Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Do I need a server/supercomputer tower?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I just realized MapleStory is made up of a network of supercomputers designed to store player save data to specific servers (Bellocan, Renegades, Scania, Dementhos, Bera, Etc.). So when setting up a Private Server, do you really need a server tower or mini supercomputer to compile all the data off all the classes that are currently in the latest version of the game and your latest save spot/save data? If so, what do I need and where do I order it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, I recommend this supercomputer for your private server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm still new to supercomputers. Does this NZXT h700i come with some sort of cable that connects to my existing gaming/office computer tower? If not, then where do I order the cable?

And remember, I'm playing this Private Server alone, so I don't intend to share, advertise, or host it.

Last edited:
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
All those servers are hosted on external computers which are also known as dedicated servers. These are usually bought for an extremely high price at hosting companies. For example, you can find dedicated servers at Amazon for over $2,000 a month ( ). The specifcations of these dedicated servers are crazy.

I am not sure how Nexon saves all player data of MapleStory. I assume they have got one dedicated server for their database which is being used by all game servers (game servers as in Scania, Bora, Windia, etc.). The dedicated servers have a running connection between that server and the database.

So, to answer your question (if I understood it correctly), you need to be looking for a dedicated server/VPS to rent. Your database should also be running on that server. VPS is cheaper, but it's only suitable for servers with a low player base.

You can also run the game on your local machine since you're the only one who will play on it. You do not need high-end specs for that and usually your current machine will do fine (unless you're using a dual core CPU with 1GB DDR2/DDR1 running on a Qualcomm Adreno 405 graphics card)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can also run the game on your local machine since you're the only one who will play on it. You do not need high-end specs for that and usually your current machine will do fine (unless you're using a dual core CPU with 1GB DDR2/DDR1 running on a Qualcomm Adreno 405 graphics card)

That's correct. I'm playing on this server alone. I intend to use it for entertainment purposes only like BannedStory but with more variety (such as analyzing sprite and skill animations of all the current classes to see what role they can play in my MMDs).

And like before, I have no intentions to share, advertise, or host my server anytime soon.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I just realized MapleStory is made up of a network of supercomputers designed to store player save data to specific servers (Bellocan, Renegades, Scania, Dementhos, Bera, Etc.). So when setting up a Private Server, do you really need a server tower or mini supercomputer to compile all the data off all the classes that are currently in the latest version of the game and your latest save spot/save data? If so, what do I need and where do I order it?

I'm sure the hardware used by Nexon would seem expensive to those who run private servers. However, I doubt they require spectacular hardware to run their operations. If I were to take a guess, most of their infrastructure focuses on monitoring, event logging, marketing, etc.

I once ran a successful v83 private server using only 2 vCPUs and 4GB of RAM, running on Windows Server 2016. There were roughly 20 active players throughout most of the day. Not once did I receive a lag complaint. Given you intend to host a server for only one player, I would not worry too much about hardware specifications.

As Biesmen mentioned, running the server and client on your local machine is an excellent option.

Yeah, I recommend this supercomputer for your private server.
That is a PC case, not a complete machine.

Back