Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I ended up rank 13 this season. Im having a hard time moving up -.-. I got Leroy though, so we will what happens this season. I really want to try miracle rogue, but need the last two cards (Preparation x2). I main Rogue, yet my Shaman and Paladin are pretty much complete. Might try one of them this season, but I really want a Gold Rogue :(:

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Doomhammer + Rockbitter is simply OP. I love doing 10-16 damage in one turn :p:. I think I could finish someone off in one turn:

Lava Burst + Doomhammers + 2 rockbitter + 2x Lightning Bolt + having a +1 Spell damage on the field = 30 damage

Ofcourse it cant easily be done in one turn, but yea the rage from someone if someone did this to them :p:

----------
Anyone want to compete in a Hearthstone competition?
Reqs:
- Basic Deck of any Character (you would need to level one to level 10 imo; level 1 would be boring, but it would allow more people to play)
- Screenshot of your win against an opponent

I dont know if people from the US (or any country) can play against people from Europe (or any country). Would be pretty nice to have a RaGEZONE Hearthstone Tournament.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Divine Favor is amazing (Paladins). I run mostly 1-3 mana cards and usually have an empty hand. That card gives me a new hand 95% of the time. Pretty op when used right (especially on miracle rogues)

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Well I gave in and installed the game on my laptop this time. Now it goes with me everywhere gaaaah!

Expansion ehh?

Some interesting cards as rewards there, considering all wings to be.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Im looking forward to the rogue and shaman cards. Thought it will be up already... guess I will have to wait till tonight

Master Summoner
Reaction score
The art work is amazing. Cant wait for the next wings to open.

Tips on Arachnid Quarter:

Normal Mode

Anub'Rekan
- Destroy his minions as soon as he plays them. His hero power is a 3/1 monster. Keep his board clean. If you cant destroy those minions quickly, have a few taunt monsters in your deck. I wouldnt drag the fight.

Faerlina
- Really strong hero power, where she deals 1 damage for each card in your hand. Try not to have cards in your hand. Your deck should not have many high mana cost monsters and spells. I would recommend high HP monsters.

Maexxna
- Hero power is 3 mana and it returns your minion to your hand. I wouldnt use monsters that rely on a two turn set up. Taunt monsters are not great here, but have a couple in your deck. I would recommend low mana monsters and charge monsters. Always try and make her use her hero power, since it is 3 mana.

Class Challenge:

Rogue
- Try to get off as many combos from combo cards. Use your hero power as much as you can. Try and play monsters when you can summon 2+, since her hero power will return the monster you have just played.

Druid
- Cant really give great tips as you cant use your custom decks. I had a Hogger, so it was easy for me.

Heroic Mode:

Anub'Rekan
- I would prioritize lowering his health (since he starts with 45). Have some decent taunt monsters, but have a lot of monsters that can easily do +4 damage and not die after you summon them (he has Mortal Coil and Frostbolt). Dont let his Skitters (Hero summon of a 4/4 for 2 mana) take control of the board. If youre lucky, he will do stupid mistakes like he did when I faced him.

Well the quarter was interesting. Will finish the heroics at leisure, since there are no rewards. The AI is terrible at times.

Last edited:
Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Tips on Arachnid Quarter:

Normal Mode
Faerlina
- Really strong hero power, where she deals 1 damage for each card in your hand. Try not to have cards in your hand. Your deck should not have many high mana cost monsters and spells. I would recommend high HP monsters.
This one was perfect for my Murloc deck.
Maexxna
- Hero power is 3 mana and it returns your minion to your hand. I wouldnt use monsters that rely on a two turn set up. Taunt monsters are not great here, but have a couple in your deck. I would recommend low mana monsters and charge monsters. Always try and make her use her hero power, since it is 3 mana.
Surprisingly for my decks at least this one appeared the easiest and its hero power is poor, given you don't rely on lots of setup like you mentioned.

