Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private [Working] MapleStory v117.2 - Windows 10

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone, a couple of days ago I set-up a server running version 117.2 and had some trouble running on one of my machines. It was NOT the server's configuration.
I even read around the forum that v117.2 is simply not supported on Windows 10 and some other versions but I doubt that's the case (entirely, I do agree there's many, if not most, that have issues with this version).

I could only run the client (using LEN) on one Windows 10 machine but not on the other two.
Right after making a post asking for help, my computers got updated to the 'Windows 10 Fall Creators Update' and I immediately tested the same client without doing anything else, and to my surprise, both computers now run MapleStory v117.2 every single time with no issues (so far or in-game).

I would like to know the information of some of you that have tried running it and see how many people are affected by this and what could be the difference in the versions of Windows 10.

Thanks guys
OS Build 16299.125

The game is working on my brother's computer running:
Edition Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Version 1709
OS Build 16299.125

The game is working on my tablet running:
Edition Windows 10 Home (32-bit)
Version 1709
OS Build 16299.125

Screenshots below.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Had an old laptop from a couple years back running on an old Windows 10 OS build that I remembered wasn't compatible with v117. Booted it up today and updated to the new Fall Creator's patch for the sake of this thread, actually smiled seeing the client work.

Such nostalgia Ducking around with my old source today haha

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Had an old laptop from a couple years back running on an old Windows 10 OS build that I remembered wasn't compatible with v117. Booted it up today and updated to the new Fall Creator's patch for the sake of this thread, actually smiled seeing the client work.

Such nostalgia Ducking around with my old source today haha

I'm really glad you could confirm this! As time goes on more and more Windows 10 updated computers will be able to play MS v117.2.

Cheers!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone, a couple of days ago I set-up a server running version 117.2 and had some trouble running on one of my machines. It was NOT the server's configuration.
I even read around the forum that v117.2 is simply not supported on Windows 10 and some other versions but I doubt that's the case (entirely, I do agree there's many, if not most, that have issues with this version).

I could only run the client (using LEN) on one Windows 10 machine but not on the other two.
Right after making a post asking for help, my computers got updated to the 'Windows 10 Fall Creators Update' and I immediately tested the same client without doing anything else, and to my surprise, both computers now run MapleStory v117.2 every single time with no issues (so far or in-game).

I would like to know the information of some of you that have tried running it and see how many people are affected by this and what could be the difference in the versions of Windows 10.

Thanks guys
OS Build 16299.125

The game is working on my brother's computer running:
Edition Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Version 1709
OS Build 16299.125

The game is working on my tablet running:
Edition Windows 10 Home (32-bit)
Version 1709
OS Build 16299.125

Screenshots below.

Sorry to burst your bubble But windows 10 always worked on 1709 is the only build capable of playing and finding people with 1709 is like trying to win the lotto,

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sorry for off-topic question but is there any fully packed V117.2 source ready to just download, setup and play?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think it only works on 1709 update. I have 1809 and it doesn't work.
TCj3pDe - [Working] MapleStory v117.2 - Windows 10 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's the public released LEN... however the OP was saying how it only ran on one update of Window's 10

Yeah there was a thread where a guy with Windows 10 had a 1709 update and V117.2 ended up working for him. Otherwise, I think it's not compatible for the majority of Windows 8 and Windows 10 users.

Back