Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official [GMS]v174 Heroes of Maple: Reborn Update Preview

Reaction score
Source:

Takeoverkyle - [GMS]v174 Heroes of Maple: Reborn Update Preview - RaGEZONE Forums

Join the six heroes of the Maple World as they come together to fight off the Black Mage’s powerful commander, Damien. Check out Aran and Evan’s newest abilities as you explore the revamped Black Heaven and Monster Park, now more accessible and rewarding, with a few new goodies to discover! Collect monsters to add to your new Monster Collection, and see if you can survive Spiegelmann’s expedition to treacherous Slumbering Dragon Island. Then, test your control with a fun new challenge. Zero character creation will be available for a limited time, along with lots of other fun events in Heroes of Maple: Reborn, the first update of the summer!

HEROES OF MAPLE
Many centuries have passed, and the six heroes of the Maple World are being called on again. Damien, the Black Mage’s commander, has amassed an army of demons. Loose in Maple World, he seeks to destroy everything our brave heroes have fought for. Play as Mercedes, Aran, Phantom, Luminous, Evan or Shade in the first few Acts of this brand-new blockbuster story! Additional Acts will be released later this summer.

Takeoverkyle - [GMS]v174 Heroes of Maple: Reborn Update Preview - RaGEZONE Forums

HERO JOB REVAMP
To celebrate their new story, the Hero jobs are getting some skill revamps and all-new illustrations. Aran and Evan will receive the biggest changes, making these two jobs more powerful than ever before. Aran’s attacks boost her Combo Count, giving her an Adrenaline Boost once it hits 1,000 combos. With this boost, her skills grow stronger and special Boost End skills become available! Evan’s job advancements are being reduced from 10 to 4, and he and Mir each now have their own skills. By partnering together, they can combine their abilities to use new Fusion skills!

EVENTS FOR HEROES
What better way to celebrate the revamped Hero jobs than with events? Newly created Aran, Evan, Phantom, Mercedes, Shade, and Luminous characters will receive several items to help them get started, including a 7-day pet, restorative items, and more. Existing Aran, Evan, Phantom, Mercedes, Shade, and Luminous characters will also receive gifts! Level up and job advance new and existing characters to earn even more rewards such as 2x EXP coupons, a 7-day World Map Warp Drive, equipment boxes, Heroes Coins, Spell Traces, class-specific Hero Feather equipment, and many more.

BLACK HEAVEN AND MONSTER PARK—REBORN
Black Heaven and Monster Park are undergoing some changes to make them more accessible. The HP of Black Heaven monsters is being reduced, and fights such as the Air Battle and Story-Mode Lotus can be weakened after failing these fights once. If you can complete the fights without skipping or weakening them, you will earn new Black Heaven Medal of Honor items. Meanwhile, Spiegelmann’s Monster Park will now give a different reward each day. Defeat the monsters daily to receive rewards such as crafting materials, enhancement materials, mesos and more. You can also earn Monster Park Coins, new medals and badges, and tons of EXP. As part of this revamp, Monster Park Extreme will be temporarily closed.

MONSTER COLLECTION
Hunt monsters to add them to your collection: Monster Collection allows you to collect over 600 different monsters and store them in a world-wide system, which is shared across all of your characters in a single world. You can collect monsters by meeting certain conditions as you hunt, or by acquiring a Monsterbloom! As you collect monsters, you will complete various stages and earn rewards. Once a stage is completed, the monsters inside can be sent off on special expeditions. When they return, they will bring you even more rewards! One type of reward is the new Cube chair, which can be rearranged and combined in different ways.

SPIEGELMANN EXPRESS
Join Spiegelmann on an expedition to Slumbering Dragon Island, and see if you can survive in the harsh, unforgiving landscape. Keep an eye on your Survival Gauge Bar, which tracks your Temperature (It’s so cold!), Hydration (I’m so thirsty…), and Hunger (I’m starving!). Collect materials on the island to craft supplies to keep you alive. Make yourself a Fishing Chair and collect bait in order to catch fish on the island. Hunt around in snowdrifts (but look out for blizzards!) and you might find some useful items. Explore the island’s caves, mountains and ice walls to see how long you survive before you succumb to the elements or send an SOS to Spiegelmann. He’ll reward you for your struggles with EXP, mesos and Heroes Coins (more about them below).

MAPLE RUNNER
How much control do you have? Test your limits through 40 fun stages as you jump and dash around the maps. With high-speed dashes and extra-high jumps, you can go farther and faster than ever. See how quickly you can get to the portal at the end of the map to clear the stage! Depending on your abilities, you can earn new medals.

MORE EVENTS
Complete the first few Acts in Heroes of Maple to earn powerful Heroes rings. You can also collect Heroes Coins by hunting monsters within your level range and by participating in other events. Take your Heroes Coins to the Heroes Coin Shop to exchange them for new equips, scrolls, chairs, damage skins and more. Additionally, the Burning Project has returned, giving one of your characters under Lv. 150 an additional two levels for every one they gain when you level up. Zero has also returned, and will be available for character creation for a limited time!

Reaction score
It really doesn't. Just new events with skill changes and some content that doesn't look interesting. The game is just too easy now and not worth playing which I'm sure is why many people are playing low version/rate private servers. By low version, I mean under big bang.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It really doesn't. Just new events with skill changes and some content that doesn't look interesting. The game is just too easy now and not worth playing which I'm sure is why many people are playing low version/rate private servers. By low version, I mean under big bang.

