Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion]MU Legends

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm pretty excited to play Mu Legends tomorrow i love ARPG games. Is anyone else excited to play the game? If so tell me what part your most excited for i played the closed beta and really enjoyed the game.

Facebook:

Global Beta Open Time: Nov 7, UTC 9:00 - EST 4:00 PM

Put Community First
Reaction score
A lot of beta testers thought it was pretty bad. Good graphics, shallow gameplay. Same issues as MU Online but hoping graphics and a few differences get a lot of players. Turned a lot of people off and will likely flop.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
A lot of beta testers thought it was pretty bad. Good graphics, shallow gameplay. Same issues as MU Online but hoping graphics and a few differences get a lot of players. Turned a lot of people off and will likely flop.

Personally i like it myself it was a nice step up and so far i enjoy the game. The diablo 3 vibe i love it. Graphics are pretty decent. But i'm more interested to see where this game goes.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Played it for a while today, terrible optimization I tell you - running on i7-6700HQ, GTX 950 GDDR 5 4GB, 8 GB RAM DDR4 - 720p res, everything on low, getting 15-20FPS.
Game play is somewhat generic for ARPG, nothing ground braking. Quests are standard - kill X amount of monsters, find this, gather that. Skills are unlocked by leveling, I am playing a battle mage or whatever it is called, got to level 23, there's a Soul level, didn't really see the point of that. There are no stats to be distributed. It seems each class has 2 options in terms of weapons.
There are some daily solo dungeons, limited of course with decent drops. Tried getting in part with other players, no one seemed to bother, as the game does not provide much challenge so far, suppose it would get harder with higher levels.
We have Battle Power, something that is very common in browser games. Also there are already some overpower players, checked ranking - battler power of 100 000+ (I am at ~ 19 000) and level 65, not sure how they got this high for day and a half - since game is opened.

Loved the original MU as I grew up with it, was hyped for this, but I don't believe I will be playing much.

UPDATE:

It seems game was using the integrated GPU, will try with the Nvidia one and share results

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Played it for a while today, terrible optimization I tell you - running on i7-6700HQ, GTX 950 GDDR 5 4GB, 8 GB RAM DDR4 - 720p res, everything on low, getting 15-20FPS.
Game play is somewhat generic for ARPG, nothing ground braking. Quests are standard - kill X amount of monsters, find this, gather that. Skills are unlocked by leveling, I am playing a battle mage or whatever it is called, got to level 23, there's a Soul level, didn't really see the point of that. There are no stats to be distributed. It seems each class has 2 options in terms of weapons.
There are some daily solo dungeons, limited of course with decent drops. Tried getting in part with other players, no one seemed to bother, as the game does not provide much challenge so far, suppose it would get harder with higher levels.
We have Battle Power, something that is very common in browser games. Also there are already some overpower players, checked ranking - battler power of 100 000+ (I am at ~ 19 000) and level 65, not sure how they got this high for day and a half - since game is opened.

Loved the original MU as I grew up with it, was hyped for this, but I don't believe I will be playing much.

UPDATE:

It seems game was using the integrated GPU, will try with the Nvidia one and share results

I don't understand how your getting such terrible performance i'm running fx 8350 with rx 580 and getting 60 FPS + no problem. Yeah the game is lacking features but it's a OBT so i don't suspect a lot right now. I guess it's more of the vibe i get from the gameplay just feels nice to be able to play a refresh of MU not in a 10+ Year old engine. And players getting level 65 yeah i have no idea either i'm only like 12. I liked the original MU as well and thats why i was so excited for this one. But if compare this to diablo 3 it's almost the same game accept one is MU Themed. And if we break it down most ARPG are like that it's a grind for loot my friend but i enjoy it weirdly enough i played diablo for weeks even after beating the game. But i do respect your opinion i just don't think the game has been given a chance i could hate in 3 days later. But the OBT everyone is suspecting the game to be perfect. But this is a trial and error phase and i hope Webzen pulls it together. But if you want someone to play with hit me up.

