Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Best long-term singleplayer games

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
I was wondering which singleplayer Games you guys enjoy the most over a long period of time? Like games with a never ending story and an open world. Nothing like a CoD series where you got a 20 hours fixed story that never changes and behaves very statically.

I personally enjoy The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim a lot and still play it at least a few times a month when I wish to play a really well made game. And even after completing the story on 5 characters I still find new events / sidequests and ask myself if you can ever fully finish with this game :D

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is another game I have a lot of fun playing. Sadly got it too late and haven't had the time to play it that much lately.

What are your favorites?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The elder scrolls V:Skyrim , enjoyed alot .
also the most longterm game that i ever played :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For FPS genre: Serious Sam Series and Unreal 1 (a.k.a. Unreal Gold). No idea if you guys know those games, i like them, and sometimes i return to play them once again. To be precise, i love Unreal Gold single player custom campaigns, they are very, very immersive.

For a RPG genre, i like Risen Series and Gothic Series, and Rune Classic. Rune is not maybe an RPG, but i like it a lot, i cant give a specific genre for this one.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Subnautica
Fallout 4
The Forest
Star Bound
Stardew Valley ( Cannot exactly recommend entirely, since I don't have the money for it and only got to play a pirated version for it which I enjoyed though but still lacks more update )
Dragon's Dogma
Darkest Dungeon

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)
Reaction score
pretty much classics if they arent online, i never get of playing these ones:

Final fantasy 1,2,3 for super nintendo
Fable for xbox
pokemon crystal for gbc
kingdom under fire: Heroes

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For me - I personally love to go back and play Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core, yeah - the main story is pretty fixed, but a lot of the sidequest and a lot of how the game works has to be played at certain points otherwise you don't unlock every single piece to the game.

I also like to go back and play Yu-Gi-Oh GX Tag Team 1 and 2. For the simple reason I love Yu-Gi-Oh and the stories are pretty immersive if you like that type of thing.

Not much else here.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Damn, so many games I do not know yet :D

I see Bethesda Games having quite a good position when it comes to fun and long term games. It's really nice to see a company putting a bit of work in a game instead of releasing something every year the same time... *cough* CoD *cough*

Final Fantasy is another game I always wanted to try out but always forgot.. Looks like I have to try it then :p

Rogu3
Reaction score
I was wondering which singleplayer Games you guys enjoy the most over a long period of time? Like games with a never ending story and an open world. Nothing like a CoD series where you got a 20 hours fixed story that never changes and behaves very statically.

I personally enjoy The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim a lot and still play it at least a few times a month when I wish to play a really well made game. And even after completing the story on 5 characters I still find new events / sidequests and ask myself if you can ever fully finish with this game :D

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is another game I have a lot of fun playing. Sadly got it too late and haven't had the time to play it that much lately.

What are your favorites?

- Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, etc.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I & II
- Legend of Zelda (Any of them, they're not really decision based, but they are long and fun)
- The Sims (Any of them, the new ones aren't story based, but still very fun)
- Elder Scrolls (Any of them)
- Hitman (Any of them)
- Star Wars™ Republic Commando (Awesome story, and ahead of it's time for a shooter)
- Batman: Arkham (Any of them)

That's just off the top of my head.

Back