Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private [META] Resource Information Thread

Reaction score
Hey guys!

First of all, I've got no clue of what the title from this thread should be like.

For quite some time we've seen amazing people helping the community with very useful threads and informations, an example of that was Glaceon 's "Understanding the Habbo Protocol"

There's a lot of documentated stuff around here on how the protocol works, but they are scattered all over the place. We should explain people on how to fetch structures, how the protocol works, manually editing the Habbo.swf through rabcdasm, some tools (such as header updater, structure fetcher, swf cracker, etc) and preferably how they work, and I hope some sort of changelog in versions (since the idea is to cover both shockwave and flash).

This thread would focused mostly communication, and we could make one later on for furnis and others.

All the information on the thread would be provided by the community members. It would be a locked thread for easier editing and moving stuff, but anyone would be able to contribute by messaging the mods.

I'll summon a few members that may (or may not) want to contribute: Glaceon The General Joopie maritnmine CodeDragon NoBrain Quackster anthony93260 Sledmore Keiz Shorty vista4life Moogly saamus Hoshiko leenster Dominic (had forgotten ur username, d0d)

Please tell us what you think, as I think this is going to be a good resource for the members from the community!

- Lucca

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can use this to alter AS3 code. NOTE that the feature is still in development

I think this would be a relevant thread, that could be useful for new developers joining the scene. This could benefit the scene in all sorts of ways, because when more developers are present, there would be more people active around here to help people, who'd never know to write a simple if/else statement.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Droppy can comments in this thread only be allowed when it is part of explanation? Else its gonna be asking for help, two liner posts and it would clutter this thread which will not be able to serve its intended purpose.

Also I dont know what people want to know really. I think protocol is just well documented. How you go about finding structures well everyone has its own way.

I think a proper wiki would work better. (I discourage to use wiki software that anyone could edit.). I will see if there is a better way to document what we know.

And you forgot Joopie leenster (He got me started with advanced editing of customs)

Maybe we can get a subsection in tutorials called "The Habbo Client" or something where everything goes for documentation assuming you want to keep it on the forums or else MentaL might feel stepped onto his toes :love:

Reaction score
Droppy can comments in this thread only be allowed when it is part of explanation? Else its gonna be asking for help, two liner posts and it would clutter this thread which will not be able to serve its intended purpose.

Also I dont know what people want to know really. I think protocol is just well documented. How you go about finding structures well everyone has its own way.

I think a proper wiki would work better. (I discourage to use wiki software that anyone could edit.). I will see if there is a better way to document what we know.

And you forgot Joopie leenster (He got me started with advanced editing of customs)

Maybe we can get a subsection in tutorials called "The Habbo Client" or something where everything goes for documentation assuming you want to keep it on the forums or else MentaL might feel stepped onto his toes :love:

Added leenster! Joopie was already in there haha

I think using on forum is better, perhaps a wiki, but idk... as I was talking to MentaL maybe we could make multiple threads or only one (with multiple documented posts), what do you think it would suit best?

I may create a thread specified for people to ask editions or want a temporary thread opening (for posting), this one is because we want to hear user's comments on the subject, I think I'll start doing it today (organizing writing people etc)!

I'll PM you

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
BookStack is a good way to host everything.

Using PHP and MySQL
Free & Open Source
WYSIWYG Editor
Organized in "Books" > "Chapters" > "Pages"
Content is searchable.
The whole instance is configurable, so no need to worry about everyone being able to edit everything.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just as Hoshiko said, maybe it's time to move to something different and write something ourselves. Shockwave is as dead as it gets and Flash is maybe not dead but is becoming old as well (not to mention the current flash client is just a sad piece of ****). Unfortunately, client-side stuff isn't really my thing.

Anyways, the idea is cool yeah. Definitely would be nice to have lots of information about such stuff.
Dominic What?! Is it possible to edit AS3 directly without decompiling it, changing ABC bytecode and then recompiling? And you never told me? Just kidding.

The General I don't think it's necessary to create a whole subsection for this. If it's some kind of tutorial just post it in tutorials. Else why wouldn't there be subsections for the release section? I think that'd make more sense. No offense, I understand why you'd want it, but I don't think it's really needed also because I don't think the tutorial section is used that much anyways.

Reaction score
For now I think gathering knowledge and just writing things down should be done first. Can be a lot from simply explaining how you obtain the habbo_scripts and what it contains so you could link to that later in a more wiki style formatting.

I agree with you. We should start with the simple first, I'll be coordinating with other staff members if they are up for it and how we should do it ( CodeDragon Shorty asesinato Shoelace )

Reaction score
I'm willing to document stuff, but it has to be usefull stuff.

Just to name a few which should be documented:
- how furnitures are build, what each XML file etc does;
- packed headers and structures (based on revisions);
- encryption (kinda based on revision);
- the diffrent type of encoding Habbo uses;
- camera.

And I'm verry sure we can come up with more. But the key here is to start right and NOT put everything in one thread.
Some say the Tutorial section is the place for this, but who the duck looks in that section anyway. 9/10 stuff is poop and/or outdated.

Some might say to just start all over and make our own Client. Goodluck with that, it's not going to happen, never.

My idea is to use Git with a good folder structure, write everything down using the *.md extention so we can use fancy markup. This way everyone can fork, clone and do w.e. they want, make pull requests and contribute to it. And maybe another repo to make a fancy frontend which displays the content nicely (just a idea thought).

Reaction score
I'm willing to document stuff, but it has to be usefull stuff.

Just to name a few which should be documented:
- how furnitures are build, what each XML file etc does;
- packed headers and structures (based on revisions);
- encryption (kinda based on revision);
- the diffrent type of encoding Habbo uses;
- camera.

And I'm verry sure we can come up with more. But the key here is to start right and NOT put everything in one thread.
Some say the Tutorial section is the place for this, but who the duck looks in that section anyway. 9/10 stuff is poop and/or outdated.

Some might say to just start all over and make our own Client. Goodluck with that, it's not going to happen, never.

My idea is to use Git with a good folder structure, write everything down using the *.md extention so we can use fancy markup. This way everyone can fork, clone and do w.e. they want, make pull requests and contribute to it. And maybe another repo to make a fancy frontend which displays the content nicely (just a idea thought).
document camera, pls

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I like Emetophobic 's idea on the books, we could host it privately and later on publish it

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's a good point, maybe we should go back to 1 thread with multiple information (even during development time), or a private github during development time and then we copy the content to a thread...

GitHub is strict with the DMCA's they don't shut down repos by simply someone sending a DMCA. Also you can recover the repos after DMCA's.

A lot of cracking tools and hacking, private MMO tools are developed in GitHub, and they "approve" that.

Like:

And many other examples.

Reaction score
GitHub is strict with the DMCA's they don't shut down repos by simply someone sending a DMCA. Also you can recover the repos after DMCA's.

A lot of cracking tools and hacking, private MMO tools are developed in GitHub, and they "approve" that.

Like:

And many other examples.

I rather having it private on GitHub for the first papers, and then moving to a thread or something for public view, having in public might become a harrass later (or not).

Guys, please send over your GitHub usernames through PM and I'll invite to our private repo

Reaction score
I wouldnt go into detail about the structures themself as they change quite frequently and then you going to have to keep track of the revisions.

I will just setup wikimedia, create a bunch of accounts for people to edit and create pages so random people arent going to duck up the pages.

☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
--------------

Last edited:
Back