Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private [META] Resource Information Thread

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Droppy do you want to create a kind of scripting school? It would be a good idea, first, to create an exclusive session related..

Reaction score
Droppy do you want to create a kind of scripting school? It would be a good idea, first, to create an exclusive session related..

No, no scripting school. It's to give members some sort of knowledge on how the system works from its core.

Going to start writing some META on github.com/habbodocs and going to write on /Communications what I know. It'll be public for now

Reaction score
Meh. Github shouldn't be used as documentation tbh.

Could use this:

Having a wiki is a good idea, but not through wikia... I was going to host the wiki myself, but I'm without a host... I want the first docs to be in there for quick changing, and then we can put in a wiki...

reavaluated this. Wiki seems like a better option.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Having a wiki is a good idea, but not through wikia... I was going to host the wiki myself, but I'm without a host... I want the first docs to be in there for quick changing, and then we can put in a wiki...

reavaluated this. Wiki seems like a better option.

Also i don't like Wikia or MediaWiki.

Documentation through GitHub can be done right if you know how to use.
Many ways:
1. GitHub Pages
2. GitHub Wikis
3. GitHub Issues
4. MarkDown Files in the Repository Branches

Droppy - [META] Resource Information Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Be creatively ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@saamus To be honest I don't think Github is used for some kind of documentation / information platform but rather a platform for Git. I think either a Wiki or a complete custom-made website would be the best approach for this kind of thing.

The only documentation you should put on Github is documentation about your project. But since this isn't a project the documentation shouldn't be put on Github. But that's just my opinion.

Reaction score
Over the past few months I've had great changes in my life, both terrible and awesome. I'm now working as a fulltime C# dev at a company.

Regarding this thread, I guess I do not have enough time to build a documentation for the community, unfortunately. In any ways, I invite anyone who has been active around here to make a difference and assemble a team for this and begin the docs, and I'll make sure to support in every way I can.

I'm sorry I failed you guys with this, and I truly hope someone keep this going.

I hereby section mods to keep this open, so we have a centralized place to discuss this, until someone starts it off

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Over the past few months I've had great changes in my life, both terrible and awesome. I'm now working as a fulltime C# dev at a company.

Regarding this thread, I guess I do not have enough time to build a documentation for the community, unfortunately. In any ways, I invite anyone who has been active around here to make a difference and assemble a team for this and begin the docs, and I'll make sure to support in every way I can.

I'm sorry I failed you guys with this, and I truly hope someone keep this going.

I hereby section mods to keep this open, so we have a centralized place to discuss this, until someone starts it off

Honestly, I had no idea you even tagged me. I've decided upon myself that I will take responsibility of this thread, out of the other moderators, as I believe I will be the best fit in regards to the knowledge of Habbo.

I will edit your main thread as people contribute, with their correlated topic, and under each category as well. (client data - flash, shockwave and then servers - protocol, releases, etc). I will also actively try to archive these files on my real-life and online storage to ensure these files never get lost.

I've attached the RABCDAsm SWF decompiling toolkit to this comment, this includes the DECOMPILE.bat and RECOMPILE.bat files which are required to edit and repackage the swf.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back