Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private many people don't like GMS-LIKE V83?

Staff member
Reaction score
MapleRoyals will be a 'sort of' GMS-like 83 in future

I agree though, all 83 I see is reborn for whatever reason, while all 62 is super low rates to medium rate (below 10 but above 5)

I need your opinion about v83. how think about it?

There's things I hate in v83 and like, but what I like is not really related to 83 but related to when they changed the UI (v67) for improved BL, quest window, updated pirates, Monsterbooks, etc. v83 in itself doesn't really attract me besides the updates they did much earlier but after v62.

The client itself is wonky compared to 62. Worse compatibility with windows 8/10, client boots up slower, no mac support (though not valid argument, since the one for 62 is fan made).

Basically, a mixed bag.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm sure if there was a v83 GMS-Like server with everything pretty much working (PQs,jobs and stuff) people would've play it same same as MapleRoyals.
.-.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
People like v83 in the past but not anymore because there are lesser versions compared to now and first-timer play because of the Unlimited Flash Jump, Easy Leveling, Easy Meso, Free NX, etc.

Reaction score
People like v83 in the past but not anymore because there are lesser versions compared to now and first-timer play because of the Unlimited Flash Jump, Easy Leveling, Easy Meso, Free NX, etc.

You can do that with any version though. People like v83 because server developers just setup servers with available clients and sources they can find, rather than update and implement these features. Because of this, you see all v62 and v83 servers which is where everyone just goes to for the available features. It's been this way for quite a while now. If all of the servers were v100+ with the amount of things done for the public that v83 is capable of, I'm sure you'd see a lot more v111's and such. However, the recent "nostalgia" factor in PS's has came to be a thing, and now more people prefer to do v62 servers instead (as if they're truly "nostalgic" versions of MapleStory), but that's as far as they can go client-wise besides like v56.

Back