Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private MapleRoyals Public Article of Incorporation

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello all,

I want to preface this by saying, I don't believe this is doxxing. Anyone can search up the following information on Google, I'm just linking this information from a government website (.gov.uk).

MapleRoyals recently incorporated their company as MAPLEROYALS LTD, with a registered office in Wales, United Kingdom. You can view the overview of their company here on the government website: and most importantly, you can view their Certificate of Incorporation by visiting:

As you can see above, both links are in the public domain (on an official gov.uk website).

My question to the RageZone community is, what purpose does this incorporation serve? What benefits would Matt be seeking in doing this?

Thanks all,
Kerning

Staff member
Reaction score
The only guess I have why he made a company is so he could get more donations. AFAIK Paypal has a limit of gaining 2k a year for US and 10k a year for EU. Royals most likely get way more then that a year, so he made a 'company' so he can go over that limit.

He used to had 'MapleRoyals' on his linkedin and I guess he isn't afraid to show the world he owns Royals. Like when he opened the company he changed the site copyright from Copyright 2015 MapleRoyals to Copyright 2016 MapleRoyals LTD.

Is he smart doing this? Absolutely not. But if he had reasons why he made a company, its probably to get over the paypal limit in regards of donations.

P.S: I may be totally wrong on this.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only guess I have why he made a company is so he could get more donations. AFAIK Paypal has a limit of gaining 2k a year for US and 10k a year for EU. Royals most likely get way more then that a year, so he made a 'company' so he can go over that limit.

He used to had 'MapleRoyals' on his linkedin and I guess he isn't afraid to show the world he owns Royals. Like when he opened the company he changed the site copyright from Copyright 2015 MapleRoyals to Copyright 2016 MapleRoyals LTD.

Is he smart doing this? Absolutely not. But if he had reasons why he made a company, its probably to get over the paypal limit in regards of donations.

P.S: I may be totally wrong on this.

Right, it seems like all it takes would be an email to reply@nexon.com, law@nexon.co.kr or a call to their legal department for someone to issue a quick cease-and-desist to the public registered office and shut down MapleRoyals. There's no plausible deniability either - the company name is literally MapleRoyals... lmao

Of course, this assumes Nexon gives a poop, but Matt has made it so easy for Nexon as a result. MapleRoyals will probably shut down in 2017 sometime.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
To raise your PayPal limits you need to register as a company, and a limited company is the correct choice in this scenario. In fact we have been using registered companies for 3 years now. And although it doesn't really matter, the company address is not the home address of anyone at MapleRoyals.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
To raise your PayPal limits you need to register as a company, and a limited company is the correct choice in this scenario. In fact we have been using registered companies for 3 years now. And although it doesn't really matter, the company address is not the home address of anyone at MapleRoyals.
Of course it's not anyone's home address - that's not the point. You've tied your name, birthday and other personally identifiable information to MapleRoyals by incorporating and it's all out in the public domain. You've put your butt on a silver platter for Nexon, should they seek to pursue you. There can't be too many Matthew Francis Prince's in the United Kingdom.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Of course it's not anyone's home address - that's not the point. You've tied your name, birthday and other personally identifiable information to MapleRoyals by incorporating and it's all out in the public domain. You've put your butt on a silver platter for Nexon, should they seek to pursue you. There can't be too many Matthew Francis Prince's in the United Kingdom.

Well, I don't know what else there is to tell you. Obviously we were well aware that by incorporating MapleRoyals as a company would mean that we would need to provide some public records. I understand and appreciate your concern regarding the way we have decided to run the private server though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is some validity in PrinceReborn's choice to incorporate as an LLC (or otherwise limited company) as it does provide them with some protection against being liable if Nexon decides to take legal action.

Now it doesn't make too much of a difference, however if handled properly and any lawsuits are against the company itself and not Matt, then the company can just file for bankruptcy or dissolve and the damages resolve.

Reaction score
Yeah as an LLC you can protect yourself from financial damage. Problem is, they can go after you criminally now since they can argue your intent to form an LLC was to cover yourself from legal liability, so you can add a conspiracy charge on that.

Doubt Nexon really gives that much of a poop about a v62 server though, but then again, look at Nostalrius.

Back