Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official Was there ever an official soundtrack released?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MapleStory has always been near and dear to me in terms of gaming experiences that I will long remember. The music is something worth remembering and its so great to me I went to search for the OST and what I found to be interesting is there is many sources that claim to have Disc rips (Disc 1 Memories of Victoria, Disc 2 Memories of Ossyria) and I'm wondering if there was truly a CD for this game ever released or this was all put together by fans. After listening to both discs I noticed it doesnt include everything that modern MapleStory has so I used this extractor here and got everything else from the game.

I dont have any issues obtaining the music since I used that tool but I'm curious about that Disc 1 and Disc 2, was that a real thing or fan made?

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't think so, but the original composer has a lot of songs (some beta songs, some songs that are slightly different) on his Soundcloud! Check it out here:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did some asking around from both fans and people that still played the game and no one has ever heard of a soundtrack ever being released. I did some more searching on my own and the “soundtrack” was all put together by Jason Rappaport. I tried messaging him about continuing the soundtrack to make it more current but judging from what he wrote on his site it doesn’t sound like he will go through with it, I wouldn’t blame him if he isn’t actively playing the game and thus wouldn’t have any attachment to putting the soundtrack together. I just really admired the way he did it, when I downloaded the music from his site (which was thejasoneffect.net at the time) it looked like it was all ripped from a CD and every track had an album cover, artist, etc.

If he won’t continue it I would like to give it a shot myself and have the soundtrack as current as possible. I don’t say complete simply because the game is still ongoing and I assume will continue to have more areas included as well as music, I can’t predict the future and how busy I will be with my life in the unforeseen future but I’ll do my best to continue trying to include tracks and have it in a “soundtrack” compilation the same way Jason did.

What would really help me out is if you guys can provide to me the locations of every area in the game. Strategywiki.org is nice but they neglect areas that have been discontinued such as Mushroom Training Camp as well as the areas that connected with Sleepywood. Even though those places seem very minute I want this soundtrack to be as accurate in detail as Jason set it up to be.

I noticed there are currently places in the game that use the same music tracks from previous areas so should they be named by the area that had it first? I’m going to get started on this and see how far I can get, if anyone can provide to me a complete list of locations it would really be a huge help to me. It would mean more to me if Jason himself contacted me but emailing is as far as I can go and he doesn’t seem to respond anymore.

(used to be known as thejasoneffect.net)

None of these include all the areas from the older versions for some reason

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You could ask the Nexon Korea soundtrack label, NECORD, to compile an official soundtrack together for MapleStory.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could ask the Nexon Korea soundtrack label, NECORD, to compile an official soundtrack together for MapleStory.

I came across that group while serching for more maplestory locations and possible soundtracks. From what I say they just started putting up music from the game last year but its not even from past MapleStory. Its more aimed to current stuff.

Anyways I got in touch with Jason and got his blessing to continue his soundtrack to make it more current. The most important step I took first was to get every location in the game, a combination of strategywiki and MapleStory wikia is really helping me get every place and sort them out to continents which I then now sort into discs.

Heres how I will be sorting out the whole soundtrack

Disc 1 Story Beginnings

Disc 2 Memories of Victoria

Disc 3 Memories of Ossyria

Disc 4 Memories of Masteria

Disc 5 Memories of World Tour

Disc 6 Memories of Events

I'll be continuing identifying the extracted music and sorting them accordingly to these discs. Once I do that I'll dress them up with ID3 tags then get Jason's approval before posting them. If anyone has any advice or input on this let me know.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I came across that group while serching for more maplestory locations and possible soundtracks. From what I say they just started putting up music from the game last year but its not even from past MapleStory. Its more aimed to current stuff.

I'm aware of that, and that's the why I suggested for you to ask them directly (via Facebook Messenger) to compile an official soundtrack together. NECORD/Nexon Korea owns the publishing rights for all MapleStory BGMs, and they've begun taking down pirated links of MapleStory BGMs (which is what this soundtrack would be doing if you were to package it and release it for download) since NECORD's inception last year.

You could compile YouTube playlists to act as your disks using the MapleStory music already available on 's channel. They began taking down his videos late last year but they've come to an agreement to where he would be able to continue posting BGMs as long as it's uploaded after NECORD begins selling the album, all direct download links are removed, and the bit rate stays below 128kbps.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm aware of that, and that's the why I suggested for you to ask them directly (via Facebook Messenger) to compile an official soundtrack together. NECORD/Nexon Korea owns the publishing rights for all MapleStory BGMs, and they've begun taking down pirated links of MapleStory BGMs (which is what this soundtrack would be doing if you were to package it and release it for download) since NECORD's inception last year.

You could compile YouTube playlists to act as your disks using the MapleStory music already available on 's channel. They began taking down his videos late last year but they've come to an agreement to where he would be able to continue posting BGMs as long as it's uploaded after NECORD begins selling the album, all direct download links are removed, and the bit rate stays below 128kbps.

With all due respect I'm continuing this work with or without them. My goal is more of a preservation type of work rather than driven by monetization, I'm compiling this work and letting Jason handle the rest and seeing how he has had his music available for over a decade I'm not really sweating on him getting taken down anytime soon. Plus he doesn't place ads or really expose himself in any significant way to give reason on being taken down.

Thank you very much for showing me that channel. This should really speed up this process much faster than I anticipated. I'll have something put together before the end of the week and ask you all about the placement of the tracks.

Reaction score

man, maplefreak, you sure are a valuable asset to the maplestory community . u know way too much lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I finished what I set out to do and put together a complete and organized soundtrack.

Happy Anniversary everyone.

Back