Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Rank
    True Member
    Likes (Received)

Re: Sulake Made A Confirmation!

Quote Originally Posted by Dgit View Post
    If they were to, I doubt they'd go after the actual forum; but ask for the actual sections to be removed.
    I agree. But I think they may ask more than for them to be removed. I mean it would be a breakthrough if they actually shutdown RaGEZONE. I'm not for it, but I don't think it would be to difficult to go through the various MMORPG games being "pirated" here and contact their developers and what not.

Personally I think something bigger is coming. They took years for them to take action. What's stopping them to attack a forum? I'm 100% sure that they have gotten smarter and obviously have learned that taking down retros is not enough. Although my thoughts and opinions are only a speculation of this whole situation and what may span out in the near future that may unfold rather quickly and maybe quite sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Zensai View Post
    Nah, I think Leon is next. He is selling an emulator just like Aaron did.
    Quackster should be safe since he haven't made any profit from it.
    I wouldn't use the word "safe". That is false.

Run, but I'll find you. Ddos Attack's Avatar

Rank
    True Member
    Likes (Received)

Aaron lost it all, eh? :o

Quote Originally Posted by Clawed View Post
    They went for the main person involved in all of it, i think they'll go after the big hotels next, eg; HabPlus, Fresh, Zap, HabboLatino & Sunnieday.
    There the main top 5 retros, that i know off, there's NL ones, but i don't know them.

I don't think they will go for people that do free open source emus, theres no money in it for habbo.
    It's all fun and games.

Btw, you mis-spelled "confirmation"
    Habbolatino closed down. Its now a flash game site. I was like df.

Rank
    Alpha Male
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ACADEMiC View Post
    I agree. But I think they may ask more than for them to be removed. I mean it would be a breakthrough if they actually shutdown RaGEZONE. I'm not for it, but I don't think it would be to difficult to go through the various MMORPG games being "pirated" here and contact their developers and what not.

Personally I think something bigger is coming. They took years for them to take action. What's stopping them to attack a forum? I'm 100% sure that they have gotten smarter and obviously have learned that taking down retros is not enough. Although my thoughts and opinions are only a speculation of this whole situation and what may span out in the near future that may unfold rather quickly and maybe quite sudden.
    Strange because I have never seen a legit DMCA complaint by Sulake.
    long live the quack

Rank
    True Member
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
    Strange because I have never seen a legit DMCA complaint by Sulake.
    Neither have I. I never mentioned that they filed a complaint. As I said "I'm 100% sure that they have gotten smarter and obviously taking retros down is not enough.". I merely mentioned that they became intelligent and came to realise that taking down retros (just like some of us) is not going to stop, as one after the other, they once again pop up. One by one.

Rank
    Alpha Male
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ACADEMiC View Post
    Neither have I. I never mentioned that they filed a complaint. As I said "I'm 100% sure that they have gotten smarter and obviously taking retros down is not enough.". I merely mentioned that they became intelligent and came to realise that taking down retros (just like some of us) is not going to stop, as one after the other, they once again pop up. One by one.
    I've seen a few legitimate DMCA requests in my many years of playing/developing habbo retros...
    Regards,
    Roper

Something epic is coming.

Rank
    True Member
    Likes (Received)

Now I remember, I have received a "copyright infringement" notice which was an email which was sent from my dedicated servers provider (a very loyal host) in which they had only forwarded the message on to me. I have never received a legitimate DMCA notice from Sulake themselves or directly from their mail servers.

Rank
    Likes (Received)

Just remember absolutely no notice on their website or anywhere else say that they are pleased to email the founders of habbo retro sites. It's quite easy for a whole team just to email and being persuasive as much as they can. There is something behind, procedures that, as they said many times, are just hidden from us.

Rank
    True Member
    Likes (Received)

The way in which you are trying to express what you're trying to say, is unclear to me.

How do you mean "There is something behind, procedures that, as they said many times, are just hidden from us."

Are you saying, the way they choose to form their complaints is hidden, so that users who try and pose as Sulake Corporation have a hard time doing so? Or? Are you saying that something is just hidden in general?

Rank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DominicGunn View Post
    You better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout, I'm telling you why: Sulake's lawyers are coming to town.
    i c wat u did der!

Rank
    True Member
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ddos Attack View Post
    Aaron lost it all, eh? :o
    It's a rental lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ddos Attack View Post
    Habbolatino closed down. Its now a flash game site. I was like df.
    No? [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Rank
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry guy, i'm french so i do as i can.

Well, an article on their website is clearly saying that procedures taken aren't communicated, but it don't means that they're doing nothing against that. They're actively working on it: moreover, i'm just wondering why some people think that if they didn't receive any email or letter, their activity is safe and tolerated. Sulake never ever said that they need to contact a founder of a retroserver or send an email to go further with it - people think that only because the contrary never happend, but remember the CEO have changed.

Rank
    Likes (Received)

Well I think this is not their last action, this is just the begin and a warning for all the retro world. I guess the end will come as soon as possible.

Rank
    Subscriber
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BeastFC View Post
    Well I think this is not their last action, this is just the begin and a warning for all the retro world. I guess the end will come as soon as possible.
    The end will come when Habbo stops. There will be retros as long as Habbo is alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak
    There is a time and place for everything but not now.

Rank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tdid View Post
    The end will come when Habbo stops. There will be retros as long as Habbo is alive.
    I know but I think they are going to stop the big retros

Rank
      V.I.P  
    Likes (Received)

We don't care if you have the badge, this was supposed to be a 'discussion' 'about' the badge.