Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

Master Summoner
Reaction score
no druids are good as they are imo. Buffs on that card will make them even more annoying. Innervate and wild growth are op spells

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
It's crazy to think what a huge balance change it would be if they dropped the mana cost of Druid of the Claw by one mana, if i wasn't limited to 2 a turn i would've won so many more games

i went 4-3 :(
I guess you'll never play again then huh? :D

I still think Druid of the claw is pretty good as it is though. Versatility is nice even if neither of its forms is outstanding alone.

Reaction score
Yeah, i actually had a hand of 4 druids of the claws and 2 swipes at one point, i ended up hero powering for the first 3 turns while drawing more of them...

But still, this game is honestly so great with the iPad / Android version and the fact that i can just press play and start playing and do a few games in 15 minutes

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
But still, this game is honestly so great with the iPad / Android version and the fact that i can just press play and start playing and do a few games in 15 minutes
Ah that is excellent news as I wasn't even aware an Android version was being made. I just might get myself an Android tablet finally when it's released..

Reaction score
Ah that is excellent news as I wasn't even aware an Android version was being made. I just might get myself an Android tablet finally when it's released..

It's going to be released on android phones aswell on iPhones aswell. I think the iPad thing was a just a trial. I literally cant wait to just sit at a library and play hearthstone on my phone and pretend im being productive while farming nerds.

I'm actually never going to be productive again once this comes out from iPhones

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
It's going to be released on android phones aswell on iPhones aswell. I think the iPad thing was a just a trial. I literally cant wait to just sit at a library and play hearthstone on my phone and pretend im being productive while farming nerds.

I'm actually never going to be productive again once this comes out from iPhones
I'm not too excited about playing it on my Android phone because I doubt the screen size allows for very comfortable play as it is even when mine is one of the largest (S4), but who knows what kind of UI optimizations they have to make it work sooo... It's awesome that Android is coming in any case.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Independent to the fact I hate such card games, I don't get the sense why they didn't program it for instant playing in the browser, embarrassing.
I actually thought about downloading all card data from one of those hearthstone wikis and implementing the gameplay on browser just for the heck of it. It's truly sad they didn't make it available on browser as the first choice.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Well the graphics are pretty good and from what I know of, there are no hacks for the game. I think making a browser game would make it a lot more hackable imo. Nonetheless, cant wait to play it on my LG G2. Can finally use its amazing graphics for something I can play.

Reaction score
I Lost my first 2 Ducking games in a row druids of the claw are underpowered they need a buff
The problem is that while any card can be great, most of them should be 2 or 3 times in your deck, it's extremely rare that you want more then that.
Android version isn't out yet.
Windows version is perfect, when played on a tablet of course. You iOS/Android users are just way behind us Windows users in every way. ;)
I'm not too excited about playing it on my Android phone because I doubt the screen size allows for very comfortable play as it is even when mine is one of the largest (S4), but who knows what kind of UI optimizations they have to make it work sooo... It's awesome that Android is coming in any case.
I'm assuming that phone versions will work very differently. Basically they need to remove the time limit, otherwise it would be impossible to play anywhere but home next to your wifi router, because as soon as you go outside and you are busy all the sudden or your connection pings out, you would loose.
So timeless turn based with a new interface would work.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
You iOS/Android users are just way behind us Windows users in every way. ;)
I'm a Linux -> Android user by choice and let me tell you it's not in EVERY way we're behind.. (actually there's one particular situation where the only place I want to be is behind!). Obviously I need desktop windows for games though. :(
I'm assuming that phone versions will work very differently. Basically they need to remove the time limit, otherwise it would be impossible to play anywhere but home next to your wifi router, because as soon as you go outside and you are busy all the sudden or your connection pings out, you would loose.

So timeless turn based with a new interface would work.
I wouldn't go as far as changing the time mechanics although you may be right that some tuning is called for. Disconnections though need to be handled differently. Where I imagine to be playing this is on a bus mostly, maybe on a break at work.. in any case usually in places where I can focus on the game.

The interface then, while it probably works as it is in the desktop version it'd be far from optimal. There's a reason people talk about responsive web design and why shouldn't the same apply to non-web applications as well.

Reaction score
Well why not, I mean you can set it up with different time settings, but in the end if you are on the bus and you need to get out, it's going to be a problem.
Now you could say that you get like double the time, but what if the game then takes like 20-25 mins? In the end turn based with say 12/24 in between turns, would do quite well, allow people multiple games and it should be fine.
They would need to make sure that it's easy to check what cards been played, so that if a game takes long, you don't don't forget about it.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
I really do like your idea and what kind of new situations it would allow one to play, but then again what would frustrate me is that when I actually do have the time to focus on the game I wouldn't want the other player to disappear for lunch before taking their next turn. Well, of course the mode could be selectable... I don't know, I think I'd prefer the current mode in any case.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I like the idea that DrBen said, where you can play multiple games at once. I'd like to expand on the idea, where you have groups for certain queues. Each group is divided by how long a player is going to take to do their turn. So there would be 3 groups: normal play, 5 - 20 minute play, and 20+ minute play. That way, everyone can be happy and not wait for people to finish their turn (like in Words with Friends)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
April season is done. Ended in rank 11. Dont know what more I can do with my rogue deck. Only option I have now is to farm dust for a legendary. I might try out priest this season

Back