Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Revive Old School!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I genuinely miss the old days.. 04-09 for me. Im desperate for somebody out there to release something new on old schools. I know I'm asking alot seeing that I'm nowhere near a developer in any way. But I would love to see one of you guys come out with something.

Shockwave isn't supported by most browsers. I think it would be awesome if there was an html5 version or something of the game. Just ranting. Anyone else like to see that?

Reaction score
There was a Javascript (?) version laying around somewhere I played with it for a while and it had a lot of potential. Would love to see someone with experience to continue the project.

Here we go! http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/jabbo-v3-1-javascript-habbo-912294/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There was a Javascript (?) version laying around somewhere I played with it for a while and it had a lot of potential. Would love to see someone with experience to continue the project.

Here we go! http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/jabbo-v3-1-javascript-habbo-912294/

I wish the DL link worked man. I was using blunk for a little while. It worked well but it was missing some things. I havent had time to dig through old posts from 2009 haha but when I do I'm going to see what I can do with it. I'd love to have a functioning olds chool hotel that people actually played

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I wish the DL link worked man. I was using blunk for a little while. It worked well but it was missing some things. I havent had time to dig through old posts from 2009 haha but when I do I'm going to see what I can do with it. I'd love to have a functioning olds chool hotel that people actually played
I believe what you are looking for can be found here:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Take a look at , it look like a habbo copy, maybe the owner was old rz member? xd

You can also rip this game and make an private server :b

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm working on an oldschool project, I will share some stuff when is done.

Shockwave isn't supported on new browser anymore but there is a way to create an executable client based on WebKit and allowing shockwave execution. Just need making an installer and you are ready :sleep:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Shockwave isn't supported on new browser anymore but there is a way to create an executable client based on WebKit and allowing shockwave execution. Just need making an installer and you are ready :sleep:
Shockwave needs files from Adobe's servers when executing the Habbo Client.
If these servers go away, the solution you're proposing will fail loading.

There are only two true ways to save oldskool at this point:
- Reverse engineer Shockwave and emulate fully in C++ or Rust, compiled to WebAssembly

- Re-create the oldskool client. For the most performance I'd suggest C++ with SDL, compiled to WebAssembly. Regular canvas with Web Workers to do the heavy lifting (e.g. pathfinding) is also an option.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Keep me posted man. I've wanted to bring back some type of old school for the longest time.. Be it bringing back debbo or even making an R63B simulate an old school.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh my god I miss this game, been away for almost 7-8 years since then? What has changed?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Too much man and IMO the change is awful. I'm just bias. I really miss the old school days haha

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Also Shockwave is supported in Maxthon, palemoon etc... what version are you working on?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Psst... don't tell anyone.

I really love oldskool so surely something oldskool a like would be really cool, especially something that runs with today modern technology.

you wut??

P.S. Seamonkey is a great browser, overseen by the Mozilla Project, that can definitely be used as a daily browser (I use it as my main web browser) and it supports Shockwave!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As of today I'm talking to a DEV to put together exactly that. Hopefully in the somewhat near future we can put something together like that. Keep an eye out

Reaction score

Psst... don't tell anyone.

I really love oldskool so surely something oldskool a like would be really cool, especially something that runs with today modern technology.

It's a shame you had to post that link. I dont know what your intension was with it. Maybe to show it of. But doing that with someone else his work is just wrong... It also proves that you can't be trusted for keeping "secrets".

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's a shame you had to post that link. I dont know what your intension was with it. Maybe to show it of. But doing that with someone else his work is just wrong... It also proves that you can't be trusted for keeping "secrets".

Meh, I shown it on another forum and he never said I wasn't allowed to. Thus, why would it be a big problem of doing it here?

And my INTENTION* was to show there are projects being worked on to revive oldskool so people don't have to worry.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Meh, I shown it on another forum and he never said I wasn't allowed to. Thus, why would it be a big problem of doing it here?

And my INTENTION* was to show there are projects being worked on to revive oldskool so people don't have to worry.

Project creators shouldn't have to explicitly say you're not allowed to share other peoples work, it should be expected that you're not allowed to until told otherwise, because that's called respect. Also, if this project is done by Spreedblood then don't get your hopes up because he's known to never really complete projects, I'm happy to be proven otherwise though!

Back