Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion][PC] The Repopulation : Hero Engine troubles could cause downtime

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have yet to post this as a news for RZ's live news feed yet , but check this out. The quote from what the team have said

Unfortunately at the time when we started out here the only viable options were Hero, Bigworld, or Torque 3D, with the first of those two having restrictive license agreements, and the third being a good renderering engine that lacked in MMO specific features. We weren't ever to fully be able to get out of the agreement.

The risk of downtime is very real at this point, though there is still also some reason for hope that this will resolve itself in a positive way. We have already begun some early work on the most likely contingency plan, so that we aren't just sitting idly. But we are limited still in what we can do as a result of being in money preservation mode while this plays out, so currently it's mostly prep work and experimentation.

Seems like quite a news , so I decided to share it on the forum aswell , let me know what do you think? Is the team handfling it well?

Back