IGN: DragonSeth

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I don't understand how your getting such terrible performance i'm running fx 8350 with rx 580 and getting 60 FPS + no problem. Yeah the game is lacking features but it's a OBT so i don't suspect a lot right now. I guess it's more of the vibe i get from the gameplay just feels nice to be able to play a refresh of MU not in a 10+ Year old engine. And players getting level 65 yeah i have no idea either i'm only like 12. I liked the original MU as well and thats why i was so excited for this one. But if compare this to diablo 3 it's almost the same game accept one is MU Themed. And if we break it down most ARPG are like that it's a grind for loot my friend but i enjoy it weirdly enough i played diablo for weeks even after beating the game. But i do respect your opinion i just don't think the game has been given a chance i could hate in 3 days later. But the OBT everyone is suspecting the game to be perfect. But this is a trial and error phase and i hope Webzen pulls it together. But if you want someone to play with hit me up.

IGN: DragonSeth

It was running on the integrated card only for some reason. Switched to main GPU from Nvidia Panel and it all runs well now.
Items are fairly easy to come by, does not seem that grindy in that aspect, got to lvl 26, got Wings from quest and was introduced to jewels, those would be the grind, along with Zen.

Update: Waiting in queue now, seems characters are bind to server.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
It was running on the integrated card only for some reason. Switched to main GPU from Nvidia Panel and it all runs well now.
Items are fairly easy to come by, does not seem that grindy in that aspect, got to lvl 26, got Wings from quest and was introduced to jewels, those would be the grind, along with Zen.

Update: Waiting in queue now, seems characters are bind to server.

I'm currently level 29 and honestly i'm shocked about the game i like the flow. Got wings/pet/mount from quest.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
So did I, still in queue tho.
What I didnt like was that I was in a dungeon with some randoms who had no actual idea of what they were doing so they were just running around, boss killed me, I decided to resurrect at check point just to realize that I wasn't able to enter the boss room any more, seemed that only those premium hearts you get are working so far.

As far as tests, game had numerous CBTs so far, there are people who have done reviews of Mu Legend a year ago, so you'd expect the game to be polished to some extent.

zQ82Apl - [Discussion]MU Legends - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
So did I, still in queue tho.
What I didnt like was that I was in a dungeon with some randoms who had no actual idea of what they were doing so they were just running around, boss killed me, I decided to resurrect at check point just to realize that I wasn't able to enter the boss room any more, seemed that only those premium hearts you get are working so far.

As far as tests, game had numerous CBTs so far, there are people who have done reviews of Mu Legend a year ago, so you'd expect the game to be polished to some extent.

zQ82Apl - [Discussion]MU Legends - RaGEZONE Forums

Eh not to be a penis but lets get real it's webzen. When have they really ever have a polished game? I mean if we look at the old mu online it runs like crap in the newer seasons. And yeah the que is dumb. But Mu Legend is having a maintence for it tomorrow.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Eh not to be a penis but lets get real it's webzen. When have they really ever have a polished game? I mean if we look at the old mu online it runs like crap in the newer seasons. And yeah the que is dumb. But Mu Legend is having a maintence for it tomorrow.

Which server are you on?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Honestly i come here with rather disappointing news. As i thought webzen would change the MU experience with this game they have failed to succeed that feeling to me at least. After playing the game and getting a character max level and etc. I have decided to update this thread with the pro's and con's of this game.

Pro's Why You Should Play It.
  • It's Mu Online
  • New Graphic Engine
  • New Gameplay
  • New Features
  • And Somewhat A Decent Story
  • Skills are pretty cool

Con's On Why You Should Not Play This Game.
Classes Are Very Unbalanced
  • Game Is Buggy And Laggy
  • You D/C A LOT!
  • Rift's Are Hard To Finish If Your Even Able To Without Getting D/C
  • Webzen good old pay to win cash system is coming shortly
  • Can't even move the game after installing it
  • Can't even rename the folder without the game saying you need to re install
  • Auto Update Launcher Is Broken Can't Even Patch Correctly
  • Que Times Are Ridiculous On SEA And EU servers
  • Many Maintenances To Still Not Even Fix The Connection Issues
  • I Experienced When i Did A Area Quest My Game Would Freeze For 2-3 Mins Before Anything Would Move
  • Game Still Feels Like A Endless Grind And Money Hog As Mu Online Does I Wouldn't Mind It So Bad If We Could Play Without D/C And.
  • Optimization Is Terrible
  • And In All Honestly The Gameplay Is Just Not Fun For Me And Even With All Of The Pro's Above The Game Still Lacks In The Area Of Fun To Me. This is one ARPG i probably won't recommend.

