Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Help me choose an Xbox Game

Which one should I chose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok guys, happened some mistake on my end, and I bought 200 BRL of Microsoft points, to pay upfront 1 year gold. + EA Access... turns out i cant buy any of those with Microsoft points, leaving me stuck here with lots of M$ points

So, I want to buy a new game with it. I want a game for story mode (mostly), I want a game that the story/gameplay/graphics would hook me up. I don't enjoy much of futuristic games though...

I want a game foccused on offline mode. I don't play online, and even if I want to, I can't since I don't have gold anymore.

I like shooting games but not necessarily first person shooter, I like war stories like old CoD's, GTA (mostly all of them), Hitman.

I've made a poll with some of my ideas (which i can afford). If you have another game's idea, just tell me!

P.S: never played any halo game, nor gears of war, nor MGS.... i wish to play a new game, etc... and if I can afford with my credits, and i like it, I'll purchase it

Can't edit poll. Also adding Diablo III Reaper of Souls

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn't get either Battlefield 4 or BO3 if you don't have online currently. Battlefields story is very very short, I managed to complete it in about 5/6 hours and that was going normal pace, whilst BO3 I'm still playing, it heavily relies on its online features i.e Multi-player. Watch Dogs was a great game but the story and game is limited, whilst I wanted it to be good, it just disappoints after a while, when you complete the story you won't be playing it again, it has nothing what keeps the game fun in free roam.

The others I can't comment on because I haven't played them. If you want a offline game with great story, I'd seriously recommend Fallout 4, it only came out a few days ago but I'm hooked, I've put in about 20 hours over two days and I still have way too much stuff to do left in the game.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
I can recommend Fallout 4 with ease. It has a great combination of gameplay, story, and graphics. Some players are complaining about the graphics, but I think they are fine. (the volumetric lighting being the most prominent facet of the graphics.). If you aren't particularly fond of the Fallout series, you could try MGS: The Phantom Pain. It's quite easy for someone to dive into without prior knowledge. Although, prior knowledge would benefit the player as some of the plot may feel confusing. imo.

EDIT:

I didn't see the option for The Witcher 3 - that would also be a good option, because it allows players to play it without prior knowledge of the past Witcher games (they are also great imo). If you've played games such as Fable before, you may find yourself easily immersed in a game such as The Witcher 3.

Last edited:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
If you don't focus online gameplay strike out Battlefield or CoD games. Those always targeted multiplayer over single player. At least of CoD games I know the story mode is nothing more than a movie. Cut scenes all the way. You're very limited. No freedom at all. You can't even take a path over a bridge instead of the bushes. The game wants you to go EXACTLY the way it provides. Also you only have a choice of missions you could play. And that isn't much.

Bethesda games always had a nice focus on the single player. I don't know much about fallout 4 but if it goes into the direction like Skyrim, I would definitely suggest it! Skyrim would have been my other suggestion. I have 300 hours of gameplay on it and that's nothing. If you wanna waste life a little, you should get that :p

Watchdogs also was a lot of fun to me. It's a bit GTA like gameplay. Even though the hacking stuff as usual is legit shenanigans xD

Reaction score
Thanks Future ! With a freelancing job I got 1 year xbox live... well, i still prefer single player games though... Any chance skyrim is coming to next-gen? I want some game which will take hours and hours to finish, like skyrim... unfortunately i have no extra cash for it :(:

Reaction score
Thanks Future ! With a freelancing job I got 1 year xbox live... well, i still prefer single player games though... Any chance skyrim is coming to next-gen? I want some game which will take hours and hours to finish, like skyrim... unfortunately i have no extra cash for it :(:

It'll most likely come soon when it is added to the Backwards compatible titles, but I wouldn't count on it running fine

Rogu3
Reaction score
Ok guys, happened some mistake on my end, and I bought 200 BRL of Microsoft points, to pay upfront 1 year gold. + EA Access... turns out i cant buy any of those with Microsoft points, leaving me stuck here with lots of M$ points

So, I want to buy a new game with it. I want a game for story mode (mostly), I want a game that the story/gameplay/graphics would hook me up. I don't enjoy much of futuristic games though...

I want a game foccused on offline mode. I don't play online, and even if I want to, I can't since I don't have gold anymore.

I like shooting games but not necessarily first person shooter, I like war stories like old CoD's, GTA (mostly all of them), Hitman.

I've made a poll with some of my ideas (which i can afford). If you have another game's idea, just tell me!

P.S: never played any halo game, nor gears of war, nor MGS.... i wish to play a new game, etc... and if I can afford with my credits, and i like it, I'll purchase it

Can't edit poll. Also adding Diablo III Reaper of Souls
Fallout 4, if you haven't gotten it already. #endconvo

Thanks @Future ! With a freelancing job I got 1 year xbox live... well, i still prefer single player games though... Any chance skyrim is coming to next-gen? I want some game which will take hours and hours to finish, like skyrim... unfortunately i have no extra cash for it :(:
Yeah. Get Skyrim's unidentical twin, Fallout 4. It is literally the same engine and developers. It is just a post-apocalyptic world with the same style of gameplay. It will have you hooked for hours. If you're really looking for something similar to Skyrim...

Reaction score
@Wreckless unfortunely my cash could not cover Fallout 4, unless I would have bought it already...

I've decided to go with The Witcher 3, with recommendation from Jonteh (which will get my cash back if i don't like it :eek:tt: /jk )

Hopefully I enjoy this came... and for what I seen, I will.

Thanks for all of you who commented :love:

- Lucca

@mudkip I've taken the liberty to close the thread, plz no ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back