Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private What's happening?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm wondering what's happening with the Habbo Retro Scene, for the first in my life I decided to try others hotels as I don't have patience nor time at the moment to make my own Hotel.

I went with famous Hotels that have been running for years now with the latest version of Habbo.

I must say I'm disappointed, I see hotels that have been running for over 4 years with Staff Teams of 20 Members and more, but no one was able to figure out how to properly implement furniture and/or fix common bugs.

Then again this was already a problem in the past (furniture and easy to fix bugs), as an Admin I actually spent hours properly implementing furniture and fixing any and all bugs I could (sometimes with help from Developers here as well).

I'm mostly curious how much has furniture changed that doesn't make it possible to properly set spaces, animations, drink/food spawn, etc. Cause all I see is furniture I can walk through, lack drinks/food and/or don't have it's normal animations.

While most hotels go for a race on who has the most furniture and all the latest stuff, common complains among the Members who actually play is "90% of the furniture is garbage cause it doesn't work properly" (this wasn't said by me, but multiple Members in various hotels).

I'm mostly focusing on furniture here, cause it's an essential part of the Habbo Hotel! Tell me your opinions, what is happening, is there any hotel that has all the furniture properly implemented?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nothing new, there's something called conformism and the vast majority of big owners of hotels do not even consider the fact that their users deserve attention and updates.

Sadly, on the other side, there are small hotels with a lot of untold content that got very few onlines because of bad ads or just incorrect management regarding promotion.

And also part of the fault is from the users of the 'outdated' big hotels, as they're consenting owners not wondering about their hotels, ergo their users.

Cheers.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Laziness.

I was a prime example of this laziness back in the days. Didn't want to spend time on furniture myself so I added a few commands for trusted staff members to edit the furniture they clicked on last. Worked pretty well, users just walked up to a moderator and asked them to fix x furni for them.

Reaction score
2 years ago I tried to fix a whole catalogue (read: Missing furni, adding top quality custom furni, animations, furni states, walktrough, sit and stackheight, ...).
Even tho people were advertising a lot for this hotel, the staff was decent, ddos protection, decent events and rewards, and we had our own CMS with quite a few features, people didn't seem to be bothered with the bad furni in their current hotels.
I must have spent at least 5 full days (do the maths, 24x5, not just a few hours every day) to get the catalogue in a somewhat decent state, just to close the hotel after 10ish months, because of the lack of users actually staying there.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
2 years ago I tried to fix a whole catalogue (read: Missing furni, adding top quality custom furni, animations, furni states, walktrough, sit and stackheight, ...).
Even tho people were advertising a lot for this hotel, the staff was decent, ddos protection, decent events and rewards, and we had our own CMS with quite a few features, people didn't seem to be bothered with the bad furni in their current hotels.
I must have spent at least 5 full days (do the maths, 24x5, not just a few hours every day) to get the catalogue in a somewhat decent state, just to close the hotel after 10ish months, because of the lack of users actually staying there.
I had the same problem but in the end I was doing it for myself and my friends, so it didn't really bother me.

The complains about furniture are there though, like CUS7OM said,

Sadly, on the other side, there are small hotels with a lot of untold content that got very few onlines because of bad ads or just incorrect management regarding promotion.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well I've been playing Habbo since '07, and retros since around '10.
Yes indeed it is sad to see that all people can use is premade hotels.
All the actual unique hotels have 0 users, because I don't know, they're having a hard time getting users to stay.
People just wants to be spoonfed hence why there's so many crappy hotels.
Let's say flash gets deprecated and out of use in all browsers.
Where are we at then? At a good spot, because that means less noob hotels, because they'd have to migrate to e.g a JS game engine, and do they have the required skills to code them from scratch? No they don't. The only thing that can save the retro scene is if Flash dies and developers don't public release their poop.

Habbo is poorly coded anyway, so I understand why it can be hard for many people to actually customize it.

Back