Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Shockwave Habbo - Camera checksum

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there friends, does anyone have any information on the way those old camera checksums were being generated? I'd love to know just for the sake of knowing.

It seems I can't really find anything on it myself, not through Google either, so maybe just no one knows.. But in that case I'd like to ask you: In what packets nowadays do we still find the photo's checksum? I know there's an incoming one that you receive when picking a photo up, but maybe you guys know of any other packets?

Thanks alot in advance!

- M

(Fun fact: This is the 2nd day and 4th time trying to post this, kept getting errors on this forum whenever I was trying to post, sup?!)

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Try looking up Blunk by Nillus. If I remember correctly it was all MUS from Adobe / Macromedia. At least I remember Nillus telling me so, he's shared the code behind the camera on here a few times, but I barely remember the details.

Edit:

Disclaimer - Blunk is for V5 of Habbo. The structure for Habbo changed in v7 if I remember correctly.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Try looking up Blunk by Nillus. If I remember correctly it was all MUS from Adobe / Macromedia. At least I remember Nillus telling me so, he's shared the code behind the camera on here a few times, but I barely remember the details.

Edit:

Disclaimer - Blunk is for V5 of Habbo. The structure for Habbo changed in v7 if I remember correctly.

Not to mention, even IF you port all of the camera to higher versions, it probably won't work. I think Habbo probably updated the whole camera in later versions. I tried porting Blunk's camera to v13 back when Blunk was first released for a friend but it didn't work. I don't think porting it will work, even with the new structures. Besides, I think MUS didn't change either.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not to mention, even IF you port all of the camera to higher versions, it probably won't work. I think Habbo probably updated the whole camera in later versions. I tried porting Blunk's camera to v13 back when Blunk was first released for a friend but it didn't work. I don't think porting it will work, even with the new structures. Besides, I think MUS didn't change either.

We never truly had the info for camera for versions after v5 though, and I don't recall anyone making it work for v7 ~ r22 so you may be right it might be a different packet structure, but the way the camera itself is stored I think remained.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We never truly had the info for camera for versions after v5 though, and I don't recall anyone making it work for v7 ~ r22 so you may be right it might be a different packet structure, but the way the camera itself is stored I think remained.

Blunk was released with the source, which contained camera. I worked on it in private, besides that nobody worked on camera for the later versions (besides lab-hotel).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Blunk was released with the source, which contained camera. I worked on it in private, besides that nobody worked on camera for the later versions (besides lab-hotel).

You're not that right, Near and PEjump developed an external C# camera tool a long time ago which made this possible and it worked pretty good on my R13 hotel (HabboDavinci) for some months. The process was to buy a camera code on the CMS, paste it on the external camera app, take a photo on the hotel screen with exactly same camera GUI as in game and send it to your Habbo hand at the end to paste anywhere on walls.

It worked pretty fine since photos were real as duck like in the old habbo times and the app gets closed if you tried to take a photo of anything outside hotel screen. Of course this can be forced, I know is not that safe, not the official way, is a bit more annoying but it was a good and smart solution.

I'll probably come back with my hotel soon and of course I'll release everything ^^

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You're not that right, Near and PEjump developed an external C# camera tool a long time ago which made this possible and it worked pretty good on my R13 hotel (HabboDavinci) for some months. The process was to buy a camera code on the CMS, paste it on the external camera app, take a photo on the hotel screen with exactly same camera GUI as in game and send it to your Habbo hand at the end to paste anywhere on walls.

It worked pretty fine since photos were real as duck like in the old habbo times and the app gets closed if you tried to take a photo of anything outside hotel screen. Of course this can be forced, I know is not that safe, not the official way, is a bit more annoying but it was a good and smart solution.

I'll probably come back with my hotel soon and of course I'll release everything ^^
I meant the official way, not a 'workaround'.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Puomi.xyz upgraded Blunk v5 to v13 with the camera and added new features like TicTacToe, Poker etc.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@larsxd1234 Using camera the same way as in v5 doesn't work... I ported Blunk's v5 MUS to Woodpecker C# and at the LOGIN packet I receive as content string:

1 7580690011900000

In Blunk, the content string is split like:

String[] credentials = request.contentString.split(" ", 2);

Where index 0 is the username and index 1 is the password. I'm curious about what the content string means.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
larsxd1234 Using camera the same way as in v5 doesn't work... I ported Blunk's v5 MUS to Woodpecker C# and at the LOGIN packet I receive as content string:

1 7580690011900000

In Blunk, the content string is split like:

String[] credentials = request.contentString.split(" ", 2);

Where index 0 is the username and index 1 is the password. I'm curious about what the content string means.

