Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Console] What console should I get?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys. I had a gaming PC for about 3 years until it broke and I needed a new power supply. I can't be bothered to actually go out and buy one, so I want to buy a console to play with friends etc. I don't want anything too fancy like a PS4 or Xbox One so please don't say one of them. I am looking for a console that :

- Can run games fast and has good graphics
- Lot of memory

I was thinking of a PS3 or Xbox, so which one should I choose?

(Games I will be playing on it will only be FPSs and Fighting.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't want anything too fancy like a PS4 or Xbox One

I am looking for a console that :
- Can run games fast and has good graphics
- Lot of memory

I was thinking of a PS3 or Xbox, so which one should I choose?

Greatly depends on what games you want to play.
Sony have exclusive releases on PlayStation... Microsoft have exclusive releases on XBOX360...

Both consoles are good. The differences are negligible to the casual gamer.

You need to be more specific in terms of what games you'd like to play.
Only then can meaningful advice be given to you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greatly depends on what games you want to play.
Sony have exclusive releases on PlayStation... Microsoft have exclusive releases on XBOX360...

Both consoles are good. The differences are negligible to the casual gamer.

You need to be more specific in terms of what games you'd like to play.
Only then can meaningful advice be given to you.

Thanks - changed the thread to show which games I will be playing.

Reaction score
Due to your games preference I'd recommend getting a Xbox 360, in my opinion some of the FPS exclusives are far better than the Playstation exclusives i.e Titanfall, Halo etc... I'd say the controller has a better design overall.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can't be bothered to actually go out and buy one

Let me get this straight....you won't go out and spend 60 gbp but are willing to go out and spend 200 gbp? If you are getting the console delivered...you know you can get the PSU delivered too right?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Let me get this straight....you won't go out and spend 60 gbp but are willing to go out and spend 200 gbp? If you are getting the console delivered...you know you can get the PSU delivered too right?

Did you not read my post? I can't play on my gaming PC with my friends so it would be easier to get a console. None of my friends have a proper PC.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes I read your post...but the basis of you getting a console was because you couldn't be bothered to go out and buy a PSU.....

Lewis is correct...if you want to play with your friends you'll have to get whatever console they are on...Xbox and Playstations use different networks though so you'll have to choose which friends you want to play with.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I read your post...but the basis of you getting a console was because you couldn't be bothered to go out and buy a PSU.....

Lewis is correct...if you want to play with your friends you'll have to get whatever console they are on...Xbox and Playstations use different networks though so you'll have to choose which friends you want to play with.

The disadvantage of Xbox is that you have to pay for Xbox Live.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
And your credit card info isn't safe with Playstation network....history has shown that lol...

I myself prefer PS4....I feel the Playstation has always been geared more to the mature gamer and Xbox more the teenagers and 20 somethings....

As for games and graphics ect ect...they are pretty much equal.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So much games in PS1 which I forgot appreciating way back.

Now I'm all sad and poop, knowing how I wasn't able to get to play those games way back. If only I could get my hands on some PS1 for free and get to play games.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So much games in PS1 which I forgot appreciating way back.

Now I'm all sad and poop, knowing how I wasn't able to get to play those games way back. If only I could get my hands on some PS1 for free and get to play games.

There are loads of PS1 emulators out there and ROM's for just about every game made....

Back