Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion]3D Christmas themed FPS - need name

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In the next +-10 weeks my friend and I have to learn to work with Unity 3D and develop a game using it.

We are thinking about an online first person shooter with a Christmas atmosphere ( ).
Snowballs would be used as weapons.

One player would have to host the server on his / her computer, which the other players would be able to connect to.

Right now we are looking for a name for our project. Any of you can think of something? :p
Our first thoughts were just 'SnowBalls' or 'SnowGuns' but we're not really sure about it.

I'll keep this topic up to date as we make progress.

Rogu3
Reaction score
In the next +-10 weeks my friend and I have to learn to work with Unity 3D and develop a game using it.

We are thinking about an online first person shooter with a Christmas atmosphere ( ).
Snowballs would be used as weapons.

One player would have to host the server on his / her computer, which the other players would be able to connect to.

Right now we are looking for a name for our project. Any of you can think of something? :p
Our first thoughts were just 'SnowBalls' or 'SnowGuns' but we're not really sure about it.

I'll keep this topic up to date as we make progress.
Well, I would avoid the use of the name "Snow..." just because it's unoriginal and can guarantee it has been used for similarly themed games before, such as "Snowstorm" on the Habbo MMORPG.

Although, that game is not a First Person shooter, the goal that I assume you're looking for is originality. Now, you could always go for one of the Arcade style names like "X(mas)treme Snowball Fight 3000" (<- 90's af), but that's lame for a modern game. You could also go with a typical FPS name such as "Battle Blizzard: Santa's Revenge" (<- CoD/BF af). Or you could go for something like "The North Pole".

To be honest, it would help much more if you gave a premise for the game, (i.e. are the players elves, snowmen, penguins, santa, etc.; the setting of the game is it like anywhere or like the north pole).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I would avoid the use of the name "Snow..." just because it's unoriginal and can guarantee it has been used for similarly themed games before, such as "Snowstorm" on the Habbo MMORPG.

Although, that game is not a First Person shooter, the goal that I assume you're looking for is originality. Now, you could always go for one of the Arcade style names like "X(mas)treme Snowball Fight 3000" (<- 90's af), but that's lame for a modern game. You could also go with a typical FPS name such as "Battle Blizzard: Santa's Revenge" (<- CoD/BF af). Or you could go for something like "The North Pole".

To be honest, it would help much more if you gave a premise for the game, (i.e. are the players elves, snowmen, penguins, santa, etc.; the setting of the game is it like anywhere or like the north pole).

Thanks for the suggestions! However, originality is not an issue here since we're not even supposed to build something this big. And I really do like the word snow :p
I was thinking about SnowBrawl actually, what do you think about it?

To get a taste of the scenery you can take a look at the link I provided in my original post.

Rogu3
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! However, originality is not an issue here since we're not even supposed to build something this big. And I really do like the word snow :p
I was thinking about SnowBrawl actually, what do you think about it?

To get a taste of the scenery you can take a look at the link I provided in my original post.
The assets look nice, but what will the players be? That will be the easiest way to answer the question. Will they be people, penguins, elves, snowmen, etc.?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The assets look nice, but what will the players be? That will be the easiest way to answer the question. Will they be people, penguins, elves, snowmen, etc.?
Not completely sure of that at this point. Most likely they will be santa.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Santastorm
Battle Santas
Santa Toss

I was originally thinking about SnowBrawl, but you made me rename it to SantaBrawl, thanks! :)

So, here is some work in progress.. nothing much yet
f2ba2609b22bf1e98bfb5a4031c112dc - [Discussion]3D Christmas themed FPS - need name - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Rogu3
Reaction score
I was originally thinking about SnowBrawl, but you made me rename it to SantaBrawl, thanks! :)

So, here is some work in progress.. nothing much yet
f2ba2609b22bf1e98bfb5a4031c112dc - [Discussion]3D Christmas themed FPS - need name - RaGEZONE Forums
Glad I could help, looking good so far.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back