Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official [GMS] v168 - Reboot Update

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So Maplestory is about to release a new world "Reboot", are you going to play in this new world?
For me, I can't wait to play in this new world with trade restrictions and no more p2w

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
TBH, more hyped for the Battle Analysis System.... But if they don't duck up reboot it looks like it might have potential.. Obviously won't bring back the people who liked pre-bigbang.. But it might bring back some.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a pretty skewed outlook on this since I haven't played much maplestory past v117. I agree with sunnyboy that it seems like false advertising. That being said, I think that any game-play that is more challenging would bring back (some) players from yesteryear. My question is, will the skill balancing only be for the reboot world? If they deem it necessary for balanced game-play then would it not make sense to add that to all worlds? Eh.... I'm confused.

not a programmer
Reaction score

Many items have been removed from the Cash Shop and some items will instead be available for purchase with mesos. For example, Red Cube, Black Cube, Hyper Teleport Rock, Safety Charm, and much more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not necessarily going back to "pre-BB" roots like people think it meant, but definitely playing closer to a traditional RPG where only you are responsible for your advancement throughout the course of the game since no economy can exist. Will definitely be interesting to try it, but I'm not expecting too much in terms of it being strictly fair since this is NexonAM we're talking about.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sl6W9ZJ - [GMS] v168 - Reboot Update - RaGEZONE Forums

lol, what you doing in v168 little guy... are you lost?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't think reboot is open yet. Windia is also messed up.

For those who wonder about Kinesis, it comes out on 12/16/2015
It's out.. and lagging and crashing like hell from the amount of people playing it

Nexon probably degraded their servers.. and now all 20 channels are maxed out.. rip

not a programmer
Reaction score
map.wz and mob.wz got too big so they need to use 2 now or mob2 are event mobs only considering they have node changebleMob with changebleMob_Type foodfightmob

Last edited:
not a programmer
Reaction score
no more pay2win

Over the past day, we have listened to your feedback regarding the implementation of Meso Sacks in the Reboot world Cash Shop. We have decided to remove Meso Sacks from the Reboot World Cash Shop at this time, and these items will not be in the shop when the servers go live later today.
We’ve decided to remove these items while we further review community feedback and monitor meso activity in Reboot World. This will give us more insight as to whether or not we need to provide any additional ways to obtain meso in the future.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
no more pay2win

"Meso Sacks Removed"

Introducing the new "Aid Pouch" - Helps you in your journey to level to the top alone!
Only 15,000 nx.

> does same stuff as meso sack

they only removed meso sacks to show that they "care" , but in reality it's all a plan to get users desperate for mesos and when they introduce it again or something else similar, a lot of ppl will be buying nx like hungry dogs

not a programmer
Reaction score
I should have known it would be nexon'd.. they also say it's open to re-introduction.
Do you have a link to read more?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Lol at this update. I don't like this "do it alone" focus. I also think people will really get tired of Reboot after a few months. They just released Kinesis, and that's another class on top of the huge amount they already had.

They still haven't tried to fix the issues with the Maple Economy in general. Way too many broken equips, and methods to upgrade them. They need to start removing features, and making the game a bit simpler(removing many of the cubes, bonus potential, nebulite, etc). Also, Profession is pretty stupid at the moment, and the whole system needs revamped. Lastly, they need to fix PQ's and quests in general to make them less noob friendly. They need to start making PQ's require some sort of skill at least, and also having multiple different classes. Each class has too many skills that are similar.

UNTIL THEN!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lol at this update. I don't like this "do it alone" focus. I also think people will really get tired of Reboot after a few months. They just released Kinesis, and that's another class on top of the huge amount they already had.

They still haven't tried to fix the issues with the Maple Economy in general. Way too many broken equips, and methods to upgrade them. They need to start removing features, and making the game a bit simpler(removing many of the cubes, bonus potential, nebulite, etc). Also, Profession is pretty stupid at the moment, and the whole system needs revamped. Lastly, they need to fix PQ's and quests in general to make them less noob friendly. They need to start making PQ's require some sort of skill at least, and also having multiple different classes. Each class has too many skills that are similar.

MapleStory requires no skill whatsoever. But, I agree with your other points.

Back