Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private How do I make the latest MapleStory Private Server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well the thing is, since you can't see my body, I need to find some sort of way to display my feelings or emotions through comments, chats, etc. So with bold, italics, underlines, etc, I can show my feelings this way.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Another reason that deters people from releasing on here, is the way the community treats each other.

"Oh, you released a NPC I have no use for? Oh, how useless and retarded! I'm better than you, and I should explain why and how I'm better then you, and how much more of an idiot I am than you as well!"

or

"You can't code the latest version? What are you, gay? v83 is old and washed up and it's all about the latest version, baby, with the same features every Ducking time, with the same exact servers being released by the same 3 people every time. I am much better at stealing content from Nexon aka Coding better than you."

That's why people talk poop about this place. You don't get likes or thanks. You get poop talked about, you get egotistic fuckers bitching at others because they want to.

The worst of all of course is the fact that little kids comes on these forums, see it's an easy way to make money, code a little crappy server just to make money off of dumbasses. If someone were to release the latest version, poop would hit the fan because money would be stolen like daylight robbery.

tl;dr: People getting poop talked about, people being assholes, people jerking themselves off, and money being stolen from kids online. Also, making the latest version is indeed a witch, I never tried it, but looking at the latest version sources, it just looks like a nightmare.

stl;dr: You would have a better time coding your own game from scratch.

Pretty much this

it's also a good reason why you don't see many help threads anymore. I've been lucky recently, but you're just as likely to be insulted and ridiculed for not knowing the answer to the question you're asking as you are to actually get some help. So a lot of people are really reserved and hesitant to ask for it in the first place. You also get a lot of "Your release is awful because your code could have been shorter and more efficient even though it still operates as intended" Back when I registered, you could scroll through pages and pages of new stuff almost weekly. MapleStory was crazy popular and everyone had crazy ideas of how to do cool new things.

In defense of the remaining people in /f427 and related, there's been an ever increasing gap in understanding between the experts and the people asking for help, so much so that even though they gave you a solution, it's given to you in sometimes advanced terminology that someone less versed in Java doesn't understand, it then becomes increasingly more frustrating for the people helping to try and break it down for people (People like me for example!)

But with the way things are now, you kind of lose the middle ground, so what you're left with are people who are spectacular at what they do, but don't have the patience, experience and/or desire to effectively teach and people who have absolutely no idea what they're doing but are (in most cases) making an honest effort to try and learn. One thing I've learned: Java is hard. It's hard to break into.

Reaction score
One thing I've learned: Java is hard. It's hard to break into.

Haha no Java is easy to learn compared to many programming languages. Of course Java makes it difficult to actually write good code especially in a large project, but who really cares about that when messing with MS private servers?

Back