This is actually one of the most hyped patches for a long time (to people that actually play, not people that just post about the game or log on once a month to see how bad it is). There's a lot of new higher level content including new areas, a new big boss, and other things like huge changes to aran and evan. I wouldn't say it's easy either... I am sure you don't even have even 1m range or over level 220. People that actually are active players work hard in the game to reach a decent point. The actual game really has many flaws, but no one on ragezone ever seems informed enough to know what to criticize.

Reaction score
This is actually one of the most hyped patches for a long time (to people that actually play, not people that just post about the game or log on once a month to see how bad it is). There's a lot of new higher level content including new areas, a new big boss, and other things like huge changes to aran and evan. I wouldn't say it's easy either... I am sure you don't even have even 1m range or over level 220. People that actually are active players work hard in the game to reach a decent point. The actual game really has many flaws, but no one on ragezone ever seems informed enough to know what to criticize.

I fairly rarely play a character past about level 120/140 now-a-days unless I really enjoy the mechanics they have, so I wouldn't really know about end-game that much. I can only guess that the content scales fairly rapidly and that some of the mechanics are just insane. The new boss coming has a lot of mechanics, but the one where you have to type in a giant sequence of your directional keys has got to take the cake for me. I have trouble enough sometimes just doing the runes I find on normal monster maps since they're pretty unresponsive for me a lot. I don't think people are able to consistently beat Lotus in GMS either, so it seems kind of strange to add another step of difficulty.

My biggest criticism of endgame content was that they pretty much cycled the same lame mechanics of damage reflect/constant spam damage cancel/status effect spam (not as problematic if you have a constant supply of all-cures, but pot limitations can duck you up here). The newer bosses aren't as bad since they have a lot more interaction on a whole compared to endgame bosses prior to them. Lotus was super hard even doing it in the much easier form (the one you have to beat to actually run the regular one) - now it could just have been that Paladins don't do much the way of DPS, but still pretty difficult to solo.

Not necessarily related to this patch, but the new Zakum kind of blows in my opinion. His hit boxes on his arm attacks seems completely random and not synced at all to his animations - so much so that you have to move out of the way something like 3-5 seconds prior to him actually slamming to avoid the attack (which can be a pretty hard thing to do with classes that aren't insanely mobile or have very long skill animations for their primary DPS skills).

All in all, I'm actually really excited for the skill kit reworks primarily because Aran/Evan core mechanics have been pretty much untouched since their release. Evan, more than Aran, will probably be more enjoyable for me to play after this update as well. Maybe Blaster will be fun too...

Not actually sure what I'm going to do for training w/o MPE though - which is probably my biggest complaint with this patch.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I fairly rarely play a character past about level 120/140 now-a-days unless I really enjoy the mechanics they have, so I wouldn't really know about end-game that much. I can only guess that the content scales fairly rapidly and that some of the mechanics are just insane. The new boss coming has a lot of mechanics, but the one where you have to type in a giant sequence of your directional keys has got to take the cake for me. I have trouble enough sometimes just doing the runes I find on normal monster maps since they're pretty unresponsive for me a lot. I don't think people are able to consistently beat Lotus in GMS either, so it seems kind of strange to add another step of difficulty.

My biggest criticism of endgame content was that they pretty much cycled the same lame mechanics of damage reflect/constant spam damage cancel/status effect spam (not as problematic if you have a constant supply of all-cures, but pot limitations can duck you up here). The newer bosses aren't as bad since they have a lot more interaction on a whole compared to endgame bosses prior to them. Lotus was super hard even doing it in the much easier form (the one you have to beat to actually run the regular one) - now it could just have been that Paladins don't do much the way of DPS, but still pretty difficult to solo.

Not necessarily related to this patch, but the new Zakum kind of blows in my opinion. His hit boxes on his arm attacks seems completely random and not synced at all to his animations - so much so that you have to move out of the way something like 3-5 seconds prior to him actually slamming to avoid the attack (which can be a pretty hard thing to do with classes that aren't insanely mobile or have very long skill animations for their primary DPS skills).

All in all, I'm actually really excited for the skill kit reworks primarily because Aran/Evan core mechanics have been pretty much untouched since their release. Evan, more than Aran, will probably be more enjoyable for me to play after this update as well. Maybe Blaster will be fun too...

Not actually sure what I'm going to do for training w/o MPE though - which is probably my biggest complaint with this patch.

Nothing wrong with training to 120-140, that's how far I train most of my link skills anyway. In terms of bossing, knowing animations of every move is definitely needed in harder bosses so it's not mindless bossing as before, but you're not missing much. It's all something that when you kill the boss 2-5 times it gets old.

However the game can't be considered easy if you haven't achieved endgame in any metric whether be game completion with questing and collecting, or levels, or damage. Most people nowadays play the game, get to level 160, and then claim the game is easy because of how hard it was in the past to get to these levels. The reality is that the game doesn't seriously open up until level 210. For damage, even at 1m range you won't be able to do many of the interesting bosses easily as well without significant practice in killing it (which happens by killing it with higher range).

Also normal lotus is "soloable" with kaiser and door mule and has been done with a party in reboot. Hard lotus is technically doable too, but stage 1 is really tough and so no one has done it yet.

Personally, I wouldn't say this patch is amazing, but it actually is very good, even for recent standards. It covers many aspects of the game including new areas, new classes, new bosses, job changes, skill changes, new major questlines, something comparable to chaos patch in the past. I'll probably just go around and try out the new stuff, and then going back to my daily guild contribution afk routine sadly...

Reaction score
New patch is 1GB according to SouthPerry and the file. I'll try my best to upload it to mega.

Edit: Here's the

Last edited:
Back