Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC]Elder Scrolls Online

Reaction score
Anyone here playing ESO? Was thinking of buying it but don't really want to if I'll have no one to play with. Also, if I played the beta, can I just download the game without paying? There's a download link in my account and I started downloading it but it would have taken hours for it to update the version, so idk if I can actually play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The terms of it being free-to-play is that it requires a purchased copy of the game. Because of that I don't know if your beta client would work, as then essentially anyone in beta is getting away without buying it. If you decide to play, it'd be cool to hear (or see in a video) your adventures and whether its worth getting.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's under the same business model as Guild Wars...only purchase you have to make to play is the initial software purchase.

I played it for about a month...it's pretty looking but it contains the exact same grind as all other MMO's so I didn't stick it out long. It got boring pretty fast.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hm, I might wait for potential server files at some point then and stick with Aion in the meantime. I wish MMOs weren't so shallow and unengaging...

Reaction score
It's under the same business model as Guild Wars...only purchase you have to make to play is the initial software purchase.

I played it for about a month...it's pretty looking but it contains the exact same grind as all other MMO's so I didn't stick it out long. It got boring pretty fast.
Ah I see. Yeah, the more gameplay I watch from it, it does look kind of boring.

Back