Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official Has the system requirements for MapleStory been increased recently?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I had played this game (JMS) with no problems on 1st gen i7 PC for many years until the previous patch, however, I have come to experience frame rate drop at hunting since the latest patch.
MgBqN0k - Has the system requirements for MapleStory been increased recently? - RaGEZONE Forums

I believe it's a bug because the issue (severe FPS drop) occurs only on "auto-aggro" monsters and it fades away if the player is not the "controller" (another player on the map takes over the "control"). [STRIKE]though it's still a bit heavy compared to before.[/STRIKE]

[v365 0:00-1:54, v366 1:55-]
*please watch the video at x2+ speed

Having said that, some say that they have never experienced the issue, so I guess it's just that the system requirements for the game has increased... or something.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Prob another dev team of nexons being trash

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
LOL

Seems GMS got the same issue in the latest patch (ver.193).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
lately, they've been really bad at tying up their loose ends. it's fairly noticeable. even looting large amounts at a time is getting worse.

Staff member
Reaction score
JMS/GMS both have solved this issue in the latest patch. So it was just a bug.

From what I heard while lurking on reddit is they also removed the 'loot lag' aka applied Tubi officially? I don't play GMS anymore but I am surprised it took them this long to do something many Private Servers do for very long time if its true.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
From what I heard while lurking on reddit is they also removed the 'loot lag' aka applied Tubi officially? I don't play GMS anymore but I am surprised it took them this long to do something many Private Servers do for very long time if its true.
They looped every quest in the game each time you looted which caused massive lag over the years of adding quests(Since I doubt the code for this has changed since.. ever)
Assuming they actually looked at the pseudocode someone sent them to fix this, they likely only loop active quests now.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
They looped every quest in the game each time you looted which caused massive lag over the years of adding quests(Since I doubt the code for this has changed since.. ever)
Assuming they actually looked at the pseudocode someone sent them to fix this, they likely only loop active quests now.
I didn't know that... since there has never been the "(pet) loot lag" problem in JMS... probably.

Hmm... I guess this "FPS drop" bug was brought to GMS by JMS. (since it contained "EVA" event)
JMS administrators have left the bug as it was until the next major update. (1/24-3/7)
GMS administrators fixed the bug in the minor patch right after they found that JMS had also had/fixed this issue.(2/28-3/9)
Meanwhile, they also fixed the "loot lag"... I think I got it.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The bug seemed to be reproduced in the latest update of JMS... they might be trying to make us buy a new PC.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still the same game. Chances are that they VM-ed some functions related to mob aggro.

The recent patch that fixed pet loot lag wasnt really a fix, they just removed the vm related to that.
No. Looping through all active quests doesnt take much computing power at all.

It probably slipped by during their SQA testing since themida & VM is only applied to final release of the executable.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Still the same game. Chances are that they VM-ed some functions related to mob aggro.

The recent patch that fixed pet loot lag wasnt really a fix, they just removed the vm related to that.
No. Looping through all active quests doesnt take much computing power at all.

It probably slipped by during their SQA testing since themida & VM is only applied to final release of the executable.
I'm not sure but I think the loot/killcount lag was fixed by delaying "quest update" timing.

Oh, that explains why they reproduced the mob lag issue by a minor patch.
Code:
JMS
1/24 v3.66 x Evangelion
3/07 v3.67 o
4/18 v3.68 x *better than v3.66 but still laggy
5/30 v3.69 o
7/11 v3.70 o
7/26 [B]v3.70.2 x[/B]
9/27 v3.72 o
11/07 v3.73 x
~~

GMS
2/27 v1.93 x Evangelion
3/08 v1.93.3 o
5/08 v1.95 x Lifestyle of the Pink and Beany
~~has been fixed?
or they intended it.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

v370.1
0:00~ enter the map (around 60fps)
v370.2
0:06~ enter the map (around 30fps)
0:13~ when someone enter the map (around 60fps)
0:25~ when the same person leave the map (around 30fps)

and when the client has this issue, crowded places are also laggy.

0:00~ v370.1
0:25~ v370.2

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
So, I've just compared 37 executable files (v354-v378) using Exeinfo PE and found that there's a common point between ones which were considered to had this issue and the others weren't.
ucy6X - Has the system requirements for MapleStory been increased recently? - RaGEZONE Forums

*v370.1=fine, v370.2=10-30% fps drops compared to normal one in some situations
Could someone please explain to me what does the difference imply? or is it just a coincidence?

[STRIKE]oh no it seems to be irrelevant. the same issue has already been reported in GMS v186.3( ) and the dll did not found in it.[/STRIKE]

Uh it seems to be relevant in the case of JMS.
v377.1 had no comctl32.dll in 'Imports' and had no issue but v378.1 have it (again) and have this issue.

probably it's because of themida (or something related to build a PE, in any case) as LastBattle already mentioned.

-edit-
added another video

0:00~ v370.1
0:13~ v370.2

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have gms 194.1 if you really need it. Say what files and what site you prefer for me to upload it on.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I have gms 194.1 if you really need it. Say what files and what site you prefer for me to upload it on.
I really appreciate your reply, but I'm sorry to say I wanted v193.1 or v193.2 (or v193.3) or v195.1 to be exact, so...
Thank you anyway.

Thanks to ahnlab; I could check v193.2, v193.3, v195.1 and confirmed the dll was not listed.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, some requirements have been increased, unfortunately, but on your processor it should work without any problems and maybe a patch broke a bit, but I think that in the next update they will fix it for sure if it is through a patch

Back