Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Console/PC] Call of Duty 'A New Era'

Reaction score
The new Call of Duty title will be revealed on Sunday, May 4, it has been announced.

A countdown clock has appeared on the game's official website ahead of Sunday's announcement at 10am UK time.

Cyndaquil - [Console/PC] Call of Duty 'A New Era' - RaGEZONE Forums

Call of Duty screenshot
© Game Informer/Activision
The new Call of Duty's first official image

The countdown clock appears alongside the tagline: "Get Ready for a New Era of Call of Duty."

A distorted image appears beneath the timer, as well as links to articles about private military companies.

The first 'official' image for the game, shown above, has also been released, along with a teaser video, below. Another screenshot was previously unveiled last week.

Hinting at the premise for the upcoming title, the trailer explains that, in the past 20 years, global combat has seen a steady shift towards the use of private military corporations.

"With advanced weaponry, highly trained soldiers, billions of dollars at their disposal, and few regulations, what happens if they stop taking orders and start taking over?" it asks.

Sledgehammer's Glen Schofield recently called the upcoming Call of Duty the "most ambitious, most creative game we've ever made".

Xbox One and PS4 will be the lead platforms for this year's release, which is said to contain vehicle destructibility and weather systems.

What are your thoughts?

I personally am looking forward to this Call of Duty game, hoping that this 3 year development cycle will increase quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Call of Duty 'A New Era'

So we can see somewhat of a living world inside of the online. That is always something good to see, think that is one of things I like more about BF.

Now as far as the game goes it needs to hop on a new engine. But I doubt they will do that. That's all I will say for that. Ghosts really turned me down from the series. I didn't buy it but I own it still, thanks to a friend. Hopefully this reveal won't turn me off completely.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Call of Duty 'A New Era'

After the last few Call Of Duties I really hope they bring something new and unique to the franchise but the features stated don't seem that good. A weather system will only be good if it affects your game-play, for example, hot weather makes you get exhausted fast so you can't run as long and so on. Also couldn't you already destroy vehicles?
The graphics look amazing though.

P.s. Make sure you put a thread tag. Changed it for you this time but just for future reference.

Last edited:
R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When will CoD end. I mean, I liked the originals, all the way upto Modern Warfare and Black Ops.. But this new age sutff? It's crap. Black Ops 2, Ghosts, Modern Warfare 3 and now Advanced Warfare.. What the hell.

I mean, the graphics look fine, but we already have space-age combat games.. What difference will this one bring? I've given up on CoD, they should have stopped at Black Ops.

Reaction score
When will CoD end. I mean, I liked the originals, all the way upto Modern Warfare and Black Ops.. But this new age sutff? It's crap. Black Ops 2, Ghosts, Modern Warfare 3 and now Advanced Warfare.. What the hell.

I mean, the graphics look fine, but we already have space-age combat games.. What difference will this one bring? I've given up on CoD, they should have stopped at Black Ops.

Highly disagree, Black Ops (1) was crap, it had nothing which made me go yes. Modern Warfare 3 was okay but nothing special, Black Ops 2 was very balanced and great, Ghosts is crap, you can start to see a pattern arise here ;) Crap, Good, Crap, Good - keep the market flowing lmao.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Highly disagree, Black Ops (1) was crap, it had nothing which made me go yes. Modern Warfare 3 was okay but nothing special, Black Ops 2 was very balanced and great, Ghosts is crap, you can start to see a pattern arise here ;) Crap, Good, Crap, Good - keep the market flowing lmao.

Everyone has their own opinion and I respect everyone's opinion as long as they respect mine.

Well then following the pattern, the next one will be crap :p I reckon the best one was CoD WaW. Very well made and brilliant. I will always play it and enjoy it. Well worth my money.

Reaction score
Everyone has their own opinion and I respect everyone's opinion as long as they respect mine.

Well then following the pattern, the next one will be crap :p I reckon the best one was CoD WaW. Very well made and brilliant. I will always play it and enjoy it. Well worth my money.

The pattern:
Black Ops 1 = Crap
Mw3 = Ok
Black Ops 2 = Good
Ghosts = Crap

Touche...

lmao, anyway Sledgehammer has got a good chance of majorly rebooting the brand ;)

Last edited:
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
MW3 over BOP2? You tripping. MW3 was much bs including those death streaks and the all range MP7. Comments so far don't seem to be pleasant because they are pushing for a futuristic game. Which Crysis, Titanfall, Halo and those already does. And when CoD implement it they are going to implement their BS ofc.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Some more screenshots of Call Of Duty Advance Warfare. That beanie looks so life-like on the last screenshot and those exoskeletons look pretty amazing but they love a big reveal so nothing really amazing shown in the images.

Reaction score
MW3 over BOP2? You tripping. MW3 was much bs including those death streaks and the all range MP7. Comments so far don't seem to be pleasant because they are pushing for a futuristic game. Which Crysis, Titanfall, Halo and those already does. And when CoD implement it they are going to implement their BS ofc.

tbh they have got pretty much free run of futuristic timelines, where has if they did a past based game it would probably need to follow a WW or something

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Something I've wanted a lot is a game company to head into WW games. As in start from WW1, follow the line of a few people (Anzac, French, Serbian, Turkish) so we get a view of all countries throughout the game. Then move onto WW2 and do the same by following the story of a few people through out the war, where your decisions determine how far that character makes it.

I thought when WaW came out, CoD was going to head down that path, or when the MoH series took off with European Assault, but neither seemed to continue with it.. let down.

Back to topic, the graphics on Advanced Warfare look extremely well made, which makes me assume that this will be e next gen only game.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I find it amusing when people think pictures posted by the companies and trailers mean the visuals will be amazing, they're all computer modified to look better than they actually do. As for the CoD franchise, it should have died a long time ago. Activision are just trying to keep the game alive because of the amount of money it generates from 12 year olds begging their Mum to buy the game for them since they're too young and the occasional adult purchasing it for themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game all the way up to Black Ops 1, however the multiplayer (apart from MW and WaW) in the franchise has ALWAYS been awful. If it was a single-player only game dedicated to story telling, I'd still be purchasing it to this day. I will never buy a Call of Duty again just for the record.

Back