Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private What is the lowest version of open private server available, what about highest?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The lowest I've ever seen for anyone to play would be Old School Maple which is v0.05, but I am more interested in an open source that I can edit and setup for myself. What would the lowest version be? What about the highest?

Reaction score
Not so accurate.
Well, OSM isn't even close to being v0.05 LOL but yeah, as Arnah said - v62.
As far as MapleGlobal goes, first I went with a v0.40Beta client, afterwards I switched to a v0.08 client and only then did did we switch to a v0.12 client.

So, to answer your question - if you wish to go pre-official-release, your "go to" version would be v0.40 Beta since it predates the actual version count of the official release, however do know it contains many features that do not exist in the early versions of the official release.
On the other hand, if you truly wish to go with the lowest version of the official release count, then your best bet would be a v0.03 client since that's the lowest version available as far as I can remember.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm with Kimberly and Snopboy -- the lowest client version that's publicly available or existent is KMS Beta v1.23 (2001/2002). This client, unlike the rest, uses their Alpha UI. One of these days I'll release OrionAlpha, which is my (almost) 100% complete emulation of this version. I just keep forgetting about it.. Also, while you don't see any servers of this here on GTOP, they do exist in the Korean PS community. There was a server running KMS v1.23 for a while called OldMaple or something, forgot the name.

wEToWsX - What is the lowest version of open private server available, what about highest? - RaGEZONE Forums

EDIT: Although, as far as publicly open-sourced is concerned, v40 Beta Edition is still technically "lower" than v12.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm with Kimberly and Snopboy -- the lowest client version that's publicly available or existent is KMS Beta v1.23 (2001/2002). This client, unlike the rest, uses their Alpha UI. One of these days I'll release OrionAlpha, which is my (almost) 100% complete emulation of this version. I just keep forgetting about it.. Also, while you don't see any servers of this here on GTOP, they do exist in the Korean PS community. There was a server running KMS v1.23 for a while called OldMaple or something, forgot the name.

wEToWsX - What is the lowest version of open private server available, what about highest? - RaGEZONE Forums

EDIT: Although, as far as publicly open-sourced is concerned, v40 Beta Edition is still technically "lower" than v12.

You mean OldPlanet :)

And yes. The asian Private Server scene is smart enough to not use the worst mistake in our scene: GTOP100.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You mean OldPlanet :)

And yes. The asian Private Server scene is smart enough to not use the worst mistake in our scene: GTOP100.

Here comes the man xD

Yes, I've ran a private server with KMS v1.55 (2004/02) in 2014, but not with KMS v1.23 (2003/06). afaik 1.23 is the lowest client available that has been ever released / shared. I've once seen even lower clients in some Korean file-sharing community, but all of those got removed actually.. (or site goes ded)

Back