Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Been out of the scene for 8 years, just got some questions

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well, I've been out of the scene for 8 years, so I got a few questions about it now that it's been so many years ago..

Is there still activity in the Retros?

How is Sulake dealing with the retros? Do they still "not" care? I remember Fresh Hotel, and they are still up today. I thought they began to do legal actions against those sites.

Are they still running R63 or R63B or lower? Has newer versions been added?

What are the difference now? Are there any one that is worth to mention? Like really really cool features or stuff general?

How has the Retro VPS hosting improved? I remember that I never recieved any of my VPS's from EpicHosts or Alan's Host (the creator from phoenix emulator)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well i really have experience only on finnish community, and it seems that users have been decreasing pretty fast, but i don't know if it's happening globally. Sulake is still not caring. There will always be users who prefer older revisions, but there ain't nobody willing to host them because it's not as profitable.

I think Arcturus emulator is worth mentioning, which i think is aiming to be 100% like habbo and has relatively good team working on it. The whole scene seems to be moving into newer revisions which brings features clientside e.g. crafting.

Can't really say anything about retro VPS's because i have always just used regular VPS's myself, which have always worked and necer had any issues.

Reaction score
Is there still activity in the Retros?

How is Sulake dealing with the retros? Do they still "not" care? I remember Fresh Hotel, and they are still up today. I thought they began to do legal actions against those sites.

Are they still running R63 or R63B or lower? Has newer versions been added?

What are the difference now? Are there any one that is worth to mention? Like really really cool features or stuff general?

How has the Retro VPS hosting improved? I remember that I never recieved any of my VPS's from EpicHosts or Alan's Host (the creator from phoenix emulator)

Not really. Retros are slowly dying off because of mobile gaming.

Not really. After Aaron (Phoenix) nothing really happened.

Not really. They haven't added any major new features since 2016 (Crafting)

Not much. Moderators have been fired from Habbo and been replaced with an automatic machine learning system. Only cool thing I can think of is personal bots. I'm developing Arcturus emulator which is pretty cool and its great to see more people starting to use it. There is also Plus which is like butterfly being raped by a couple dozen script kiddies (Huge memory & CPU issues, badly coded in general). Then there are overpriced emulators that have been 'leaked' / 'released'. If you think high price == quality you're wrong.

Yeah don't buy VPS servers from people that resell it. Just spend a couple bucks on a linux VPS, install java and lemp stack. Download arcturus, install a CMS and boom pretty much done. Arcturus has a lot of configuration options. Certainly not something that you can use and run an out of the box hotel with (unlike phoenix back in the day where everyone was the same). I pretty much force people to spend time to build a proper catalog, to configure things to their liking etc. just so they have something unique.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Not much. Moderators have been fired from Habbo and been replaced with an automatic machine learning system. Only cool thing I can think of is personal bots. I'm developing Arcturus emulator which is pretty cool and its great to see more people starting to use it. There is also Plus which is like butterfly being raped by a couple dozen script kiddies (Huge memory & CPU issues, badly coded in general). Then there are overpriced emulators that have been 'leaked' / 'released'. If you think high price == quality you're wrong.

Yeah don't buy VPS servers from people that resell it. Just spend a couple bucks on a linux VPS, install java and lemp stack. Download arcturus, install a CMS and boom pretty much done. Arcturus has a lot of configuration options. Certainly not something that you can use and run an out of the box hotel with (unlike phoenix back in the day where everyone was the same). I pretty much force people to spend time to build a proper catalog, to configure things to their liking etc. just so they have something unique.
This is about as good of a summary as you can get tbh, in a TL;DR format.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It has been awhile. I really missed it. I learned about so many technical stuff from this game back in 2007. Good old days

Back