Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Greetings; Consideration on MapleServer Idea

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Greets and salutations ragezone,

About a year ago, I began college as a computer science major; since, I have learned the basics of java and c# to a certain extent. I wanted to test my new found knowledge by opening a server with Zydee and I wanted some thoughts first before we commit. Our goal: to create a version eighty-three server that is both new and unique. The idea comes from Zydee who previously tackled this idea single handily but ended up failing due to the over whelming amount of demands from the players and server. I have seen the young man work and he is a hard worker, but even he admits his knowledge of coding doesn't expand to as far as he wishes; so I must do the same - yes, I have a background in coding, but my background in the structure of how maplestory is coded has puzzled myriads of times. I plan on helping him learn coding the proper way while he is going to show me around maple and do the wz editing; can you guys tell us what we should/could do or what to expect?

• mid rate rebirth (sell ap for items)
  • fully custom server (we can start from where zydee left off prior to quitting) : brand new classes based on anime, bosses, maps, events and styles. (he has a tablet he draws custom items from - boy is a gifted artist to say the least)
  • story line
  • meso currency
  • automated events and other stuff

Our features are not spectacular, but we wanted to highlight the server's stability and efficiency in staying clean and balanced. We understand v83 isnt the best as its over used, but I believe the main reason people don't like v83 is due to the lack of diversity and features (stability, content, etc) within each server; that they're all just broken mirrors on one another.

I understand Eric and sunnyboy are friends with zydee, care to drop some information? We would greatly appreciate the professional advice.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
It seems you are very focused on the custom content, but I'm wondering about the original v83 content. Ideally, you'd want to attract both players who are looking for custom content and ones who want the original gameplay. To me for example from a player's perspective it would be important that your custom classes, bosses and items don't make the original content obsolete.

Staff member
Reaction score
Too custom seems so far to always have flopped (See FutureLegends that has closed down due to inactivity with 3 wipes prior to it), so if you want custom I recommend to keep the core gameplay the same.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Our plan was to change mainly the jobs into custom jobs based on anime and keep the normal functions of the server the same; but, with some custom quest/bosses and items and a on-the-side story line thing. The old maplestory content will remain intact, but just with the new stuff as well. Their will be custom training maps based on jobs for people to still grind but it will free up those old maps that are always crowded; because as most of us know, lower version's didnt have a variety of training maps.

TL;DR: Keeping old, adding new ideas on top of the main core (old maplestory gms like)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if i can't play as kirito you might as well kill yourself

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
if i can't play as kirito you might as well kill yourself

That actually is a job Zydee is currently developing! It's actually pretty neat; he found some new action types and he made new skills. (We will be masking only one job per anime character, not multiple skills over multiple classes) The job chosen for this was shadower as zydee was able to wz edit in the two swords used (one being the dagger- other being the shield) and it actually looks like a dual wielder. He even imported the clothes from a higher version and is in the process of updating skills to look like it does in SAO.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That actually is a job Zydee is currently developing! It's actually pretty neat; he found some new action types and he made new skills. (We will be masking only one job per anime character, not multiple skills over multiple classes) The job chosen for this was shadower as zydee was able to wz edit in the two swords used (one being the dagger- other being the shield) and it actually looks like a dual wielder. He even imported the clothes from a higher version and is in the process of updating skills to look like it does in SAO.

i was joking you Ducking doofus, why would I want to play as a character from an anime that is objectively one of the worst animated japanese cartoon of its genre. if I see a maplestory private server with SAO content you can be sure i'll forward it over to felix and he'll hit it heavy with his servers 24/7. on the other hand, I'll support you wholeheartedly if I can play (and gamble) as kaiji

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i was joking you Ducking doofus, why would I want to play as a character from an anime that is objectively one of the worst animated japanese cartoon of its genre. if I see a maplestory private server with SAO content you can be sure i'll forward it over to felix and he'll hit it heavy with his servers 24/7. on the other hand, I'll support you wholeheartedly if I can play (and gamble) as kaiji
kek (OK Hand SIgn) (Hundred Points Symbol)

Mythic Archon
Reaction score

I'm fairly sure that's unnecessary and a waste of time for your friends. Regardless, hitting his server means hitting americas number one public university's main server that it's hosted on. I'm fairly sure that that's a federal matter (it's nice being a computer science major at a university that has a professed who granted access for a project) :( darn #Oxysoft soft back at it again with the pointless swearing.

Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hitting americas number one public university's main server that it's hosted on

I wonder what Nexon has to say about that when they hear that; you are still using their copyrighted content. (note: too lazy to read this thread, so pardon me if this has been said already)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure that's unnecessary and a waste of time for your friends. Regardless, hitting his server means hitting americas number one public university's main server that it's hosted on. I'm fairly sure that that's a federal matter (it's nice being a computer science major at a university that has a professed who granted access for a project) :( darn #Oxysoft soft back at it again with the pointless swearing.

and is your university aware that you are hosting illegal content on their end?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
on the other hand, I'll support you wholeheartedly if I can play (and gamble) as kaiji

I never really respected you very much, but you just gave me a boner.

Will you straight up cry if your dark scroll destroys an item?
Will your MapleStory character have a long pointed nose?
What kind of attacks does Kaiji have? ZAWA?

On topic: How the hell did you convince your prof?
"Hey, we will get two cease and desist letters first before they take any action.. s-so it wont matter. Pleaseeeee?... ill do anythingg."

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
americas number one public university's main server

I know a couple of people within the UC system, and UC Berkeley (if that's what you're talking about--since they are the #1 public university). And I know for a fact that you can't host something like a private server on their computers or network. A quick report here: and all will be bad.

EDIT: I just spoke with a contact of mine that has connections to Berkeley and they said that if someone were to DDoS their network (and even though their network can probably handle it), the school would probably take action against the student that was involved (up to and including suspension/expulsion (because they'll find out you're infringing on Nexon's copyright, too)), rather than trying to find the attacker.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Regardless, hitting his server means hitting americas number one public university's main server that it's hosted on. I'm fairly sure that that's a federal matter (it's nice being a computer science major at a university that has a professed who granted access for a project)

Why..why would you do this. If you're at a top university (or even a slightly competent person), you should certainly know better than to do something this dumb. Do yourself a favor, rent a $5/mo Linux server and keep yourself safe from getting rekt by your university IT.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes, I am a student who attends berkeley. Right now all we have hosted is a client we made in class that is used to connect to a Web based applications and I was going to convert this into a client for maple. I'm sure zydee meant no harm, nor do i, let's just move past this. I apologize on both of our behalfs.

I had totally forgotten maples tory ps were illegal to a degree and it would be smart not to host it on my user hosting at berkeley. I'll look into a private hosting. Again, we mean no harm.
maplefreak26 : though you are right about the IT looking into the person who was being targeted, the one to usually take the blame, assuming the actually student did nothing wrong, would generally be the one who attacked. If I randomly attacked another student for no reason, it wouldn't make sense to punish that person right? Or, if a student hosted a project (aside from maple) for class purposes, and they were attacked, then the one at fault would still be the one who was attacked - no matter the motive; if there was no genuinely good motive, such as attacking because you don't like a students project, then the attacker would be charged or filed against under the courts jurisdiction.

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
maplefreak26 : though you are right about the IT looking into the person who was being targeted, the one to usually take the blame, assuming the actually student did nothing wrong, would generally be the one who attacked. If I randomly attacked another student for no reason, it wouldn't make sense to punish that person right? Or, if a student hosted a project (aside from maple) for class purposes, and they were attacked, then the one at fault would still be the one who was attacked - no matter the motive; if there was no genuinely good motive, such as attacking because you don't like a students project, then the attacker would be charged or filed against under the courts jurisdiction.

They would be taking action against you for infringing on copyright, not because of the DDoS attack. The DDoS attack would raise alarm at whoever runs IT and investigate further.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
They would be taking action against you for infringing on copyright, not because of the DDoS attack. The DDoS attack would raise alarm at whoever runs IT and investigate further.

"i shot the guy who was sleeping to alert the cops he was a criminal."

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
People should just stop posting in this thread. Zydee has proven over and over he is a Ducking idiot and his partner is just as dumb for hosting a server at a university.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
"i shot the guy who was sleeping to alert the cops he was a criminal."

Do you think you were clever in making that up? Funny, even? Why are you acting as if I worked at UC Berkeley? Do you think telling me that will make any difference to what will actually happen? (Surprise! It won't.)
You're being unnecessarily rude to someone who is simply relaying information from my contacts to you. Go ahead, shoot the messenger.

And whether you consider what IT/UC Admins would do to be fair or not fair is not the point. You guys can argue with them at the Appeals Board.

A server hosting provider would drop you if someone were to DDoS your servers constantly. Is that fair? No, because it's not your fault. But will that happen anyway? Probably, you damn right they will. See how it works here, too?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

jeez man why are you shitting on him so badly? let the guy do his thing (OK Hand SIgn) (Hundred Points Symbol)

Back