Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private [Poll] How do you want the ChocolateyCMS plugin system to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yes, finally Chocolatey it's turning out to the BETA version. (basically two months of alpha!)

Finally, we're going to the BETA version that will include.:

* Fully Class Documentation
* Fully Changelog
* Full In-Code Documentation
* Variables/Code Normalization
* Installer
* +Give Suggestion
* Plugin System
* Analytics System

Also, I'm thinking of separating the API from the HabboWEB part into two separated modules.

Basically, the Frontend thing would be on Laravel and the API thing in a microservice provider (aka Lumen). (But IDK if it's good for dummies, newbies or if it's good doing it..)

-----

Anyways, now it's the time for the PLUGIN system + Installer.

I want a suggestion of how you want to the Plugin System would be.

You can suggest PHP Libraries that are Plugin Engines, features for the Plugin System, Technical tips, etc.

Remember.: Composer Plugins:
As an example, It's good the plugin system being like each plugin it's a composer package?
Or in a folder called Plugins?

Do the plugins can add or edit the API Paths? (Like custom paths + ability to overwrite other paths?)

Is it good the plugin system with the ability to create/adding more views? pages? Habbo-web pages?

----
It's good I make a script that changes the Angular Content to something that includes your view? How would custom pages be? Like Staff Page? Something easy?

It's good I create a system that allows Angular automatically route to dynamic pages?

Give'me your suggestions!!

------
For the Installer, what yours want to the Installer be? Something that allows configuring MySQL? Chocolatey Config File things, like HotelName? TELL ME!

Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Re: [Pool] How do you want the ChocolateyCMS plugin system to be?

You are using Laravel. Laravel comes with a plugin system that uses composer. This poll is pointless and you're just wasting your time writing a custom plugin system. Make use of the plethora of plugins provided by the Laravel community, it has anything you could possibly think of.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

Why do you need a plugin system? This is not an emulator. I don't think a website should need a plugin system, this will only make things a lot more complicated. I say give me a potato and scrap the plugin system.

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score

You are using Laravel. Laravel comes with a plugin system that uses composer. This poll is pointless and you're just wasting your time writing a custom plugin system. Make use of the plethora of plugins provided by the Laravel community, it has anything you could possibly think of.

Technically he's using Lumen, but still, yeah. Solutions already exist for this.

Reaction score

Basically the same thing, just one is a stripped down version :)
Lumen comes with fewer things packaged than Laravel.

The intent of this Plugin System its hotel owners customize their CMS Pages and Features. Like adding Staff Page, or more other things.

I agree that would be really hard to create it and need to be well planned to avoid bugs and performance problems.

But many users of Chocolatey want it.

As I see here the onliest guy that comment on this thread that actually looked Chocolatey source code and used it, it's scottstamp851.

So I think yours need first think why I'm doing this, before the judge. Sorry for being rude... But one says that Laravel has many plugins for it (That's not my intention, my intention it creates HabboWEB Plugins) (And I really doubt that exists any Laravel Plugin for Habbo...)
CodeDragon, UberCMS has a Plugin System. HoloCMS too. RevCMS too. Both were horrible, but.... anyways.

Reaction score

Lumen comes with fewer things packaged than Laravel.
Doesn't matter, they are bolted on using composer and a 1 liner in the configuration file(s). Lumen is nothing more than a stripped down version of Laravel, the core system is near enough exactly the same. Following their documentation and inputting the correct commands in the CLI will get you what you want.

You also mentioned that many people wanted a plugin system, I have yet to see a post requesting one. I also suggest you prioritise optimisations and such over features since right now you're butchering Lumen.

Reaction score

Doesn't matter, they are bolted on using composer and a 1 liner in the configuration file(s). Lumen is nothing more than a stripped down version of Laravel, the core system is near enough exactly the same. Following their documentation and inputting the correct commands in the CLI will get you what you want.

You also mentioned that many people wanted a plugin system, I have yet to see a post requesting one. I also suggest you prioritise optimisations and such over features since right now you're butchering Lumen.
About the optimizations, I totally agree with you! :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

It should be like the old "phoenix 2.0.4" housekeeping, I remember you just added a link and executed it.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

@CodeDragon, UberCMS has a Plugin System. HoloCMS too. RevCMS too. Both were horrible, but.... anyways.

And yours will be horrible to. You're better off refactoring and cleaning-up your back-end so it will be easier for others to edit it. This makes it a lot easier for them to add the appropriate stuff they want to add.

You're introducing more overhead with a plugin system on a website which is not needed? I think it's not needed but go ahead if you want, I won't stop you it's something you have to decide.

If you want a plugin system so badly add it. If you want to listen to some professional feedback, then do not write one and refactor.

Reaction score

And yours will be horrible to. You're better off refactoring and cleaning-up your back-end so it will be easier for others to edit it. This makes it a lot easier for them to add the appropriate stuff they want to add.

You're introducing more overhead with a plugin system on a website which is not needed? I think it's not needed but go ahead if you want, I won't stop you it's something you have to decide.

If you want a plugin system so badly add it. If you want to listen to some professional feedback, then do not write one and refactor.
Okay... No Plugin System... :$::(:... Anyways the Chocolatey CORE isn't really bad....

But I'm improving it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back