There are some people we could ask, but if they answer it would be anonymous, though maybe Nillus if he ever came back could answer, I'm sure he has some idea? Would be fun to see that camera redone, especially since the current camera is completely different.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are some people we could ask, but if they answer it would be anonymous, though maybe Nillus if he ever came back could answer, I'm sure he has some idea? Would be fun to see that camera redone, especially since the current camera is completely different.

The current camera sucks. I doubt Nillus ever comes back to answer. I think the closest I would get maybe is vista4life if he's still active on Skype and answers. But then again, I doubt anybody has answers, and I doubt anybody is willing to spend time on it since Shockwave is dead (I have to run an old version of Firefox in order for Shockwave to work). Maybe the v13 version needs to have some poop done to 'decrypt' the content (which is weird, since the rest of the packet is correctly decoded just like in Blunk), but I'm unsure. No doubt that making it work in v26 will be even harder. (I assume in v36 Habbo had removed the camera)

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The current camera sucks. I doubt Nillus ever comes back to answer. I think the closest I would get maybe is vista4life if he's still active on Skype and answers. But then again, I doubt anybody has answers, and I doubt anybody is willing to spend time on it since Shockwave is dead (I have to run an old version of Firefox in order for Shockwave to work). Maybe the v13 version needs to have some poop done to 'decrypt' the content (which is weird, since the rest of the packet is correctly decoded just like in Blunk), but I'm unsure. No doubt that making it work in v26 will be even harder. (I assume in v36 Habbo had removed the camera)

That was around the time where they removed the camera completely yes. I always loved the Beta versions of Habbo cause they were really limited, it made me feel like I was playing v13 with a full screen.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That was around the time where they removed the camera completely yes. I always loved the Beta versions of Habbo cause they were really limited, it made me feel like I was playing v13 with a full screen.

Anyways, if somehow you get in contact with somebody who knows how camera works, please let me know. You can also contact me on my new Skype (if I remember correctly, I had you on my old Skype joshua_develop). My new Skype is mr.josh.97, I'm not so active here anymore.

BETA was okay. I loved how BETA looked, the hotelview, the navigator (the R34/R35 one), overal it was just pretty cool, but then they changed things too much. Yet, if only Shockwave wouldn't be dead...

Thanks for the memories!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The current camera sucks. I doubt @Nillus ever comes back to answer. I think the closest I would get maybe is @vista4life if he's still active on Skype and answers. But then again, I doubt anybody has answers, and I doubt anybody is willing to spend time on it since Shockwave is dead (I have to run an old version of Firefox in order for Shockwave to work). Maybe the v13 version needs to have some poop done to 'decrypt' the content (which is weird, since the rest of the packet is correctly decoded just like in Blunk), but I'm unsure. No doubt that making it work in v26 will be even harder. (I assume in v36 Habbo had removed the camera)
Hey! I never bothered to figure out the 'cs' checksum for photos. Grab and persist, retrieve and provide.

Seems like it was some image integrity protection, provided by Shockwave itself. No idea how it is computed.

Regarding the credentials in the MUS 'Logon' message for V13: I think it could be an identifier provided to the client at login, or the Shockwave 'machine ID', or perhaps some hash computed from the SSO ticket. It's not like the V13 'SSO login' mode provided other means of identification.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey! I never bothered to figure out the 'cs' checksum for photos. Grab and persist, retrieve and provide.

Seems like it was some image integrity protection, provided by Shockwave itself. No idea how it is computed.

Regarding the credentials in the MUS 'Logon' message for V13: I think it could be an identifier provided to the client at login, or the Shockwave 'machine ID', or perhaps some hash computed from the SSO ticket. It's not like the V13 'SSO login' mode provided other means of identification.

The MUS Logon according to the guy from Puomi has the machine ID of the player using the camera in it, which you can use to get the player.

Back