They are so many more issues i could dive into but as for now these are the issues i have faced. But i know before you say it i know it's just a OBT and hopefully webzen will fix these issues. But for now i don't recommend playing the game until they do get these issues fix. The event's and etc... Might seem tempting but honestly as many server shut down's and the time you will get d/c you will either lose all the time or two you won't even get to experience the event.

I Give The Game A 5/10 only for the facture it was nice to see mu online have a upgrade in graphic and some new mechanics and add some what of a story. But other then that have fun everyone and just go play TorchLight II Or Diablo III Or Even Path Of Exile, All Of These Are Better Games IMO. If you disagree that's fine all i'm asking is don't flame the thread. I'm just posting my opinion on this game.

Put Community First
Reaction score
Oh I don't think you'll see many people flaming, I think most people will agree with you. It's pretty lackluster. Looking forward to someone grabbing some source and sharing it out to see what the community can do to improve it, but unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Mu Legend is already way behind the mechanics or generally the concept of an ARPG.

The only reason behind why I still bothered playing the game, even after a year of experiencing a game like Path of Exile.

Because the game is " Mu Online ". And also the fact that even though the whole important concepts of the game is pretty much similarly to any ARPG at the moment, specifically the artifacts and repeatable dungeon runs. The game still has its own unique features such as a guild war on a ship with a customisable levels and rift gauges.

But what was the disappointing part about the game is that, it was very poorly handled. And it seems like they didn't do any case study or have any target audiences once the game got out.

At the beta phase of the game, it was already known how the game was poorly optimized, yet the final release of the product, the game is still poorly optimized.

And the second one is the choice of servers. Out of all South East Asian servers they choose, they had to pick the worst possible server host for us, and that is Korean host, which is pretty bad if you are catering people in South East Asia. The server should have been in Singapore which offers the best Internet hosts and it is for a fact like a very centralize spot for all South East Asians. Even most games that I've played in SEA has a dedicated server for Korea and a different one for South East Asian.

Then lastly, they should have thought about the amount of people they're targeting for each servers, specifically in South East Asia, advertising is really done physically, MU way back had a bunch of posters and a physical disc for people to install. And now that everyone thinks everything could be done digitally on social media platforms. That is wrong.

That is why I believe South East Asia never had a great amount of people playing. Not everyone heard of the game and not everyone are sold out of it because Webzen lacks marketing the game to all regions.

They should reconsider having Dungeons queues open to all servers or a universal server for everyone to queue together. That way everyone really does get a party.

Also I'd like to add up.

The whole bots and cash shops being P2W.

Every Free to Play game, bots are unavoidable and also bots do also evolve. Even if Webzen keeps updating their game guard, people who made these bots are also updating their bypasses. So no matter what, it will exist and it will constantly there. But at least Webzen is trying their best to get this resolve.

Next is the P2W delusion.

No it isn't Pay to Win, but it does get a player ahead on gearing up, but P2W? No.

Cosmetics increasing CP doesn't mean anything
CP = Just your general gear rating, i saw people with 80cp destroy someone with 100k cp in a duel.

Also from my own perspective as a person who has a job, bundles that doubles or triples your exp gain and how much zen you acquire, is really helpful. If I'm really starting out as a new player, because I won't get to play the game that much but at least I'll stay at the level of everyone.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Mu Legend is already way behind the mechanics or generally the concept of an ARPG.

The only reason behind why I still bothered playing the game, even after a year of experiencing a game like Path of Exile.

Because the game is " Mu Online ". And also the fact that even though the whole important concepts of the game is pretty much similarly to any ARPG at the moment, specifically the artifacts and repeatable dungeon runs. The game still has its own unique features such as a guild war on a ship with a customisable levels and rift gauges.

But what was the disappointing part about the game is that, it was very poorly handled. And it seems like they didn't do any case study or have any target audiences once the game got out.

At the beta phase of the game, it was already known how the game was poorly optimized, yet the final release of the product, the game is still poorly optimized.

And the second one is the choice of servers. Out of all South East Asian servers they choose, they had to pick the worst possible server host for us, and that is Korean host, which is pretty bad if you are catering people in South East Asia. The server should have been in Singapore which offers the best Internet hosts and it is for a fact like a very centralize spot for all South East Asians. Even most games that I've played in SEA has a dedicated server for Korea and a different one for South East Asian.

Then lastly, they should have thought about the amount of people they're targeting for each servers, specifically in South East Asia, advertising is really done physically, MU way back had a bunch of posters and a physical disc for people to install. And now that everyone thinks everything could be done digitally on social media platforms. That is wrong.

That is why I believe South East Asia never had a great amount of people playing. Not everyone heard of the game and not everyone are sold out of it because Webzen lacks marketing the game to all regions.

They should reconsider having Dungeons queues open to all servers or a universal server for everyone to queue together. That way everyone really does get a party.

Also I'd like to add up.

The whole bots and cash shops being P2W.

Every Free to Play game, bots are unavoidable and also bots do also evolve. Even if Webzen keeps updating their game guard, people who made these bots are also updating their bypasses. So no matter what, it will exist and it will constantly there. But at least Webzen is trying their best to get this resolve.

Next is the P2W delusion.

No it isn't Pay to Win, but it does get a player ahead on gearing up, but P2W? No.

Cosmetics increasing CP doesn't mean anything
CP = Just your general gear rating, i saw people with 80cp destroy someone with 100k cp in a duel.

Also from my own perspective as a person who has a job, bundles that doubles or triples your exp gain and how much zen you acquire, is really helpful. If I'm really starting out as a new player, because I won't get to play the game that much but at least I'll stay at the level of everyone.

I don't see the bundles being worth whatsoever unless you feel like supporting Webzen.

I myself am working and having 4-5 hours a day to play, got to 65 for a week or less.

After soft cap game becomes a grind - do the dailies in the Duty Room to farm resources like zen, green crystals or level up an artifact then the other grind - do dungeons over and over and over in order to get Ancient and up grade equipment.

Heard Blood Castle in this version is fun, will be giving it a try soon.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I don't see the bundles being worth whatsoever unless you feel like supporting Webzen.

I myself am working and having 4-5 hours a day to play, got to 65 for a week or less.

After soft cap game becomes a grind - do the dailies in the Duty Room to farm resources like zen, green crystals or level up an artifact then the other grind - do dungeons over and over and over in order to get Ancient and up grade equipment.

Heard Blood Castle in this version is fun, will be giving it a try soon.

Honestly yes I do agree that it isn't really necessary for someone to purchase the bundles.

But if you are trying to catch up on one of the lists of rankings and then you have so little time to grind. Then the bundles would absolutely help out, even a +2 on myths and other dailies are already a huge help.

Also the Blood Castle isn't really fun but it is challenging for players that has a CP rating of 86k-98k. After that one, once you hit like around 100 or so. You can solo BC and pretty much the challenging part is completing it as fast as possible for a spot on the leader board for BC.

And by far, base from the leaderboard, I think someone completed it around 3 minutes as a Whisperer.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Honestly yes I do agree that it isn't really necessary for someone to purchase the bundles.

But if you are trying to catch up on one of the lists of rankings and then you have so little time to grind. Then the bundles would absolutely help out, even a +2 on myths and other dailies are already a huge help.

Also the Blood Castle isn't really fun but it is challenging for players that has a CP rating of 86k-98k. After that one, once you hit like around 100 or so. You can solo BC and pretty much the challenging part is completing it as fast as possible for a spot on the leader board for BC.

And by far, base from the leaderboard, I think someone completed it around 3 minutes as a Whisperer.

Whisperers are top dmg unless the Mage has taken the top, that's all since Blader was heavily nerfed.
I am playing DL, still under in the 85 - 90k CP frame, havent been playing for the past few days, got a lot of catching up to do.

I did start as a Mage but saw it being somewhat squishy, yet I find the DL lacking in damage and not feeling like being a support all the time. Might switch to Blader eventually seems like balanced def with high attack.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

There are some good DLs that could deal a tremendous amount of damage, but it comes back to your choice of Artifact and Soul Points invested or Artifact then your item gear stats.

People in Reddit and Forum are even talking about how DL could top a Blader right now. And there are also people saying that DLs at the moment are OP.

Bladers were OP before because of the RMB LMB cancelling other than, they could still be good. My theory craft for the character once I decide to reroll another character would be a Blader which does Life Steal and Cool Downs.

Back