Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official How to get a good damage range unfunded?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm a noob at crafting, I know how to cube but I don't know where/how to get cubes or potential scrolls or protection scrolls. Please help me figure out how to get a better range because I'm a 135 DS and I only hit around 20-30k

BloopBloop
Reaction score
I mean with hacks (999 attack equips), meso exploits etc or without hacks.

Example,from ccplz
[URL="
Fangsgamingyt - How to get a good damage range unfunded? - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Hilia I believe he is saying that he needs help in GMS. Without hacking(?)

I mean you can always buy mesos from those me so selling sites if you really need some.

As for cubes, you can get some cubes from bossing. And if you want good cubes, you buy from the cash shop.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I started a bit over a year ago on a pretty fresh account that had about 150k range from 2012 items. I now have well over 5m range. I followed this plan to get there. I am assuming you are on GMS v162.

30k range at 135 is not too bad for a completely new player. However, you should not worry about damage until you hit level 160 at the very least.

#1 . Get friends, make connections. The game is terrible unless you play with friends or you are "2m2m no clown" range. Even if you have 2m range, the game is terrible if you have no one to talk to. You might as well play your own server.

Do the events. The current event is really good. Don't be lazy. Get the coins daily and buy high profit items or items you need. If you are too lazy, then you either have to spend a ton of money to get range or you will have to play for years.

Monster Park Extreme to 140 since you are unfunded. Spend the rest of the time farming for leaves, do other money making things. You really need the potions in MPE for later. Another option is start making the link skills. I have the 120 link for most of them (Kanna, Demon Avenger, Xenon are the big ones, cannoneer, phantom, beast tamer are also good, hayato, kaiser, mercedes, cygnus if you are endgame are good too but lower priority) and it helps me a lot. Doing those will make your damage increase about 35%.

Get to 150-170 and start doing easy gollux. Get the coins and buy the pieces yourself. It will take half a year to fully scroll and enhance all gollux items that you need yourself (superior earrings, ring, reinforced ring, solid ring). By that time you might be level 210 and can afford other items. I personally recommend reinforced set for poorer players that are going for endgame but it's your choice. Superior is stronger. When you can do normal gollux start doing that one. Ask your guild/alliance to help you with harder gollux so you can rack your coins up faster. Make friends and train together. Again, you can't be lazy.

Again use your guild/alliance to help you with bossing. Boss queue to do bosses. At your level just do zakum and normal hilla, get the poisonic items/necromancer and extract them. Later on you can move onto harder bosses. You can also try to have some buddies carry you in other bosses and have you loot. Richer players have no problem with this. Just be friendly and make some friends. Connections matter a lot in the game. Knowing richer people will help you a lot. Many people can relate to you and many people are in the same position as you. You may not be able to take down a boss solo, but together you can.

Extract, don't sell items to shop over level 70. Go to channel 1 ardentmill or fm and use an extractor. Intermediate crystals and superior crystals sell for a lot. Invest in a shop permit or use reward points 3x a month for a shop and sell all your goodies then. Do not extract items that are worth > 150k to shop. If they are worth > 500k then also sell them separately. Your reward points should be used mostly for a shop, but you can use them on cubes as well if you have spare reward points.

People nowadays also carry for chaos root abyss and let you loot for queen and pierre. Some others do von bon too. Loot the 150 cra items and sell them. Keep one for yourself. Make sure you have done 10 regular root abyss runs. Also make sure you understand the game language. When people are recruiting looters, this does not mean you keep drops. They want you to give them all drops that are obtained. Failure to do so will blacklist you forever since you are scamming them (people that do weekly runs usually have some influence in this game). If they say split, then you will get a cut. If they say keep loot, then you keep. Otherwise just assume you give it back. Looting for people usually has benefits though. They may let you keep the low tier items, which still sell for a decent amount. They might let you keep all items some runs. If you are on Bera, I'll take you on some runs and let you get some items free.

Upgrade weapon to a soul weapon after you get the fafnir set (level 150). I give out free soul enchant service as well as magnus soul service to anyone. Many others do too. Just ask around if anyone is willing to spare any. Those that you see commonly at second drill hall are probably likely going to help you as most likely they just afk train and have acquired hundreds of enchanters. Again, connections.

Upgrade items slowly. Use 15% spell traces + clean slates or 30% spell traces (FEVER TIME!) and perfect your weapon. Only upgrade your level 150 set. Your armor can be done with 70% spell traces. Use event epic pot scrolls and get epic potential on everything. Use boss cubes to get them to 6+% stat. Never cube rare items on GMS. This is a beginner mistake. Use star force to further enhance your gear.

With full cra and gollux, you should be in better shape. I have a completely new unfunded character about level 150 with 150k range with 6% int on everything and a 70% enhanced weapon (mages have lower ranges since their multiplier is lower). The gollux is badly done too so it could go higher. Ask friends to help you with tyrant cape. They are pretty worthless now and barely worth a scissor. Many people give it away as long as you scissor. Some nice people might let you loot on a run. I have yet to see this but I have heard of this happening. Do weekly tyrant runs (not for capes just coins, people let you loot coins all the time) and save for tyrant shoes.

When you have full gollux scrolled, full cra, 5 star tyrant cape, 1-2 star tyrant shoe, rings done, you're going to be pretty solid. I'd say getting past 800k range in a short amount of time requires some nx spending. However it is important to know that you should only spend nx during miracle time, which happens 3-4 times a year. At this time spend all your remaining mesos on buying nx and buy some nx using money. Then this is the time you cube everything.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Edited: For unfunded MapleStorySEA player gameplay tips, (including damage-range-boostings tips which use the existing permanent content), please kindly refer to my profile's "About Me" section. Please also kindly take note that MapleStorySEA does not have MapleStory Global's level 3 link skills at lv210, and exclusive content. Thank you. - a MapleStorySEA player

Back