Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Microsoft offers Mojang $2b For Minecraft!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well the basis of my additions to the OS' and GFWL was to show how Microsoft has the tendency to screw things up and I fear they will screw up Minecraft too.....I went left field due to "Talk less poop, thanks." and "And yet you are a shithead to this day, posting crap on a forum where the average is far below mine, let alone yours. Maybe go to a tech site and show your incredible knowledge of PC's there, or do they laugh at you?"

I defend myself against personal attacks with fervor :) The rest of you should be offended too..I mean he is saying this forum is full of idiots. "posting crap on a forum where the average is far below mine, let alone yours."

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score

Mojang is not working on a API as far as I know.

I think you'll find they are. Refer to the first line, on the second paragraph.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Please look at the date. Its probably pulled back already.

I highly doubt that. I'm certain that they would update the page. Plus.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dude...the link you provided doesn't even say the words Games for windows live on it anywhere...you don't seem to know the difference between Xbox Live and Games for windows live...so let me enlighten you...

And if you do not want to read the wall of words that is contained in the link...let me quote the part that pertains to this discussion:

Xbox Live and GFWL are 2 different entities...not the same. They can coexist on 1 title...Shadowrun. And anyone who owns and plays GTA IV knows the problems with GFWL and it's DRM. and

Now as for your attack on my personal knowledge...yes I do post on other tech sites...Toms Hardware and Tech Crunch are my 2 favorite sites...I have authored articles on both....and there was no humor or laughter involved on any of them. The difference between me posting here and writing articles is here I can be myself...I'm helping a friend with their computer as opposed to helping a customer with theirs.

As for the OS differences...we will just have to agree to disagree there...we both have our opinions and they differ...so be it.
How do you not get this Games for Windows Live = Xbox Live = Xbox Live on Windows. It's the same service. Seriously, how do you not get this?

What enlightenment? There is no source and that poop was added . Did you add that shenanigans? Do I need to ask Dan to do an IP check? Seriously wtf. Why is such shenanigans coming up on Wikipedia within minutes/hours of you failing your argument with no source.
I haven't read poop about it being down, there is no news about it and people on the steam forums are still playing their GFWL games online.

Oh and I did ask for a IP check, I think you are just idiotic enough to pull such stupid poop.

They are not. It's the same service, Shadownrun was proof of that. It also wasn't the only game.
For example:

Wow you have favorite sites, well done. Now how about you link those authored articles.

And here you can be yourself? Wtf? You can't be yourself among adults? Are you a pedo?

Oh now we have different opinions about the OS... is that because my facts broke your smack talk?
Well the basis of my additions to the OS' and GFWL was to show how Microsoft has the tendency to screw things up and I fear they will screw up Minecraft too.....I went left field due to "Talk less poop, thanks." and "And yet you are a shithead to this day, posting crap on a forum where the average is far below mine, let alone yours. Maybe go to a tech site and show your incredible knowledge of PC's there, or do they laugh at you?"

I defend myself against personal attacks with fervor :) The rest of you should be offended too..I mean he is saying this forum is full of idiots. "posting crap on a forum where the average is far below mine, let alone yours."
Are you stupid? Did you even bother to read the quote? Which is about you being an old duck on a forum dominated by teenagers.

Anyway I'm done with your noob butt, if anything comes from the IP check I'll be coming back for you. For now my point stands, you know poop about MS, you make assumptions, can't think an argument through, and use (or create) information that has no source.

I can see MS Ducking up MC, but not for the crappy reason you named, especially since you can't compare those instances with MC, since the only connection is the MS name, everything else is different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Lets try to keep the personal attacks out of this, but at the same time remember that people do have different opinions on Microsoft. in other words stick to more stats and links and less name calling.
This seems to be a hot topic and very important to many people. Microsoft certainly has a very interesting and detailed history for sure.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Monolith if you wanna retaliate about the personal attacks and just continue on with them, do so somewhere private :) Other wise be the better man and just report him for rude and direct attacks and the whole thing can blow over amigo.

You both do have good statements staying what MS has done before to performance and power, just you's are slightly loosing it now. You can voice your opinion as long as it regards MS purchasing mojang. I For one would hope they do some performance upgrades and integrate it better into windows. Imagine the possibilities then..

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well my response was going to be:

I myself did not edit that wiki page...but I am in the Tech loop constantly...so know when things are going south sometimes prior to the rest of the world, but due to NDA's most of the time I cannot say anything. Your welcome to do an IP check...does not bother me.

As for why I can be myself here is because if there is a topic I do not like I can say "I hate that game...duck Microsoft!!" for example....but if I do that in an article I write I'm pretty sure a respectable webpage would not publish it...it's called professionalism....here I can leave that poop at the door and speak freely.

As for my age...you my friend have been here since 2002...unless you were here at 7 years old (if so i'm impressed) you yourself are no longer a teenager...so why are you here? Yes, I am 40, but was a huge part of the FlyFF forum for years and WoW too...now I just like to help people in Tech Zone and report issues to help the Mods.....sometimes I help too much lol.

You can be sure Microsoft will find a way to DRM Minecraft to protect their investment...and as I stated they do not have a good track record of doing digital rights management. As of now Minecraft can still be pirated...i see this as the first thing Microsoft tackles just to, as stated before, protect their investment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Monolith said:
You can be sure Microsoft will find a way to DRM Minecraft to protect their investment...and as I stated they do not have a good track record of doing digital rights management. As of now Minecraft can still be pirated...i see this as the first thing Microsoft tackles just to, as stated before, protect their investment.

Now that's a thing that I can assure you it's never going to happen. Mind you, anything that Microsoft creates can be pirated. Windows forever! Plus it's a java game for christ sake, ever seen anything made on java and can't be pirated? Me neither ...

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Now that's a thing that I can assure you it's never going to happen. Mind you, anything that Microsoft creates can be pirated. Windows forever! Plus it's a java game for christ sake, ever seen anything made on java and can't be pirated? Me neither ...

Your right...didn't think about that LOL. Windows has been pirated for years and thats their flagship program....*tips hat*

Back