Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Is it still possible to host a flatfile retro?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've beenin the retro scene, is it still possible to host a flatfile retro, like using Debbo v3.5 or something?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I don't fully understand the question. If the question is if Debbo V3.5 still works then yes; it still works. If the question is if there are any flatfile servers compatible with the latest revision then no; every server requires a MySQL database now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want to host an old retro, using Debbo or something similar. I tried installing Debbo v3.5 on Windows 10, aswell as XP, and neither will launch. States it's missing MSWNSCK.dll or something but I have that file. Not sure if it is a problem with running it in Windows 10 or not.

Reaction score
I want to host an old retro, using Debbo or something similar. I tried installing Debbo v3.5 on Windows 10, aswell as XP, and neither will launch. States it's missing MSWNSCK.dll or something but I have that file. Not sure if it is a problem with running it in Windows 10 or not.
If it says you're missing the DLL then you're missing it. You might've not put it in the correct location? I've Debbo run fine on Windows 10

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If it says you're missing the DLL then you're missing it. You might've not put it in the correct location? I've Debbo run fine on Windows 10

I got MSWINSCK.OCX registered and debbo opens now. But isn't the old loaders dependant on one of the live versions of habbo?

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Do you mean Oldschool retro?
Yes it's possible. But you will have to install an older browser and Adobe Shockwave.

Flatfile is the storage mechanism that is used to store the data, which is in files instead of a database.

Back