Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Ellinia Shutdown?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What do you think?

5b423dc6a1a8a9bb60bb5a15239d7e22 - Ellinia Shutdown? - RaGEZONE Forums

Too early to tell, or is that the end for Ellinia?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
HydroBenz just forgot to renew. He's really bad at things like that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HydroBenz just forgot to renew. He's really bad at things like that.

How do you forget to renew a site with so many active users 0_o

Well, thanks for the info.

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: (Ignore) Ellinia Shutdown?

The owner is barely active in Ellinia and never was, the only reason they re-opened is because Extalia died. Prior to Extalia dying they closed without notice for 3 weeks because they were reaching 'only' 250 online.

BloopBloop
Reaction score

I think the shutdown is confirmed, reason: I spoke some ppl who donated and they told me that the paypal account of ellinia is closed GG

Staff member
Reaction score

Funny how it happens exactly when that other server planned a 2x exp event, which they never did before. I still find the whole BB scene very suspicious lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Funny how it happens exactly when that other server planned a 2x exp event, which they never did before. I still find the whole BB scene very suspicious lol.

It was only a matter of time till they overtook Ellinia to be honest. But yes, I agree, it is very odd.

There's a lot of sharks and ploys out here.

I have seen a large increase in users though after this, which is nice.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Their domain was re registered like 12 hours after it expired, don't know what that means though.

Rmz servers have been pretty isolated from any inter server drama so I doubt the other server's event had anything to do with it

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Rinse and repeat.
RMZero213's server cycle: Hype -> Online -> Nexon shutdown -> repeat

People are still playing one hosted by RMZero seriously after more than a dozens of these cycle?

Staff member
Reaction score
Rinse and repeat.

People are still playing one hosted by RMZero seriously after more than a dozens of these cycle?

The only reason why people would still play those is because it has something other servers don't have I guess. A good pre big bang server I can think of that was similar about ~2 years ago was OriginMS - it got wiped about 6 times in 1 year and people kept want to play it, they didn't care.

Its true in one way. Some play MapleStory just for the community and friends they meet, while they don't care if their progress can be lose any second.

Spending money on it the other side however is a total waste, if you have that mindset. But I guess same apply for those - if they enjoy the game, even if it can shut down any second, they would still donate to it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just find this as a part of my nonuple-monthly drama article I can read when people post about these kind of servers "closing". It's highly enjoyable.

Glad you're able to enjoy it man! :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Rinse and repeat.

People still play because he's been the only dev to actually have proper progression in his servers, they're very fun to play+stable (albeit completely broken at times balance-wise), and racing to the top while voice chatting with friends is a blast. Most players only play for like 3 months max and then take a break. So him closing/re-opening doesn't even affect some players.

Going back to progression - Extalia was all about Monster Park, that literally doesn't give you any satisfaction in improving your range. Aries has the same issue you stay at buffed/unbuffed GS2, Aliens, Monster Park, or Skyline regardless of your range, that's just Ducking boring. RMZ servers have always given you the satisfaction of every time you get stronger you move to a different harder map.

A good pre big bang server I can think of that was similar about ~2 years ago was OriginMS - it got wiped about 6 times in 1 year and people kept want to play it, they didn't care.
I don't think that server ever lasted a year, the only time it had a decent player-base was back in jan 2015 when they wiped, then the next day they wiped yet again and finally closed it. Before that the max amount of players they had online was like 50 vs the 130-150ish online when they wiped in jan 2015. Cant really compare RMZ's player-base with Origins.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm kind of curious, why does Ellinia stay at v162 & not update to the latest version? (I don't play Ellinia so I don't read their Forums)

Will it stop Nexon from hitting them or is the owner just done with the server & just letting it rot while cash rolls in?

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm kind of curious, why does Ellinia stay at v162 & not update to the latest version? (I don't play Ellinia so I don't read their Forums)

They pretty much have nobody to really update it anymore.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks fine to me no idea what you guys are on about they've had up and downs for a while now.

Reaction score

Will it stop Nexon from hitting them or is the owner just done with the server & just letting it rot while cash rolls in?

Honestly if they keep upgrading each time a newer version comes out it's not that hard, but as far as I know their rational behind this decision is to slowly update only when "big" updates hit GMS.

Staff member
Reaction score
Down for 2 weeks now and no longer on GTOP100 due to reset this month. Rip now for real? Again without notice as well.

Back