Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Black desert - CBT1

Reaction score
Rain - [PC] Black desert - CBT1 - RaGEZONE Forums

Black Desert (Korean: 검은사막) is an upcoming sandbox-oriented massively multiplayer online role-playing game by Korean video game developer Pearl Abyss. The game has been in development since 2010, and entered closed beta testing (CBT) in October 2013. The game uses Pearl Abyss' own "Black Desert" engine specifically created to handle the fast rendering required for its seamless world and large-scale castle sieges. Black Desert will be released using "free-to-play" model in Korea, Japan and Russia, although no further details of the business model or revenue generation have been announced, while in Europe and North America the game will use "buy-to-play" model.

System Requirements

Minimum:
32 bit Windows 7 or 8
Intel Core i3-530 2.9GHz
4gb RAM
GTS 250 / GeForce 9800 GTX / Radeon HD 6770​

Recommended:
64 bit Windows 7, 8.1, or 10
Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz
6gb RAM
GTX 650 / GTX 550ti / Radeon HD7770 / Radeon HD 6770.​

PVP

Raid Bosses (Guild)

Castle Siege

Housing System

Crafting / Gathering / Processing

How to Play:

Japan (Released) -
Korean (Released) -
Russian (Open Beta) -
Europe/North America (Closed Beta Begins December 16th, 2015) :

In order to get into the first CBT for EU/NA without having to try to win a beta key you can pre-order a copy of the game. You have to pre-order the $99.99 version in order to get into CBT 1 and CBT 2. You can always play the other versions there are several English patches and the lag is very minimum, I would suggest the Korean version if you are on the East Coast of the US, from my experience there is really no lag, you don't need a VPN to access it since they don't restrict IP(s). I would not suggest playing the Russian version, the content is delayed whereas the Japan and Korean versions are more up-to-date and you need to use a VPN to connect.

Korean Setup Guide:
Japan Setup Guide:

More info:

I'm ready for it!
gcKRy0B - [PC] Black desert - CBT1 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I don't know what to think of it... of what i see from the video its some old minded 1750 game with castles as content but MMO related?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dude Black Desert is legitimately the next big thing and honestly, If I had the money right now to buy an access to the game, I'd absolutely without any hesitation get the game.

Been watching a guy from Twitch play this game and I really enjoyed it. Like if you enjoyed a dungeon crawling MMORPG like Dragon Nest then imagine it being open world and this game not being chibi.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
my biggest problem atm with the US/EU version is that its b2p yet it will also have a cash shop, and even though they already mentioned it wouldnt be pay2win i'll wait and see before wasting money on it.
if the cash shop would be the same as in either the russian or korean version (which are f2p) i might aswell just go back to either of those.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Dude Black Desert is legitimately the next big thing and honestly, If I had the money right now to buy an access to the game, I'd absolutely without any hesitation get the game.

Been watching a guy from Twitch play this game and I really enjoyed it. Like if you enjoyed a dungeon crawling MMORPG like Dragon Nest then imagine it being open world and this game not being chibi.

Why would it be the next big thing? They said that about ArchAge too and look where it is now, the hype is completely over and as far as i know, none of my friends even play it anymore.

Reaction score
Why would it be the next big thing? They said that about ArchAge too and look where it is now, the hype is completely over and as far as i know, none of my friends even play it anymore.

ArchAge hasn't been in development for 5 years, Also as you can see it looks way better then archAge aswell.
It's not hyped it's actually good.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
@HeavenlyGifted You should note that you can just get a vps and make openvpn and use it to play. The vps barely costs 5 bucks a month at waverride, also there are patches almost every week at tuesday night. Still. Daum is racist [emoji24]

Reaction score

my livestream, I couldnt really fix some problems so sometimes it laggs.
Although when i was playing everything went smooth so i have no idea what causes the stream to lagg :(

Skip from 22min because i was fixing a screen glitch

Looking for players to play with! NA/EU

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

ROFL who has been hyping about Archeage? like I've never even had a conversation with someone who brought up about Archeage. The only thing which was being hyped before the entire 2010+ games got released was Blade & Soul and look at it now, the game has a competitive scene and the NA beta phase was crowded as hell.

Now then, since B&S is still undergoing development, in my opinion the game is already poop for me knowing it isn't even that fast phase.

Reaction score
ROFL who has been hyping about Archeage? like I've never even had a conversation with someone who brought up about Archeage. The only thing which was being hyped before the entire 2010+ games got released was Blade & Soul and look at it now, the game has a competitive scene and the NA beta phase was crowded as hell.

Now then, since B&S is still undergoing development, in my opinion the game is already poop for me knowing it isn't even that fast phase.

I actually enjoy b&s though...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well yes, because it does offer a good combat aspect compared to any other MMORPG out there presently. I think there is a game potentially having the exact same concept called Dragon's Dogma but never tried it yet, but people outside of its local publisher are already playing the game, specifically NA people.

But comparing Black Desert to the anticipated MMORPG right now is just absurd. Black Desert literally is the titan, it has everything, and I'm not even exaggerating it. Don't watch trailer gameplays or anything involving just a preview of the game. Just watch a person stream it for an hour, it is actually really fun.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score

When AA launched, it actually did had some hype around, people wanted to play it and waited hours for it in the Queue, it was streamed by alot people on twitch too, so there was a hype around that, not as much hype as fallout is, but it was some sort of hype.

Back