Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official EMS and GMS are going merge

Staff member
Reaction score

First signs of MapleStory popularity dying? Or is it a true team-up with Nexon Europe and America? It was known that EMS was not getting updates anymore (last since November 2015), and today an announcement has been made they are going to merge everything. Not just MapleStory.

EDIT: Yeah, its whole Nexon Europe, not just MapleStory. The merge may have nothing to do with MapleStory, but Nexon Europe in general is probably just in a crappy state.

EDIT 2: Apparently this isn't for game services, only information, making this suddenly not so special anymore.

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
NxA and NxE are merging into one, under NxA. NxE doesn't make a whole lot of money for Nexon, and NxE actually has really crappy service.
NxE shut down Navy Field 2 without even a closure announcement. The game went "down for maintenance" and their Facebook said they were "looking into it" and then a couple months later, the website stopped working, and then they quietly removed Navy Field 2 from their games list. NxA at least had the decency to announce the cancellation of the game.

It's unclear whether or not they're "merging" both EMS and GMS into one (with GMS being the "master") but that's how they did it when Combat Arms NA merged with EU (EU being the "master"). And I don't see how it would make any sense to keep the Europe and Global game client separate (and to spend money to develop these independently), and keeping the player base separate. They're not merging right away, it seems though. Customer support and billing (and how you access the game) will be changed to how Nexon America does it on June 8th (meaning, going through Nexon Launcher or Steam instead of direct launch) , but game merges will most likely happen later.

PS for anyone who plays NxE's other offerings:
United Eleven is shutting down, Dekaron is being transferred to another publisher, Combat Arms: Line of Sight no longer published by NxE and will be self-published by the devs (it also looks like they're dropping the Combat Arms brand in the name).

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This process will create a single unified platform for billing, customer support and all other
player focused services. This will allow us to provide a more consistent and favourable
experience for our Nexon players.

I don't think they will merge the game itself. I hope not lol. You know, name conflicts and etc

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
with the advent of mobile gaming and how crappy the game has become over the years, it is expected that maple itself will only shrink from now on (specially the whole free to play ideology is a joke now, you can hardly move anywhere without paying money). Lets hope the whole game will merge under nexon korea.

Reaction score
i just wan kart rider bakc :/

also splitting into regions is dumb, they can just have a separate world/channel for europe connectiosn as they did with el nido, their player base isn't that huge anymore

i just wan kart rider bakc :/

also splitting into regions is dumb, they can just have a separate world/channel for europe connectiosn as they did with el nido, their player base isn't that huge anymore

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
with the advent of mobile gaming and how crappy the game has become over the years, it is expected that maple itself will only shrink from now on (specially the whole free to play ideology is a joke now, you can hardly move anywhere without paying money). Lets hope the whole game will merge under nexon korea.

I dont know about mobile gaming, maybe a quick match while i"m on the subway...
but the experience is just different, from what you're going to get on the real MapleStory .

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont know about mobile gaming, maybe a quick match while i"m on the subway...
but the experience is just different, from what you're going to get on the real MapleStory .
The thing is devs want to reach out to as much people as they can to make freemium concept get going(unlike paid games where you are more or less always have a definite number of player always pouring in money). Thank fully android has made it possible. From where I am there is a whole new generation newbie players who play CoC . Same is not possible with maple. Freemium is only good as long you have a huge player base which I am pretty sure nexon is failing to attract.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
EMS & Vindictus will merge with GMS & NxA's Vindictus respectively later this year in a later step of this migration process.

Dear MapleStory players,

On June 8, preparations will begin to migrate the Nexon Europe MapleStory service to the
same Nexon Global platform launcher currently used by Nexon America. This migration is
part of our ongoing commitment to better position the company for growth across the
Western market. In addition to bringing all Nexon Europe and Nexon America MapleStory
players onto the same service, this migration will combine billing, customer support and
other player-focused services. When the migration of the Nexon Europe MapleStory
service is completed later this year, European MapleStory players will be getting all
the latest content updates even faster than before.

What does this mean for you?

If you are a Nexon America player, there is no real impact to your service. Once the game
migration phase is completed later this year, the existing Europe MapleStory servers will be
available to you when you log into the game. This will allow you to create characters to play
with your European friends if you wish to do so.

As a Nexon Europe player, there will be some behind-the-scenes actions to migrate your
account to the new service and allow you to play on the new combined Global MapleStory
(GMS) service. First, you will need to opt into the new Terms & Conditions and Privacy
Policy, and then we will be able to migrate your Nexon account, NX balance, and character
data to the new service. The exact migration of these elements will happen in phases,
with the initial account migration phase beginning tomorrow, June 8.

Once the game migration phase is complete later this year, all Nexon Europe MapleStory
players will be able to access the new GMS service and you will be able to play on the
Europe servers with your existing characters and in-game content as well as creating new
characters on the North American servers if desired. No data will be lost between services
however, a few EU only system and items will be removed and compensation will be made
where necessary.

You will need the Nexon Global Platform launcher to play the game going forward. Please
keep in mind that current Europe MapleStory players will only be able to play on the new
GMS service if they opt-in to the new service and accept the new Terms & Conditions and
Privacy Policy. We can legally only allow access to players who opt into the new service,
so if you don’t opt in, you will not be able to play MapleStory once the transfer takes place,
until you accept the new terms. A full Q&A on the service migration and what it means for
you is available on the MapleStory forum here:

We hope that this move will allow us to better service the MapleStory community.

The MapleStory team.

Staff member
Reaction score
Very important part here

20. [MAPLESTORY ONLY] Will the European and North American regions culminate in having the same content?
Once the migration is completed, the Content and Events will be the same and further details on item differences are still being reviewed at this time.

So the content WILL be the same after all? I am confused now slightly. This will be pretty much the end of the little bit of EMS players that are left.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Very important part here

So the content WILL be the same after all? I am confused now slightly. This will be pretty much the end of the little bit of EMS players that are left.

Yay, major wipe to re-balance the new server. GMS + EMS.... GEMS sorts sounds the same, except includes now maybe 500 new players (EMS is like dead). Hopefully they don't add in all the duping methods that are so easy in EMS to do in GMS

~永遠の美~
Reaction score
Yay, major wipe to re-balance the new server. GMS + EMS.... GEMS sorts sounds the same, except includes now maybe 500 new players (EMS is like dead). Hopefully they don't add in all the duping methods that are so easy in EMS to do in GMS

EMS is pretty much dead and server separation doesn't really make sense though. I can see that EMS and MSEA should merge with GMS because well english community mostly. I do hope they don't screw up :)

P.S Sunnyboy i missed u :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Kind of hope this is good news since now with a bigger player pool, they can bring back some of the older games like kart rider and poptag which would be awesome. Miss playing those 2 games by nexon hopefully they add it back.

Reaction score
Kind of hope this is good news since now with a bigger player pool, they can bring back some of the older games like kart rider and poptag which would be awesome. Miss playing those 2 games by nexon hopefully they add it back.

hey... kartrider isn't gone, wink wink.

Kimberly - EMS and GMS are going merge - RaGEZONE Forums

Back