Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC]Guide: How to setup and play Russian Black Desert Online

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Hello Ragezoners,

Writing this guide since I have been kindly asked by @Madison :love: and of course, because I love RZ and want to share the joy of such a good MMO.

So to begin with, the hype about the game was big, not sure what got changed and what not, since there were some discussions about this on the internet, but I think that the game is Awesome!

As mentioned in the title, the server is Russian and it's official, not a private one. There's a translation patch made by gamers, so do not expect perfect translation.

Here are the steps we will take in order to get everything working:

1. Download GameNet
  2. Update Windows
  3. Setup VPN
  4. Apply translation patch
  5. Enjoy

Now before I begin with the steps, I must warn everyone about a few things.

First: Make sure that you have updated whatever Distribution of Windows you have, that is of crucial importance in order to get this working.
Second: The servers are region locked so we are using a free VPN service that has been tested thanks to Omar from MMOs.com for providing that, I will provide his video as a link and explain briefly the process. If you happen to have a better solution or substitute for the service, great! Feel free to suggest it via commenting.

Step 1 - Download GameNet

What is GameNet? GameNet is a host platform for various games, similar to PWI's Arc or Steam. It is in Russian, there's no other language available for it, but I will add screenshots below. Do note that you cannot play BDO without GameNet.

Download link:

Installation:

Open the .exe file you have just downloaded, you should see this:

REMOVED​

and then if it asks, just click next, next etc

Next thing you will see is this:

REMOVED​

Register an account by either using the launcher or in GameNet website. Here I have shown how to register via GameNet.

REMOVED​

1. Email
  2. Password
  3. Login
  4. Remember
  5. No account? Register

So click on Register and you should see this:

REMOVED​

1. Email
  2. Password
  3. Register

After you input your info, check your email for confirmation. Now that you have an account you will see this:
REMOVED​

Hover over Black Desert and click the big orange button, once you done that, in the next screen click again the big organ button situated on the bottom right, the program should ask you where you want to save the game, once you chose prefered directory the download should begin, which is about 31 GB.

Let's assume that you have done everything so far and have the game downloaded, we continue to step 2.

Step 2 - Update Windows

This is a very important part of the process. Why?

On January 1, 2016, Microsoft will discontinue support for obsolete and unreliable hash algorithm SHA-1 is used to digitally sign software to secure SHA-2. Because of this change, any applications signed certificate using the SHA-1 may or may not operate correctly. On November 12, 2015, GameNet began using SHA-2 certificates on their platform thus you will need to install one or two patches to fix the problem on the following operating systems.

In order to fix this you will need to update your Windows. Win 8, 8.1 and 10 users have it the easy way, just check for updates and installed the latest updates. For XP and Win 7 users:

Windows XP
Install Windows XP Service Pack 3 from . Then run the downloaded program and follow the instructions.

Windows 7
Determine your Operating System Service Pack by right clicking on "My Computer" in the start menu, and navigating to "Properties." The window that pops up will display whether you're running Windows 7, or Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
If you're running Windows 7 Without Service Pack 1 then you will need to download it from

Also you will need to install this hotfix:

Now after all this is done, we are ready to proceed to the next step

Part 3 - setting up VPN

To do so, follow the steps provided in this video or keep on reading:

Download the software from:
Follow instructions to complete installation, launch it.

Click on VPN Gate Public VPN Server, find a Russian one, best done by just sorting regions and double click it, then the program may prompt you to install driver, which you need to happen.

Step 4 - Apply Translation Patch

Fast and easy, just download this:

Install and open with admin rights, this is important, otherwise you might get errors, click apply and you are good to go

After all of this is done we get to Step 5 - Enjoying the game!

Feel free to drop a comment, like or rep if you have found this guide helpful!

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this. I am really wanting to know what you (and anyone else) thinks about this game.

Previously you had said this to me when I asked if you liked it.

Liking something is subjective. Everyone has their own tastes and preferences.
The developers have put an amazing amount of detail in the game, some details might even come excess (like the fact that when it rains in the game, you character actually looks wet). Haven't spent much time so far, what I have as impressions:

• The world is very immersive, detailed and beautiful even when running on lowest possible options like I do.
  • Character creation detail beats absolutely every MMO so far, by far.
  • Map for the game looks like an improved version of the map used in Skyrim, that may be good for some and bad for others, I really do enjoy it. (added an image taken from Google)
  • Combat seems fluent and although you do have the standard 1-0 slots, you can cast skills with key combinations.
  • Level progression seems rather fast, I am already level 8 and I have just did a few quests, killed a few mobs, I do wonder what lies ahead.

Will share more when I get more time to spend in game.

Thunda - [PC]Guide: How to setup and play Russian Black Desert Online - RaGEZONE Forums

I had heard wonderful things about the character creation/customization. And long ago I saw many youtube videos that showed this in great detail. However I have to say that many games have terrible character customization and have been wonderful games - and also some have had a lot of customization but were kind of lame.

Some people who played (I want to say Chinese beta? or Chinese version) already have said that the game is a lot of fun for a while, but then not so much. Some of these players were heavy into the pvp and I couldn't tell if it was just the lag that was killing them or lack of content.

I like that the level progression seems fast to you, but I wonder then about boredom and lack of end game content. Honestly for me this isn't so much of a problem but seems to deter a lot of people quickly. I know I played Archeage and many of those players are basically sitting around waiting for this game.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Character customization does provides details, more than any game I have played so far (including some of the games most known for character cust like Aion and Skyrim), the one provided in BDO is on a whole new level.
Not sure myself for the end game content, I see that a lot of people are recruiting for raids, but what's more interesting is that you can see a lot of guild wars happening, which seems the part that most people enjoy. I wonder why, hahaha. Combat is really nice so it's normal for people to be hyped about PvP. From what I have experienced, I do think that PvP may as well be based on player's skills, not on character's skills, like in Blade & Soul. Dodging, jumping, dashing, timing and aiming, all these are parts of the combat, so I do hope that they still take the biggest part of it in later levels/content.

Last edited:
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure myself for the end game content, I see that a lot of people are recruiting for raids, but what's more interesting is that you can see a lot of guild wars happening, which seems the part that most people enjoy. I wonder why, hahaha. Combat is really nice so it's normal for people to be hyped about PvP.
Yeah this is what I am interested in. Do you have to be part of a large group to have any fun, or can your small group of 3-5 guys have fun too. I totally understand having activities for a whole group, but what about those smaller groups, lots of games seem to forget about those.

~Hunter~
Reaction score
most working.. but... but non for translate .. after last patch NON of all exist english patch no work nomore

Back