Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Anyone got an Oculus?

*still exists*
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have and it's pretty damn awesome. Elite Dangerous and Alien Isolation are pretty much the best games on it. I've got Assetto Corsa as well but not had the time to try it out...... Also I feel that game needs a full steering wheel to get the real effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
*still exists*
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Anyone got an Oculus?

Yeah Elite is probably the best game on it. Fits really well with the whole sitting in your seat thing. Using it with a joystick is pretty sweet too. You look down to your avatars hand holding the joystick which is roughly where my hand is IRL and everytime you move your joystick that one moves as well. It's a really weird feeling.

Then you look down and see a pair of tits and realize your a women o_____0

Reaction score
Re: Anyone got an Oculus?

Yeah Elite is probably the best game on it. Fits really well with the whole sitting in your seat thing. Using it with a joystick is pretty sweet too. You look down to your avatars hand holding the joystick which is roughly where my hand is IRL and everytime you move your joystick that one moves as well. It's a really weird feeling.

Then you look down and see a pair of tits and realize your a women o_____0
I like holding my joystick. :O

And tits are always good. ;)

But seriously though, yeah I bet that's awesome. I'm already planning getting a joystick for when I get Elite and/or Star Citizen.

*still exists*
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I picked up a logitech extreme 3d pro for about £20 on ebay. Totally worth it! Will get a proper HOTAS when these games are released but for now the stick and keyboard rout seems best.

I've bought into both elite and SC. Picked up a Super Hornet with LTI (weekend warrior package). Dropped £100 on Elite early beta so I get all the post launch expansions without having to pay a penny.

Having played both games.... Elite is FAR better than SC but it's also allot further on in development so a bit of an unfair comparison. I just don't really like the way things handle in SC. Also using a joystick makes things impossible to aim at. Far more competitive with a mouse and keyboard which sucks.

Being able to track other ships with the Oculus on makes combat so much better. Never have to take your eyes off the target. Hmmmmm think I'm gonna play some beta 3 now actually. I've talked myself into it o_0

Reaction score
I picked up a logitech extreme 3d pro for about £20 on ebay. Totally worth it! Will get a proper HOTAS when these games are released but for now the stick and keyboard rout seems best.

I've bought into both elite and SC. Picked up a Super Hornet with LTI (weekend warrior package). Dropped £100 on Elite early beta so I get all the post launch expansions without having to pay a penny.

Having played both games.... Elite is FAR better than SC but it's also allot further on in development so a bit of an unfair comparison. I just don't really like the way things handle in SC. Also using a joystick makes things impossible to aim at. Far more competitive with a mouse and keyboard which sucks.

Being able to track other ships with the Oculus on makes combat so much better. Never have to take your eyes off the target. Hmmmmm think I'm gonna play some beta 3 now actually. I've talked myself into it o_0

How can you not like SC racing!?!?! It's awesome! Though kinda too sensitive for me tbh, I seem to fly better once I've broken off both my wings. Damage states on SC is pretty ground breaking imo. I have an explorer connie, really can't wait to see what content explorers have to play around with. Seriously hope landing on planets is as awesome as it was in the connie trailer! I have 0 interest in combat if I'm honest, short of defending myself. The economic and exploration aspect is what sold me on the game. Racing is pretty cool, I just wish they'd release more details on the non combat aspects of the game!

As for the oculus, I already get pretty bad motion sickness from games with crappy FoV settings (hence I bought a 2560x1080 res monitor!), I'm pretty sure a headset will only make it worse :(

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Buy it, thats the best way to get one, and I cannot wait to have the money for a one myself.

I thought they were more expensive than that...
boyfriend wants one so may be getting one very soon...

Reaction score
boyfriend wants one so may be getting one very soon...

They clearly said when they had the money raising campaign "a cheap gaming technology, because we don't like expensive stuff". So oculus is made to be cheap and probably will always be cheap. Unfortunately for me, I can't order anything from the internet, so if they aren't selling something in stores (such as one plus), I'll never have it. :(

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I thought the same thing...wow...only $350? I want one too...but after reading the page...I'm a little worried now....they really stress that it is only a dev pack. As in if poop doesn't work right...your screwed, we are not liable.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I thought the same thing...wow...only $350? I want one too...but after reading the page...I'm a little worried now....they really stress that it is only a dev pack. As in if poop doesn't work right...your screwed, we are not liable.
Yeah. I think that's the only worry. 200 odd quid for a might not work. I think its just a huge waver for the off chance that it might, as its in development stage.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Man, the Oculus is hella exspensive, but I'll do it for that 350.00!

Reaction score
Quote sure it don't have any import taxes etc that would add up that much, and they do shipping, you might want relook into it.

I got taxed with an aliexpress product, a product that I've bought a product of $50 there, and the government taxed $70.
They tax everything bigger than $50... The only way I see is to ask for someone bring me one...

Back