[Discussion]Mobile versions of games

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    6Posts

Re: [Discussion]Mobile versions of games

About this RuneScape. It will be a separate game or computer version-related? About which version you are talking? OSRS (RuneScape 2007) or RuneScape 3?
    Last edited by chicka; 23-02-18 at 08:25 AM.

MemberRank
    Aug 2017 Join Date
    5Posts

As an example of a mobile port failure... i'd point out Elsword, abandoning the only combat system of an online game (that i'm aware of) that actually resembles Devil May Cry (you can make your regular combo branch by pressing a different attack key or even a directional button) for "keep the attack button pressed for auto-attack loop" the dungeons are no better that boss stages on which you have to clear mobs first and the almost 2 hours long tutorial... which for some reason also eats your stamina despite being enforced.

Some successful ones are mostly form japanese browser games, although i also was in the "Mobile/Browser games will forever suck" i've found some that works fairly good but they are no ports, "Phantom of the Kill" seems to be a bootleg of Fire Emblem (more precisely looks like a 3DS FE game), Toram Online works more or less like a Mabinogi of the sorts, stating that mobile games are stuck at the quality of the 90's consoles is an understatement, from what i can tell currently stand their grounds against several games released on 05's onwards, getting fairly close to 10's.

The thing that hurts the mobile/browser games the most is the stamina/korean system which limits the amount of time that a player can play but can easily be solved by spending cash to refil their stamina henceforth giving an incentive for companies to make bootleg cashgrab versions of their magnum opus or at least one of their most successful games.

MemberRank
    Jun 2014 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    5Posts

Some games can work on mobiles some can't, I think people make some games for mobiles that don't work well and would be more suited on a computer/console.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement