Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private A special thanks to two people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thanks Jozef Stalin and Anarchic for making this community a better place. I for once can't feel enough joy of you two working together; working together like best mates. Making the best possible emulator ever. An emulator that every pleb can use without all the harashments and stuff.

Haven't I said this community is becoming a better place since? Well it truely is! Look at all the people enjoying commenting on the Mufrid (Performance) development thread. Unlike any other emulator, Mufrid First! Nothing can tip this most epic poop.

The most thing I respect is that everything is free of charge. Every tool is available for use, people are even willing to learn and help develop on it. I mean, we haven't seen this collaboration since, well, ever?! And that all for nop, nada, nothing!

Man, those two guys have seriously changed it all. No more hacking, no more insulting, no more making people black, no more scamming, no more money digging; just one big happy family making the best out of everything.

Oh and if you haven't figured by now; both the title and the main post is purely sarcasm. Have fun in this section. :thefinger:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
We need more people using this license in the habbo scene

DO WHAT THE duck YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, December 2004

Copyright (C) 2004 Sam Hocevar <sam@hocevar.net>

Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or modified
copies of this license document, and changing it is allowed as long
as the name is changed.

DO WHAT THE duck YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION

0. You just DO WHAT THE duck YOU WANT TO.

Reaction score
We need more people using this license in the habbo scene
Why do you use GPL then for Morningstar (which isn’t even your code)?

I followed this little war a bit and I’m shocked that TG got banned. Sure, some posts were against the rules, but as a professional developer I can understand his reactions. He has chosen not to release his source code. If you want to be respected, you should also respect his decisions about his code - code which was years of work according to him.
Maybe it’s because of my age, but I think if you don’t agree with a license, simply don’t use it - no exceptions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I followed this little war a bit and I’m shocked that TG got banned. Sure, some posts were against the rules, but as a professional developer I can understand his reactions. He has chosen not to release his source code. If you want to be respected, you should also respect his decisions about his code - code which was years of work according to him.
Maybe it’s because of my age, but I think if you don’t agree with a license, simply don’t use it - no exceptions.

Your signature sums up what MorningStar is doing.

Reaction score

The licenses of Habbo aren't respected by the Habbo retro community (otherwise people wouldn't be copying the game). This is why private/closed source projects aren't respected either. This forum section thrives on leaks.

Reaction score
The licenses of Habbo aren't respected by the Habbo retro community (otherwise people wouldn't be copying the game). This is why private/closed source projects aren't respected either. This forum section thrives on leaks.
I mean for better or worse? Sure, it's not a bad problem attacking a corporation. But attacking an individual with 5 years invested into his project, vs the 'developer's with half of an emulator called Azure?

Community is highly disrespectful towards those who want to contribute.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I use GPL Because thats the license arcturus was released with, I'm not allowed to change the license. If it was my choice, i'd release it under the DO WHAT THE duck YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE.

I've been over this too much to argue, but TheGeneral closed sourced code without the prior permission of all code contributors, which breaks his own license. You cannot claim that I do not follow the license, when he didn't even follow it himself.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I mean for better or worse? Sure, it's not a bad problem attacking a corporation. But attacking an individual with 5 years invested into his project, vs the 'developer's with half of an emulator called Azure?

Community is highly disrespectful towards those who want to contribute.
I think it's both wrong attacking individuals and corporations. Corporations also are made by individuals that work for years to accomplish something.

Even agreeing with you about the licensing thing, sadly this doesn't apply for this community. The Habbo retro community, it's literally based on leaks since from the beginning, for better or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back