Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Blade and Soul NA

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
anyone trying to play this game today? i tried getting in the server and the queue time is like an hour lol. excited to see if i would actually enjoy this game.. the combat looks interesting.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
anyone trying to play this game today? i tried getting in the server and the queue time is like an hour lol. excited to see if i would actually enjoy this game.. the combat looks interesting.

I've heard alot about it and aparently people were waiting a long time for the servers to open, Friends have asked me to play it with them and from other friends i've heard that they are currently playing on it with minimal queue time.

From what I hear, the Queue time on the busiest server (EU one) with 1k people in Queue was 15 minutes.

I would try it out when I would have some more time and when the queue's go down a bit, as if i remember on ArchAge you had to Queue for over an hour only to get into the game.

I've seen twitch streamers play B&S during the pre-release for paid users and it does seem indeed a very nice game, well design'ed and lots of efford put into it.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've heard alot about it and aparently people were waiting a long time for the servers to open, Friends have asked me to play it with them and from other friends i've heard that they are currently playing on it with minimal queue time.

From what I hear, the Queue time on the busiest server (EU one) with 1k people in Queue was 15 minutes.

I would try it out when I would have some more time and when the queue's go down a bit, as if i remember on ArchAge you had to Queue for over an hour only to get into the game.

I've seen twitch streamers play B&S during the pre-release for paid users and it does seem indeed a very nice game, well design'ed and lots of efford put into it.

i actually gave up waiting. at least for now. even premium users have a hard time getting in. hopefully tomorrow i can finally try it or else im gonna play black desert online instead. i heard its also a grindy game but its fine with me.. i just wanna experience that nostalgic feeling of playing grindy mmorpg before the server dies lmao.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
i actually gave up waiting. at least for now. even premium users have a hard time getting in. hopefully tomorrow i can finally try it or else im gonna play black desert online instead. i heard its also a grindy game but its fine with me.. i just wanna experience that nostalgic feeling of playing grindy mmorpg before the server dies lmao.

I give it a week, maybe 2 until queues drop

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Well I didn't try it personally but I heard their game installer is a legit piece of ****...
A friend of mine couldn't even download the game because it randomly froze or crashed. Then showed that a necessary file was not found FOR THE INSTALLER...

Then the queues.... Like... They didn't expect such attention from all the hype that was made about it.

I don't think they quite finished everything in time and just released it (reminds me of Windows 10)...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well I didn't try it personally but I heard their game installer is a legit piece of ****...
A friend of mine couldn't even download the game because it randomly froze or crashed. Then showed that a necessary file was not found FOR THE INSTALLER...

Then the queues.... Like... They didn't expect such attention from all the hype that was made about it.

I don't think they quite finished everything in time and just released it (reminds me of Windows 10)...

The game file is so huge that it is also very prone for corruption. i have a good internet connection and just downloaded the whole game in a few minutes. The game installer feels bloated and buggy IMO. i just got in, played for an hour it is very fun. you guys should try it.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
It's good for PvP, but PvE content is a big MEH.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I am very interested to hear about this game!

I am sad to hear about the queues. Is it possible they can instance this game? Because that or adding more server capacity seems like a safer route than opening up new servers (which we all know after the hype can be almost dead) soon enough they are talking about merges...

The last NCSoft game I played was AION (I did the beta and played at least a full year from launch) but the biggest problem I had with that was NCSoft (West) just seemed to pretty much suck when it came to communicating and lots of other things. So I wonder if they have gotten any better. I keep telling myself no more Korean games... but I remember trailers for this years ago. It really has been a long time coming.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Yea but lately people don't want to farm that much, atleast not in the private server world
You might expect a new private server by me for Blade and Soul, we already managed to receive pretty much all cryptography directly from their dll's. :sleep:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I am very interested to hear about this game!

I am sad to hear about the queues. Is it possible they can instance this game? Because that or adding more server capacity seems like a safer route than opening up new servers (which we all know after the hype can be almost dead) soon enough they are talking about merges...

The last NCSoft game I played was AION (I did the beta and played at least a full year from launch) but the biggest problem I had with that was NCSoft (West) just seemed to pretty much suck when it came to communicating and lots of other things. So I wonder if they have gotten any better. I keep telling myself no more Korean games... but I remember trailers for this years ago. It really has been a long time coming.

this is my first NCSOFT game. pretty much all of the online games i played i go with private servers. i dont know how they manage their games but i expect them to try and grab as much cash as they can on players same as other company.

Reaction score
here are my characters

Worked hours on these

My Blade Master

Heights - [Discussion] Blade and Soul NA - RaGEZONE Forums

My blade Dancer

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'll be separated from you guys, I'll be playing the Taiwanese server, since it is pretty much the only server playable for us SEA folks. Russian server was complete trash.

Now I hope, I can finally do some PvP

Legendary Trio - Chocolate Rain
Legend
Reaction score
have queue's gotten any better?

What do you guys think for those playing? Is it worth the wait?

I've had to reroll characters a few times on different servers just to find one that isn't plagued by queues. The one I'm on now is pretty stable in that regard but I'm really hoping it settles down in the next few weeks.

Reaction score
I've had to reroll characters a few times on different servers just to find one that isn't plagued by queues. The one I'm on now is pretty stable in that regard but I'm really hoping it settles down in the next few weeks.

I think it's mostly cause of those bots. They should really keep them out somehow, also party finder, faction chat and region chat are pretty much unusable because of them.

Back