Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private [Discussion] MapleStory Emulators

Reaction score
It's been a while that I would like to discuss this. If OdinMS had not released its source public a few years ago maybe our current community sometimes program could be based on sources such as Titan and other c ++ ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think it goes without saying that sources would be more heavily based on what code is publicly available. There are not very many individuals or teams here that could code a source from scratch. So if Odin was never released c++ could very well be the primary language for maple development.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
imo Odin was more popular because it was Java and likely easier, and it was more complete and finished at the time of 2007/2008. But yes, developers would've just continued really any source that was released. Since Odin was primary, I guess people just went with it. If you look back on RZ though, people were continuing both emulators, but then Titan slowed down and eventually vanished.

However, after so many leaks of Nexon's binaries, it is a cakewalk to write a source from scratch if you know what you're doing. Referencing BMS leak, v95 PDB, your version's client IDB, and Odin all combined, you can for sure manage. Besides, you'll learn a lot from it. :)

Burgundy Really? I didn't know it was so few of people that could, but I guess the community is of more people who aren't too knowledgeable around that area I guess.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Eric alright, perhaps I should refrain from generalizing the whole community with that statement. Having both the skills and the time to complete a project such as this is more along the lines of what I meant. My bad. Haha

I nominate ponylang for next maple development language!

BloopBloop
Reaction score
There are already sources in C#, Vb,C++,Delphi,Rust,Python,Go, Node.Js /JavaScript, Java, without odinMS this was probably not the case. (Although at some other forum from 2007 i came a across a picture of Kiki with his own private server, what was probably made before odinms and that could also has been released if odinMs didn't release their source) Now you can just choice the language you want, take the available information and simply write a source from scratch. All in all it could have been possible that the base could not be odinMs if they didn't release it, but who cares those days if you can write it in any language you want.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Eric alright, perhaps I should refrain from generalizing the whole community with that statement. Having both the skills and the time to complete a project such as this is more along the lines of what I meant. My bad. Haha

I nominate ponylang for next maple development language!

disgusting

Back