Class Challenge:
Well since you're not allowed to build your own decks for these not much to discuss. Very easy.
Heroic Mode:

Anub'Rekan
- I would prioritize lowering his health (since he starts with 45). Have some decent taunt monsters, but have a lot of monsters that can easily do +4 damage and not die after you summon them (he has Mortal Coil and Frostbolt). Dont let his Skitters (Hero summon of a 4/4 for 2 mana) take control of the board. If youre lucky, he will do stupid mistakes like he did when I faced him.
Found this one by far the most challenging and had to adjust my deck several times before getting through. I played a paladin deck with taunts, ancient watchers (really nice 4/5 taunt against those 4/4's) and the new 0/2 egg minions. Was a close call even then. (Why paladin? The resurrection secret works really well with the taunty eggs, and divine shields are obviously nice on ancient watchers. Equality with concecration as well, obviously.)

The very last boss in Heroic mode is excellent fun the way it's set up. He starts with two 1/2 deathrall spiders and his hero power auto-returns two of your minions to your hand every turn for no mana. This makes for very funny play as you get to spam low-cost minions without ever running out of cards. I picked Hunter for this due to it having very practical secrets. Choice of minions: Knife jugglers, anything with Charge, Timber wolves and Hounds. Mad bomber was great as well since you get to drop it in for its battlecry at start of every turn if you wish against a boardful of 1/1 minions.

All in all a fun "Adventure" but I could've hoped for it to last a little longer than the couple of hours. Then again, more next week!

Reaction score
The last boss I beat with a healing Paladin deck, basically put out 2 healers constantly, heal some extra with other cards, and your weapon. Now the vital part is to let him have 7 minions on the board, don't clear it and just put their damage at 1, so 7 damage per turn, with the right minions you can heal 6 for 6 mana, while using spells and all to do some damage and extra healing. Now calculate your trades and start damaging with charge minions, personally I used 2 arcane golems, that way you still leave some mana for other stuff, while doing 8 damage each turn.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Dunno what they've done in the update but now it's basically unplayable for me in windowed mode

Its working for me in window mode. Not near my computer, but I think you can try and repair the game
Gonna try my zoo paladin and warlock decks for the rhe other two hc. I pretty sure my Rogue deck will not do good against these 2 bosses

Reaction score
Its working for me in window mode. Not near my computer, but I think you can try and repair the game
Gonna try my zoo paladin and warlock decks for the rhe other two hc. I pretty sure my Rogue deck will not do good against these 2 bosses

It works in windowed but for some reason my my whole pc locks up like it's working too hard and my frame rate drops to what is clearly single figures. Full screen, no problem, very odd!

I'll have a look at repairing it though!

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Plague Quarter Released (You can now buy it for 700g). I finished all three bosses with ease. Gonna try heroic later. Loatheb (the card) looks interesting and I might add it into my deck. It can really null miracle rogues and other decks that rely on spells

Reaction score
Rank 12 atm, it's so hard to get further without the right legendaries, most top decks include Black Knight, Ragnaros, Thalnos, Leeroy etc and of course certain classes run their legendaries as well, like with Paladin.

In the beta/season 1 I got around this rank, and I found myself not only get stomped by legendaries, but also because I didn't know the combo's of the enemy. Now I know the big plays, doesn't mean it's always as easy to work around, but at least I know them and do my best to control the game. But now I'm just at the point that Legendaries make or break the deck, especially since the meta changes , 1 of the decks I want is Paladin deck created by Kolento, some of the main cards are Tirion, Wild Pyromancer, Equality, Consecration, Aldor Peacekeepers lots of taunts and some healing, including Lay on Hands. What you basically do is block their damage, take away their high damage, board clear, heal up and stomp them with strong minions and weapons.
Problem is that it's freaking expensive. Now you don't need all the cards from this version:
That's basically a modified Kolento version, you don't need the Ysera, and I would prefer a Cairn Bloodhoof, but you can do without them both, here is the thing though, the others are needed, and I'm missing Lay on Hands, Tirion and Black Knight, that's 4k dust to craft, which I don't have, and since I'm not getting lucky with the top tear legendaries, the only 2 good ones I got is Alexstrasza and Al'Akir, I could disenchant some of the others, but that doesn't get me close enough.

Basically to advance, it's pay2win, because the meta has turned into expensive decks

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Rank 12 atm, it's so hard to get further without the right legendaries, most top decks include Black Knight, Ragnaros, Thalnos, Leeroy etc and of course certain classes run their legendaries as well, like with Paladin.

In the beta/season 1 I got around this rank, and I found myself not only get stomped by legendaries, but also because I didn't know the combo's of the enemy. Now I know the big plays, doesn't mean it's always as easy to work around, but at least I know them and do my best to control the game. But now I'm just at the point that Legendaries make or break the deck, especially since the meta changes , 1 of the decks I want is Paladin deck created by Kolento, some of the main cards are Tirion, Wild Pyromancer, Equality, Consecration, Aldor Peacekeepers lots of taunts and some healing, including Lay on Hands. What you basically do is block their damage, take away their high damage, board clear, heal up and stomp them with strong minions and weapons.
Problem is that it's freaking expensive. Now you don't need all the cards from this version:
That's basically a modified Kolento version, you don't need the Ysera, and I would prefer a Cairn Bloodhoof, but you can do without them both, here is the thing though, the others are needed, and I'm missing Lay on Hands, Tirion and Black Knight, that's 4k dust to craft, which I don't have, and since I'm not getting lucky with the top tear legendaries, the only 2 good ones I got is Alexstrasza and Al'Akir, I could disenchant some of the others, but that doesn't get me close enough.

Basically to advance, it's pay2win, because the meta has turned into expensive decks

That shaman legendary is pretty sick! I would love to have that in my shaman deck. If only we could trade cards :p: (I have Tirion). I must be really lucky with legendaries then, since I have about 6 from card packs (I think I hae 8, where one (leeroy) I bought and the other was the murloc). MY problem isnt about the other person having top tier cards, but how much I rely on wave clear with Blade Flurry in my Rogue deck. That one card (+ Deadly Poison and a +1 spell damage) clears the whole board and does a pretty good amount against the opponent. Would love to see them introduce cards that reduce healing in some way because that really destroys me.

Do you have Avenging Wrath. That card is pretty useful in destroying anything of your opponent.

Reaction score
Yeah some are just so extremely strong, I mean Black Knight is a 6 mana 4/5 while it destroys their taunt minion, obviously in some decks it's not that good if they don't have taunt minions, but most do, and getting a taunt minion down is just massive value.

As for Legendaries, I got quite a few of them, but things like Nate Pagle, Illidan Stormrage and Lorewalker Cho are just not that useful and generally not worth using in your deck. Whereas something like Leeroy is just extremely valuable, it's essential for Rogue, it can be great for Hunter (in combo with Unleash) and also other decks to combo with or finish.

The key really is how much value you get out of something, Ragnaros will always hit something, yes it's random, but you know it will hit and you decide when to play it. Black Knight destroys the enemy, Cairne requires at least 2 cards/actions to clear, which is great to bait out spells or them clearing the board to attack you, Tirion will give you a weapon unless cleared with silence/sheep/hex. In the end they cause massive swings.

I have Avenging Wrath, it's good against smaller minions or in combination with Equality, but it's not really a combo you need to go for, I have 1 in my charge deck right now, but that deck doesn't fit in the control meta right now, cards like Sludge Belcher just destroys decks like mine, so I don't play it anymore. In control decks people use Wild Pyromancer to clear, since you won't be putting up a lot of minions early, you just keep them down, clear and set up control again. When you do have control, just use Consecration, but obviously using Equality while you got your minions up is risky, so where does the expensive Avenging Wrath come in?

Back