Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private v83 on Windows 10

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
I've looked up various methods on making this work, but I keep getting a parameter issue of -2147848654646524865365312 or I instantly disconnect as I reach login (not even being able to put a password in). Tried Fraysa's method, but it resulted in the same thing. Is there no way?

Staff member
Reaction score
v0.83 has no known way to make it run '100%' of the time. Some say that closing a lot of programs such as skype before opening the client has a higher chance for the error to not appear.

For your second error I don't have this issue when I play other servers running v83 on Windows 10.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
v0.83 has no known way to make it run '100%' of the time. Some say that closing a lot of programs such as skype before opening the client has a higher chance for the error to not appear.

For your second error I don't have this issue when I play other servers running v83 on Windows 10.

Thanks. I was trying to avoid a virtual machine, but I suppose I'll get one now.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've looked into this issue a lot, and I can't find anything that helps really. The only major thing I have noticed is that all v83 clients have an incorrect PE format. The PE format is the executable format itself for windows. From what I've seen, the export table points to an invalid address, and other things like that. I have noticed that all v62 EXEs do in fact have a correct PE format. I'm not sure if fixing the PE format would help any with windows 10 compatibility or not though, the only way to find out would be by fixing it.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
I've looked into this issue a lot, and I can't find anything that helps really. The only major thing I have noticed is that all v83 clients have an incorrect PE format. The PE format is the executable format itself for windows. From what I've seen, the export table points to an invalid address, and other things like that. I have noticed that all v62 EXEs do in fact have a correct PE format. I'm not sure if fixing the PE format would help any with windows 10 compatibility or not though, the only way to find out would be by fixing it.

Do you have any prior experience with v. 62 clients? I decided to swap to v. 62 for full compatibility support, and while it works on my computer on my laptop I'm getting a runtime error with an abnormal termination.

Can't really see where it's coming from since my graphics are fully updated and my directx is at 12. Redistributables are of 2005, 2008, and 2010. Tried googling the issue and there hasn't been a real solution. I'm able to do testing, just on my desktop. I just want to be able to do testing while I'm on campus.

Edit: I just installed directx runtimes, which includes DirectX9, which is backwards compatible with DirextX8. No success. Here's also a list of all my redistributables just in case I missed one.

Thane Krios - v83 on Windows 10 - RaGEZONE Forums

EDIT : nvm. Got it to work.

Last edited:
Nae-un <33
Reaction score
how do you get it work?

The v.62 client? It was just a simple hex-editing problem because the client came with 2 lines of 127.0.0.1, but the third one was some domain to a website; that's what caused the crash. Just edited it to 127.0.0.1. I had all the redistributables the whole time.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I spent today some time too with this and wasn't able to make it work, client close 1 sec after start, tried other servers v83, Razer Cortex, random compatibility, nothing helps.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just close my skype and internet chrome and usually its 70% of the time works.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i also have this problem the link provided before might work but im in no way of doing that.

I cannot even open my client without getting the error...

If somebody can get a fix for this..

Lots of people would be loving you.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly I've done nothing but use these compatibility settings and it works 100% of the time (for .62, that is).

pXyVUn6 - v83 on Windows 10 - RaGEZONE Forums
You're very lucky if that works 100% of the time for you. Sometimes I get in right away, other times I have to try running it 4 or 5 times before it works.

Of note, my MS v62 folder is on an old HDD. Maybe it needs to load some resource quickly, so putting it on an SSD might increase reliability? Haven't tried this, just a theory.

But the real solution would be for someone to actually fix the client which is the root of the problem. It's great that there's a topic for this now, but that topic is talking about post big-bang which isn't much help to us using v62~v83.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like there is a little bit of explanation on how you might do this on earlier versions... I'll take a look at it later and see if I can figure it out with v62. Some of this stuff is still a bit over my head, though, so I'm not sure how this will go.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly I've done nothing but use these compatibility settings and it works 100% of the time (for .62, that is).

It is known to work 100% at v62, this was established quiet a bit ago (and is these days also auto applied on v62 servers such as Royals and Legends as an 'official' compatibility fix). This doesn't work anymore 100% of time at v75+ (don't know when it broke, since there's no other localhosts out there except v62 > v75 and above).

No clue if this works or if parameter is incorrect is even a problem at lower versions (v55 and lower).

And yes, its only Windows 98/me where it works 100% of time in v62. I don't know why.

Attachments

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

The DirectInput is different in older clients. It changed after v6x. The AoB's and such provided on the documentation thread as I had said previously won't even work for pre-BB clients in general. So for v62, using compatibility settings and such, it has a much higher success rate of not happening. This is not the same for, say, v83 and such. All the "fix" is going to do is if the DirectInput8 was not initialized fast enough, we call a kernel32 sleep in a code-cave and hope that by the time it jumps back that it has (has initialized/loaded), and can load.

Attachments

Back