Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Please add on to history!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A lot of people are leaving the community and a lot of people aren't telling the past... Where we came from this section has change so much... Lets remember our roots. Can anyone add to below?

Let's look back to JoeH (known as Adus on this forum) whom coded the very first V1 server in VB6. This server is known more commonly as MDK v1, which wasn't at all coded by MDK, not that it matters anyway, it's not the best thing ever. Eventually it got leaked into the scripting community (naturally the only people who'd mess with that sort of thing) eventually a few years later someone known as Matt (Parlane if I'm not mistaken, who also made the first scripting app (in director which is what habbo's client was coded in before the move to flash) that was a plugin known as Havvok Mini or w/e) coded the first v7 server with encoding, then people like Jeax made servers, the first most popular server back in the day I remember after the v1 server scene basically faded was Flex source, I came here to RZ many years ago and saw it, then left, when I came back USA111 which was based off of Flex source was the top server, I remember waiting for him to release it for so long, it used to be known properly as USA111 and Myrax's Server or w/e, but people took off his name. Anyway shortly after the source was release / leaked(?) a small team of different developers (Nillus, Kaka22 or w/e, Mirkan, and Goldenshox , and if I forgot anyone then they arent important lol) got together to form Debbo Project, which was partially based off of Habbix server by Nillus which had custom features and such. This server was a big hit, then at some point the Debbo Project disbanded when it was just Kaka and Nillus and at some point just Nillus.

At some point in Debbo's late Developments Jeax came back and posted the very first public C# habbo Emulator, which is known as Project Cold Coffee, this project ran the latest version of habbo but due to it being completely different from what people were accostumed to nobody used it.

Shortly after this, Jeax became moderator and a regular user, he kept nagging to Nillus about how crappy the servers are and that they should be coded from scratch, at one point Jeax started what is known by few as JASE (Jeax's Asynchronous Socket Environment) which was the 2nd ever Public C# project.

Sometime therein after Nillus started Holograph Emulator (I believe it was named Ambience Emulator previously). Holograph was actually supposed to be named Hologram but Nillus got the word wrong him not being a native english speaker. Anyway, it started off as an Open Source from scratch VB6 project, thus the Nillus vs. Jeax war started, eventually Nillus ported it to VB.NET due to it being as powerful as C#.NET (since both use the .NET Framework). At some point though Nillus switched to C# and even further wars started considering Nillus had never done any C#, in some cases he had to do a lot of googling to figure out the new syntax / functions. Since Nillus didn't know anything about C# and was fairly new to .NET and was accustomed to using pre-developed servers (not from scratch) he was inspired by the structure developed by Jeax, which made JASE and Holo sisters.

However due to users already having known Nillus from Debbo etc... They all supported him more, this caused JASE to die out as soon as Jeax left Habbo Section for Script-O-Matic. In which about the same time Nillus had also left and Holo development seized thought Holo (unlike JASE) had a CMS which made it much more useful.

As I said sometime therein after Nillus left the Habbo Section, flat file servers were still being used, at some point I even made my own Flat File server, C# servers were buggy at this point due to most users having barely any experience.

Sometime after all of this Nillus was telling me about starting a new Habbo Hotel Emulator that ran v13 of habbo for fun, in the middle of this project which I helped to thoroughly test and provide feedback on personal experiences and such. Even little trivial things were coded such as in the old days when you'd talk and you'd be far away from someone your message would be obfuscated by dots. Anyway, at some point we decided to make an official hotel for *****, due to disagreements the project was canned by me and Nillus.

While he did Woodpecker he remembered something he learned from PHP which pointed him towards MySQL Database Pooling which he shared his class from Woodpecker with Cecer1 or w/e whom is credited for something Nillus did to begin with. Shortly after Nillus also came up with another concept of caching data on the server to stop abusing MySQL queries, which again another user this time known as Dissy was credited for work Nillus did.

Let's forward a little bit, Nillus did another server but this time it is a framework that ran version 7 of Habbo Hotel with encoding an all. Then he did a v5 server which was in Java.

Sometime herein after a user known as Meth0d picks up the Ion Framework which Nillus made for V7 of habbo, though I would guess he used Ion/Deltar which is also done by Nillus (for v35 aka flash habbo) and created Uber Emulator.

Anyway this is a rough sketch of the history from all I've gathered over the years. There's a lot of names missing and servers missing but these are the highlights.

Credits for this goes to Moogly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back