Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] GTA VI in development

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Alozi - [PC] GTA VI in development - RaGEZONE Forums

It has been around 2 years now since the GTA V release.

According to several news sites that GTA VI is in development.

Techradar says:

Rockstar had plans to make Grand Theft Auto: Tokyo, and even carried out a reference trip for the game, techradar has learned.
Rockstar visited the Japanese capital several years ago to assess its potential for a full GTA game, but ultimately pulled the plug on the idea, according to a source close to the company.
Before working on a new game Rockstar carries out reference trips to take pictures, meet locals, and generally get a feel for the area.
Our source said that Rockstar was "serious" about the idea of making a Tokyo version around the time of GTA 3 and Vice City, however the road system was seen to be problematic and became one reason the idea was canned.
In December 2003, Take-Two Interactive actually filed trademarks for GTA: Tokyo, GTA: Bogota as well as the particularly mysterious Grand Theft Auto: Sin City.
Our source added that, as time has gone on, Rockstar has realised the difficulty in moving Grand Theft Auto outside of the USA, where it has firmly embedded itself. There are a number of series staples, from brands to cars, that Rockstar would likely have to change if a future GTA was set somewhere else.

Work on GTA 6 has started

The source also revealed that preliminary work has begun on Grand Theft Auto 6, but said a location had not yet been settled on.
It's not unusual that Rockstar would begin laying the early foundations for its next Grand Theft Auto so soon - It's been more than two years since the initial release of GTA 5.

As for the more immediate future, there's a lot of speculation that next Red Dead game will be revealed this year, but there's a big question over where it could be the first to use a new Rockstar engine. In 2012 Rockstar put out a job advert for a position working on engine development for next-gen systems.
"This is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge architectures and high performance systems for current and next-gen platforms," it read, hinting that a new engine might be in the works. Even if Red Dead Redemption 2 doesn't use it, there's a very good chance that GTA 6 will.
We asked Rockstar for comment on this story but did not receive a reply. We'll update if we hear anything.

Source:

-

Gospelherlad says:

Good news for GTA fans out there. Grand Theft Auto 6 is already in the works! Rockstar games confirmed the latest instalment of GTA franchise is under development. However, the location of the much-anticipated game is not yet revealed. Now, here's what is currently known about GTA 6 release date and rumours on the web. Today's online reports say Rockstar is still deciding the location of the next GTA installment. According to , GTA fans will need more patience as the game developer will reveal more details soon.

On the other hand, several gaming websites say that the Rockstar's next big hit will be in Tokyo. According to , Rockstar visited Tokyo several years ago for its potential for a GTA game. But the multinational game developer realized the difficulty of it. Moving GTA outside USA will bring complicated changes for the game. One of these is the road system in Tokyo, which Rockstar sees as problematic for a GTA game. Players expect bigger map for GTA 6.

Furthermore, GTA 6 is rumoured to have a female protagonist. As reports, the rumored female protagonist will be voiced by Eva Mendes. But game developers said that they will never bring a playable female character. However, it is expected that the they will introduce more diverse characters.

Some players believe there could be luxurious apartments in the next GTA game. It would be great if developers will add more features like personalizing apartments. The feature will allow players to buy furniture to decorate their place. Also, this will surely make a huge boost for the game.

Addtionally, GTA 6 could have a new set of realistic combats. The game's punching and stomping features have not evolved since GTA 3. The latest installment of GTA franchise must allow players to create combos. Or if possible, train various fighting styles at a gym.

Rockstar may also feature KAKAI by Shatta Wale. A Rockstar source known as Paula Reed confirmed it. KAKAI is a popular song that became a hit on different dance charts worldwide. According to the reports, Rockstar executives are impressed on it.

In addition, some analysts believe that new vehicles will be added to GTA 6.

Take note that some of these rumors circulating on the web are still not confirmed yet. The launching of GTA 6 is estimated to happen on 2018 or 2020. In addition, fans should expect to hear more from Rocktstar Games about the latest developments of the game.

Source:

Last edited:

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Just rumours, pointless thread, no actual news.

Whilst some people may not find it interesting, I certainly do (as does the OP). 'Rumours' such as these spark discussions between fans, and those discussions result in theories. So, if you have nothing interesting to post, go elsewhere.

--

I'm hoping that it's set in Vice City. It would make sense right? Considering the previous two remastered Liberty City and San Andreas.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I'd play if they made a remake of San Andreas.

Original buildings, new missions :D

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
GTA in Tokyo would be Ducking poop. As previously mentioned the development stage is currently most likely "finding the team" phase. I'd love a Vice City remake, possibly still in the 1980s but not a must. If they really had to pick a new location I wish they'd pick Edinburgh since their offices are right there and I have a slight Scottish bias :p:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The next GTA should be somewhere in a third world country, so we could get some lady boys and some in depth story of drug traffics and illegal markets of cars. And the protagonist should be a broke butt dude desperately would take any jobs just to get him back on his feet or some twist, about families and poop. I mean, there hasn't been any GTA storyline yet that actually involves the protagonist family or romance...

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
IMO GTA won't leave the states. I think it's what makes GTA "GTA". They satirize the country in their own twisted manner. Tokyo or any other wouldn't have the same impact as Vice City 2.

I completely agree with you. Rockstar's satirical approach to America defines the series. Although, I personally believe they could satirize a British setting.

Back