Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[All/Mainly PC] Good RTS games?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a tip on some good (new or old) games like StarCraft or Age of Empires? I can't seem to find any good ones =/

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Good RTS games?

I've played it and I didn't really like it =/ I guess I'm a sucker for the "classic" style to start with one building and one builder and then build your base from scratch and go eradicate your enemy :D

SiK

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Empire Earth + Empire Earth 2.

Warhammer 40,000 + Expansions (Dark Crusade,Winter Assault, etc)

Reaction score

Oh... One of my favourite genres!

Let me see...

Supreme Commander
Company of Heroes
Rise of Nations
Rise of Legends
Warcraft
Star Wars Empire At War
Star Wars Battlefront

Those are my most played ones along side the ones you already listed.

By far StarCraft and Empire At War are my two most favorite ones.

NoPeace - out

Reaction score

Then I'll take it from a Pro, trying out Empire At War :)

It's nothing like a traditional RTS.

You have this massive galaxy as an over map where you can make building and star bases on planets. Then you make up armies and fleet on them and invade other planets which you'll go into a combat map.

I don't really care for the ground combat but you can easily click "Auto resolve" to have it automatically done for you.

You can also do it for the space battles but I don't see why you would do that as they are the best part about the game.

Hell I love them so much I modded the entire game to remove the ground combat. :icon6:

And a great feature of it is that it's fully modable. You can easily edit all of the units and make units of your own along with editing the maps and much more.

Meh... it's such a great game that I go on about for ages. :eek:

NoPeace - out

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

1602 A.d! FTW

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anno 1602 (in us/uk version its 1602 A.D.)
Warcraft 2 (Still lots of people playing online)
World in Conflict, extremely detailed (graphics and realism)
Z (Commander zod) old but (p)ownage

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
age of mythology FTW best RTS ive ever played by far

also it helped me pass my english :zippy:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Supreme Commander
CNC (C&C, w/e you call it) games (RA2 / RA / RA2 expansion / etc).

are good ones, as are the ones NoPeace mentioned. Also, world in conflict should be good (Just came out), I am downloading the demo now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm working on a rts mmo project for ios currently, similar to mobile zone games eg. game of war/mobile strike/final fantasy xv.

I am 95% complete on the coding, 92% art and sound work complete, server files and database schema 90% complete.

Any help would be appreciated

I will be working on a browser based version as well as a desktop and android app eventually. I am a lone developer so this will take time to fully complete.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Empire Earth + Empire Earth 2.

Warhammer 40,000 + Expansions (Dark Crusade,Winter Assault, etc)

Oh yeah! Warhammer 40k Soulstorm is the best. I love Tau. Hard to play in close-range but in long... just op. I can fully reccomend!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is an updated game available in StarCraft or Age of Empires?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I love these sorts of games; recently, I've been playing a lot of Wargame Airland Battle and Red Dragon but they're not what you're searching for.

If you want a RTS that has base building, resource gathering, tech updates etc, then you can either get something recent such as Age of Empire II HD or Red Alert 3, or just go ahead and find one of the old games from the golden age of the genre, such as Total Annihilation, AoE II, Empire Earth, Rise of Nations or the earlier C&C franchise games. You'd be surprised by the size of the active playerbase even when 2019's ten days away.

Back