Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GTA V Announced

Reaction score
We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

Can't wait for this game to be released!

EDIT: If its only Los Santos and not LV, SF etc.. then it's a little bit disappointing.. considering that there won't be no planes etc.

Regards,
MuIsBest

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
True, I hope there's gonna be all of them like car, bikes, motor bikes, planes, boats.

Reaction score
Looks great, been waiting all day for it.

Things I can confirm it takes place in Vinewood, and the city has to be Los Santos. That means that is has to be San Andreas, making that my assumption of this GTA V will probably be a San Andreas remake & update.

Its not a remake nor an update... Its a completely new game, it just takes place in present day Los Santos.

They know GTA really took off after Vice City, but I think the reason they didn't use the Vice City map is because it is too small. It took what, 20-30 seconds on a motorcycle to go from the top of either island to the bottom? The middle islands were a joke tbh. I think they didn't feel there was enough area there to make a new game, and a new island would feel a little weird.

Can't wait for this game to be released!

EDIT: If its only Los Santos and not LV, SF etc.. then it's a little bit disappointing.. considering that there won't be no planes etc.

Regards,
MuIsBest
They wouldn't show off the jet and the jet ski if they weren't driveable.

Also, if you didn't notice it there was a short scene where a car was driving through a desert. Pretty sure there aren't any deserts in Los Santos. :p

At 0:28. Its hard to tell if its the desert / mountain area or if its that country part of Los Santos. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Last edited:
The light can't stop me.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The deserty/mountainous area looked way too... mountainous for the military training area in San Andreas. I'm thinking it's a different area! :D:

Mt. Chilliad looks awesome!:p

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The mountains look like a good area. Can't wait to play it, it looks sweet.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
San Andreas, great map, graphics not amazing but the things you can do totally make up for it. IV - mmm amazing graphics but I somehow still find myself enjoying San Andreas way more.

GTA IV and San Andreas combined, as it looks is GTA V! Definitely getting GTA V - CoD MW3 comes first, Easily..

Back