Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Console] Playstation 4 Neo

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Today it was announced that Playstation 4 Neo will be released soon.

Playstation 4 Neo are twice as much better than the usual playstation 4.

Under a long time there have been rumors about Playstation 4 Neo, but now it's confirmed.

It appears that the age of has arrived. Hooray. Speaking with the , Sony Interactive Entertainment president Andrew House has confirmed that all of the reports we’ve been hearing about for the past few months are accurate: Sony is indeed working on an .
The system, codenamed “Neo,” will have upgraded hardware that will allow it to produce 4K resolution and better graphics, and is built for Sony’s upcoming peripheral. The system is not meant to supplant the current PS4, and will be sold alongside it. House didn’t give an exact price for the Neo, only saying that it would be more expensive than the current $350 console. The PS4 Neo is being aimed at “hardcore” gamers and those who want more high-resolution content.

The system will be backwards compatible with almost all current PS4 games. The report actually says “all or a very large majority of games will also support the high-end PS4.” This tells us that we can expect that some PS4 games may not be playable on the Neo. The report also says that developers will only be required to put in a “small but manageable” amount of effort when creating games for both the PS4 and Neo.

Mister House isn’t worried about consumers who may not be happy that a new PlayStation console will be launched so closely after the last system. “The consumer is attuned to a different cadence of innovation in technology thanks in great part for the upgrades cadence on mobile phones or PCs.” This statement mirrors what Xbox head Phil Spencer said about his company’s plans for an .
Those looking forward to hearing more about the PS4 Neo during next week’s E3 event will be disappointed to learn that Sony does not plan to discuss it during their annual press conference. Some reports suggested that the console could be released as early as this fall, but House has stated that Sony is not ready to announce a launch window for the PS4 Neo at this time. But don’t lack the lack of Neo stop you from checking out all of Geek.com’s E3 coverage next week.

Source:

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Doesn' really seem worth it in my opinion atm, i recently bought my PS4 and the graphics are already fine. I think they'll just charge an extra 100-200$ for it as i doubt there will be any huge specs, maybe some better visuals and bigger HDD.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They'll claim it VR Ready but the hardware in consoles are just not enough. "4K capable" at what? 5 FPS? If the developers aren't running their games at 60 FPS on that new console considering the specifications of the new AMD Polaris-based GPU they're putting in then that's just retarded.

I dislike console so I'll be sticking with my PC but those at my thoughts.

Reaction score
I'd go for a PC instead. Been a console peasant for too long to know when something isn't as incredible as they say it is. It's usually half the power (or less).

My main argument against PCs were: I rather get a console, that I buy once every, say, 5 years, and still get a new game.

Now, last PS4 was released in 2013 or 2014...? The hardware was already behind at the time, and they now want a rebrand (won't say it's a complete new system, that's for sure).

I also hate this Microsoft's idea of upgrade-able parts on the Xbox One. Why not a PC then?

I'd still be on consoles if they were actually cheaper than a PC.

Back