Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Question about oldschool Shockwave hotels

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is out of my rear end this question but I'm curious...

I'd love to open a v18-v26 hotel but i remember some of them being a bit buggy, trax, etc.. Is there any modern alterations that can be made to these hotels? Can one be completely redone, change the UI, etc?

Noob questions but I'm really interested in owning an old school hotel and putting it out there a while to see how it does. If anyone has suggestions or maybe wants to open one let me know.. Been looking to bring back some old school stuff.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Considering your players would need to download a separate browser to actually play on it, i'd say it wouldn't get a lot of attention.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only way to get a lot of attention with an oldschool hotel is by rewriting it in HTML5.

Yea man after posting this i saw some threads on here about that. When it comes to code i dont know exactly what im doing, but i figure out as i go. I can edit code but i cant start from scratch. ive been doing it with retros for years. Before going into this should i learn java html and css. Or just find one already made, download and edit like i would with an r63b? Like i said i dont code at all so a brutally honest answer to that would be appreciated man.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Before going into this should i learn java html and css. Or just find one already made, download and edit like i would with an r63b? Like i said i dont code at all so a brutally honest answer to that would be appreciated man.

You don't have a lot to work with in terms of existing html5 oldschool projects, they're all incomplete or a total mess. Hopefully, 2018 will bring out more interest in creating a replica of habbo instead of emulating it.

Here's some stuff you can check out and learn if you want to prepare for the (hopefully) upcoming html5 hotels.
Javascript,
supersets of js,
task runners,
build tools,
transpilers,
backwardcompatability compilers,
bundling tools

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You don't have a lot to work with in terms of existing html5 oldschool projects, they're all incomplete or a total mess. Hopefully, 2018 will bring out more interest in creating a replica of habbo instead of emulating it.

Here's some stuff you can check out and learn if you want to prepare for the (hopefully) upcoming html5 hotels.
Javascript,
supersets of js,
task runners,
build tools,
transpilers,
backwardcompatability compilers,
bundling tools
I'm going to start reading up immediately. I really appreciate the help!

Back