[Browser] WoW Island, browser game based on World of Wacraft
WoW Island is the next step in the web gaming evolution. Everything is realtime, no page refreshes, no pop-ups, realtime chat and so on.
The game is a copy of the famous mmorpg 'World of Warcraft' but as you guessed, it will be totally web based. So, not only there will be no need for downloading, but the game will also be FREE compared to the real world of warcraft which is pay to play.
Our game will also have something that the original game doesn't have, a free will system. Meaning even if you are a Warrior, you can learn the arts of healing or summoning. But the system does have a balance, for example: The horde players are not allowed to learn holy magic. and not all classes can learn all magic. :cheezy:
Some of currently working/being develloped features are:
The rest = Done, but can be improved in the future.
- Spell casting + sophisticated spellbook.
- Attacking, Missing, Critical hits, Dodges, Blocks.
- Player/Monster states ( stunned, frozen, poisoned, .. )
- Monster attack and spell casting (Monster AI)
- Talents ( some talents from real wow, some made up )
- Huge map ( devided in zones )
- Many monsters, ranging from normal to elites, and even boss monsters.
- Inventory and Stats windows just like on real WoW.
- Almost all formulas are taken from the original game. Some made up.
- A fully working item trading system.
- Items market.
- Working NPC's (can talk with, get rewards, answer questions and so on)
- Chat system ( of course )
- Lots of other stuff.
Things that are half working or being develloped.
- A free will system.
- Many items.
- Crafting system.
- Party/Group combat
- Player vs Player
- Party/Raids vs Boss monsters
They are much more stuff, I just can't remember it all.
If you are wondering if Blizzard will sue me or anything, the answer is NO. I emailed them about this, they said it was ok.
We have been working on this game for almost two years, hopefully we'll have a stable beta next month ( Don't email me for invitations, I'll post on this forum :juggle: ).
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] Check the forum for more info.
If you happen to find the link to the alpha version of the game, please don't go around telling everyone :tongue2: