Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official 5th Job

Reaction score
I mean it made sense. There was a giant level gap after 4th job where you've maxed all your skills but you still have all these levels to get through. It was just a matter of time until Nexon decided to step up to the task.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Apparently most of the new 5th job skill images in the wz files have a different header(2050) so the current wz editors cant read them.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
From what I saw, 5th job skills are basically like end game hyper skills... Just big flashy over kill skills. Some of all the jobs best 4th job skills became 5th job which is so stupid. Imo, 5th job is a big stretch to try and keeping the game fun, but that has long sailed. The new UI is also horrendous.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This.. Music..
Why use that obviously Knife Party sounding imitation..? also.. the drop.. lol..
What a shame, a major game changing feature and they pick this crap?..Who was in charge here? Is this what they perceive their audience to like? Nexon, we get you're trying to hype up the 5th job, but don't loop a track for six minutes.. is this MapleStory, a night club, or a MLG noscope vid? All hail the trap lord Nexon! :glare:

its horrible that they may have paid for the rights to use this at all.
even worse, they may have paid someone to make it..
rip

IMO:
-2/10 overall, and just because of the video
-this is awful, it's like they decided to change the audio at the last second
-should have used the actual soundtrack instead
-the update previews were never good but c'mon
-*edit: okay, the song alone isn't honestly too horrible, it sounds as if it were professionally produced, but how it's been used in this context makes it bad, again imo.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This.. Music..
Why use that obviously Knife Party sounding imitation..? also.. the drop.. lol..
What a shame, a major game changing feature and they pick this crap?..Who was in charge here? Is this what they perceive their audience to like? Nexon, we get you're trying to hype up the 5th job, but don't loop a track for six minutes.. is this MapleStory, a night club, or a MLG noscope vid? All hail the trap lord Nexon! :glare:

its horrible that they may have paid for the rights to use this at all.
even worse, they may have paid someone to make it..
rip

IMO:
-2/10 overall, and just because of the video
-this is awful, it's like they decided to change the audio at the last second
-should have used the actual soundtrack instead
-the update previews were never good but c'mon
-*edit: okay, the song alone isn't honestly too horrible, it sounds as if it were professionally produced, but how it's been used in this context makes it bad, again imo.

You rant on about the music, but what is your opinion towards the actual real reason of the video?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You rant on about the music, but what is your opinion towards the actual real reason of the video?

Can't read Korean so I have no actual opinion on it other than aesthetics. It's honestly a well made video, a/v matches for around the first minute but imo after that it sort of turns into a "____ while I play unfitting music" meme. Despite my complaints about it seeming to be drawn out, there is probably a fuckton of content being covered (over the course of each class) that I just do not understand..

With muted audio, I give the video (aesthetic) a 8/10. It's HD, and it does look like effort was made to keep a certain theme. Gotta respect that. Can't say I love the aspect ratio though.
As long as it got the point across, it's not a wasted cause.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can't read Korean so I have no actual opinion on it other than aesthetics. It's honestly a well made video, a/v matches for around the first minute but imo after that it sort of turns into a "____ while I play unfitting music" meme. Despite my complaints about it seeming to be drawn out, there is probably a fuckton of content being covered (over the course of each class) that I just do not understand..

With muted audio, I give the video (aesthetic) a 8/10. It's HD, it does look like effort was made. Can't say I love the aspect ratio.

As long as it gets the point across, it's not a wasted cause.

No, I'm talking about the content lol not the music nor video. Those are irrelevant

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No, I'm talking about the content lol not the music nor video. Those are irrelevant

My mistake. Thanks for the link.
Skill system update is stupid as duck. Why create an entirely new system when one already exists? Yay for farming Core Gemstones.
I can only assume that 5th job is chalk full of flashy skills that deal lots of numbers.
Have to agree that the new UI is horrendous, the statusbar transparency is too much but pop up windows such as the Keyboard layout looks decent. Overall it's not too easy on the eyes, but it could've been a lot worse.
nerfs or op players everywhere incoming :(:

Don't have too much time to read over everything atm.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think GMS will have 5th job soon. I has analyzed the getCharInfo and found that Phantom has 1 more job in steal_memory_maxsize.

Staff member
Reaction score
I think GMS will have 5th job soon. I has analyzed the getCharInfo and found that Phantom has 1 more job in steal_memory_maxsize.

Based on past its typical GMS has data from KMS a very long time before its actually used. I don't know if this still happens though, but it surely did back in Pre-big bang.

Random fact: The 4th job string names are already in v0.01 GMS client even though 4th job came out in v0.49. Wizet/Nexon plans very far ahead.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Are you sure that's not for hyper skills?

From what I saw, 5th job skills are basically like end game hyper skills... Just big flashy over kill skills. Some of all the jobs best 4th job skills became 5th job which is so stupid. Imo, 5th job is a big stretch to try and keeping the game fun, but that has long sailed. The new UI is also horrendous.

Which 4th job skills became 5th job skills? Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the new enhance systems? I agree the UI looks bad, but it's definitely possible to get used to it. I thought the big bang one was bad too 5.5 years ago. The change from back then to now isn't even as drastic other than some of the completely changed UIs. Maybe their goal for those was to go for a more modern theme like in other games.

I feel like 5th job didn't meet the hype for many players who were expecting full skill changes. Instead it's just skill enhancements over 4th job up to 3x the original damage at level 50 I believe. There's also 2-5 new skills. One is the job skill, one is the class skill. Then there's 3 common skills. I think decent skills or something are available too.

New farming system is kind of lame, but I guess that's the way to go. That way it forces people to actually play the game more to experience more damage. With 300% final damage on skills or something that can put a hard working free player on par with someone who bought a lot of nx/equips. Of course the stronger only get stronger.

Overall it's a little disappointing, but I do think the systems are fine. I think people expected too much from a company like Nexon. If they didn't say it was 5th job it probably would have been very well received.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I don't think phantom can steal hyper skill, lol.

They actually can now in .

Tenpai - 5th Job - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that's not for hyper skills?

Which 4th job skills became 5th job skills? Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the new enhance systems? I agree the UI looks bad, but it's definitely possible to get used to it. I thought the big bang one was bad too 5.5 years ago. The change from back then to now isn't even as drastic other than some of the completely changed UIs. Maybe their goal for those was to go for a more modern theme like in other games.

I feel like 5th job didn't meet the hype for many players who were expecting full skill changes. Instead it's just skill enhancements over 4th job up to 3x the original damage at level 50 I believe. There's also 2-5 new skills. One is the job skill, one is the class skill. Then there's 3 common skills. I think decent skills or something are available too.

New farming system is kind of lame, but I guess that's the way to go. That way it forces people to actually play the game more to experience more damage. With 300% final damage on skills or something that can put a hard working free player on par with someone who bought a lot of nx/equips. Of course the stronger only get stronger.

Overall it's a little disappointing, but I do think the systems are fine. I think people expected too much from a company like Nexon. If they didn't say it was 5th job it probably would have been very well received.

That's the thing. The new system allows you you to take and enhance 4th job skills, but why would you wanna use repeat skills? They should of made a whole new level of skills. You have hurricane right. Why not some new tier of it in 5th job where it shoots like hurricane but also rains down like a madman from above

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ahaha, my mistake. I didn't think that they will put hyper skill at the same place with 4 previous jobs.

Reaction score
5th job will include multiple skills for each job except Kanna and Hayato. You will be able to select which skills you wish to use as well.

I wonder what JMS will do with their two classes.

Back